Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8,301 will work on your device, whether it fixes the issues found with 8,300 we will have to wait and see, I am sure if it fixes it we will hear very little - if it doesn't this thread will grow even longer - Mike
alanwalne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
8,301 will work on your device, whether it fixes the issues found with 8,300 we will have to wait and see, I am sure if it fixes it we will hear very little - if it doesn't this thread will grow even longer - Mike

Isn't it fun being unpaid Beta testers!!! Laughing
Scooby99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Voice break up TomTom 520 Reply with quote

Hi - my first post, so please be gentle.

I bought the TomTom 520 at Christmas, but the computer based voices seem to "clip" the end of sentences ie. the last few words of many spoken sentence are missing. I think the work around is detailed in this forum (excellent post be Mike Alder - Post of 27/12/08) but being an absolute non-techie I found the explanation a bit mind blowing.

Is there a more step by step (idiots) version of the procedure, or could anyone please give me a "you press this button then this button" version on the assumption I have no existing programs that will help me to install the patches / corrections.

The "install this app using this installer, but if you don't have this install this app first" has left my simple head spinning and I do not want to go into the TomTom files and make matters even worse !

Sorry if this is a lame question and it might put someone to some trouble, but any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

My only comment is

THIS THREAD WILL GROW A HELL OF A LOT LONGER
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
THIS THREAD WILL GROW A HELL OF A LOT LONGER

I have to agree with this comment - I might try the 720 and 930 in the car again tomorrow with this version installed, but initial impressions are far from favourable:

Stuttering TTS voice
Slow map refresh rates
Stuttering Music (mp3 player)
day/ night dimming
Slow mp3 playback (320kbps sampled tracks)

The above are a few of the issues noted today - Mike
shenkerp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to recover from the shock of the new upgrade file 8,301 not working for the stutter problem especially as TT has this written on its site which I hadn't noticed before. Forgive me if it has been brought up before.

Question
Faltering voice on GO x20 / x30
Answer
The computer voice on some GO x20 and x30 devices with application version 8.300 may sound broken up or faltering.
We're currently working on a solution. This solution will be offered as an application update via TomTom HOME. In the meantime we recommend using a standard voice.

What can one say!! Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Shocked Laughing
They all apply.
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shenkerp wrote:
I'm still trying to recover from the shock of the new upgrade file 8,301 not working for the stutter problem especially as TT has this written on its site which I hadn't noticed before. Forgive me if it has been brought up before.

Question
Faltering voice on GO x20 / x30
Answer
The computer voice on some GO x20 and x30 devices with application version 8.300 may sound broken up or faltering.
We're currently working on a solution. This solution will be offered as an application update via TomTom HOME. In the meantime we recommend using a standard voice.

What can one say!! Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Shocked Laughing
They all apply.

I guess it would fit them right to feature Pete Townsend in one of their standard voices( as he sings "My Generation" Laughing )

2GB Turkey and Europe v725.1908

Turkey v815.2218
plimo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might as well make this thread a bit longer...perhaps there is no permanent fix for this problem and tomtom are just praying that we all get tired of complaining about it and go and buy a new x40 model... Twisted Evil
titanflux
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fed up with it and have been waiting for an answer from TT support since November. Whatever solution they offer me leaves me with reduced functionality, especially when I have paid for map updates which I need 8.3+ for them to work properly!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanflux wrote:
I'm fed up with it and have been waiting for an answer from TT support since November. Whatever solution they offer me leaves me with reduced functionality, especially when I have paid for map updates which I need 8.3+ for them to work properly!
Go back to page 28 of this thread where there is a work around detailed that seems to work and the only reduced functionality is the operate my Go while using TomTom Home (if you still use this software on your PC - I don't even trust it to view the contents of the device correctly).

When I say "it seems to work" I have noticed a couple of issues with stuttering voices running this release, but that is based on nearly two months of daily use on the 720, prior to installation of 8,320 and vs7 TTS voice files it stuttered numerous times each trip - Mike
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed a recording of the voice stutter? or better still a video of the map lag and stuttering voice?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingfuzz wrote:
Has anyone managed a recording of the voice stutter? or better still a video of the map lag and stuttering voice?

I will try tomorrow if I get a chance - if not should be able to get one a the weekend.

I will PM you when I do.

Mike - you got any recordings of the s-s-s-s--t-u-t-t-t-t-t-t-e-r-r-r-r?
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Spanish V7 TTS voices Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
titanflux wrote:
Go back to page 28 of this thread where there is a work around detailed that seems to work and the only reduced functionality is the operate my Go while using TomTom Home (if you still use this software on your PC - I don't even trust it to view the contents of the device correctly).

When I say "it seems to work" I have noticed a couple of issues with stuttering voices running this release, but that is based on nearly two months of daily use on the 720, prior to installation of 8,320 and vs7 TTS voice files it stuttered numerous times each trip - Mike

Mike, do you know where I can find Spanish V7 voices??
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Customer Satisfactio survey Reply with quote

Yesterday TT sent me the customer satisfaction survey…. Hehehehe. It looked to me like a joke

It is especially focussed on evaluating the job of the TT support team but it leaves some freedom to specify your real concerns.

I think ithat in case you have the chance to fill it, it is important to clarify that there is no special concern with the Support Team themselves but with a PATHETIC PRODUCT.

Both the Support Team and we are victims of TT having launched to market this pathetic product.

The Support Team evidently has the objective to give some answer before 24 hrs. At last with unsolved problems like stuttering they just give whatever answer asking stupid things with the scope of fulfilling the 24hrs response time.. They are in trouble because the give the face for the foolish decision of TomTom of launching such a product.

In the last page of the survey I just wrote that I want my money back to buy a Navigon.

For the rest I am totally in line with Andy and Mike. TT must fix it or pay for it.

On the other hand I believe that writing on the forum is not enough. We should start to send a formal letter that has legal value. Maybe colleting the claim ID that we have started to write on the forum.
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new Garmin Nuvi 865T with free lifetime maps should be delivered today.

I don't think I will ever waste another penny on a TomTom product.

HummerUK

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 41 of 49

Jump to: