Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Phone Dilemma
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Phone Dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Phone Dilemma Reply with quote

Its time to change my mobile my sony erricsson k850i is dying the speaker is playing up once again.
Fortunately I am due a replacement next Monday
Does anyone know of any phone apart from sony (once bitten twice shy) which can receive sms over bluetooth (TT 710)
Failing that anyone tried a Samsung u900, I used to have a d900 and that was fine (no sms though)
Thanks in advance
edit to say I know the tomtom site say theu900 will connect I just wondered how much funcionality is available, as thew tomtom list says that the d900 will not copy the phone book but mine did
paul9018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi try this link
http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/
defi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I had seen that but as it is inaccurate regarding the d900 I wondered whether or not it is correct about the u900
chrisjr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Samsung U900 on Orange. It worked for about 2 minutes the first day I got it and hasn't worked since!

But I don't think it's TomTom it's the phone, or Orange, or both Evil or Very Mad

Basically I got the phone out the box, registered it with Orange and got a service update SMS. At that point the phone and TomTom paired OK and I set up a data connection OK and could use the Plus services. Then I got a second service update SMS and it all went pear shaped.

Now the phone and TomTom will talk to each other, the phone shows every sign it is making a GPRS data connection but it just doesn't work. Nor can I use my Dell PDA to connect via Bluetooth to make a data connection, hence why i suspect the phone/Orange.

I can connect via USB to my laptop and use GPRS to surf the internet so it shows it is possible, just not via Bluetooth. trouble is no on at orange seems much interested in fixing it.

But my old Samsung D600 works fine if I put the SIM from the U900 in it so go figure....

Oh yeah, meant to add. It does all the usual handsfree phone bits OK. And does copy the phone book over. Not tried SMS though.
defi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that just what I was looking for I couldnt deal with pushing contacts one by one, sms would be nice, kind of freaky at first hearing your messages read out to you but I got usedd to it and now find it really usefull.
Does sound like orange have caused you a problem hope they can sort it quickly for you
Thanks again for the info
Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: