Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent fix I received from TT Support (reported earlier in this thread) seems to be working. I used my GO920 twice today and there was no stuttering and no obvious GPS lag. Very Happy

The fix is along the same lines as that being recommended elsewhere, i.e. installation of a v700 voice. The main advantage is that this one is supported by TT as they recommended it Wink
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to re-find Oldboy's site again. So I can stock on on older versions in case things go bump in the night... Or rather STUDDER.

So the consensus seems to be...... (G)

I think that is why I've stuck with the version I've had for so long.

One day I will run into issues with the older maps but so far so good.
bensonboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee wrote:
The recent fix I received from TT Support (reported earlier in this thread) seems to be working. I used my GO920 twice today and there was no stuttering and no obvious GPS lag. Very Happy

The fix is along the same lines as that being recommended elsewhere, i.e. installation of a v700 voice. The main advantage is that this one is supported by TT as they recommended it Wink

Can I ask where you got the v700 voice from? I have looked through this thread but the only voice that MAY be v700 was from rapidshare and I was wondering if you have a Tomtom link?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some direct links to the TT Server for v7 TTS voices in This post from a few pages back - Mike
bensonboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
There are some direct links to the TT Server for v7 TTS voices in This post from a few pages back - Mike

Thanks Mike, I couldn't see the woods for the trees. Embarassed

EDIT, do these voices work with 8.300 on the 920? I haven't gone over to 8.320 as per Mike's instructions on the link so didn't get a new LoquendoTTS folder, all I did was delete my version 693 voices from the folder so that it was empty and extracted the downloaded voices to it. Unfortunately, they now aren't available when the 920 is started. Oh well.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: stuttering voice (720T) Reply with quote

Had my first experience of this today, and I'm sure the unit also changed volume level itself (to near silent). Rolling Eyes
I also had flickering screen at same time as stuttering; anyone else have this??
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensonboo wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Thanks Mike, I couldn't see the woods for the trees. Embarassed

EDIT, do these voices work with 8.300 on the 920? I haven't gone over to 8.320 as per Mike's instructions on the link so didn't get a new LoquendoTTS folder, all I did was delete my version 693 voices from the folder so that it was empty and extracted the downloaded voices to it. Unfortunately, they now aren't available when the 920 is started. Oh well.

Reinstall 8.300 now you have the TTs7 voice on there. The Navcore install puts two files in the Loquendo TTS folder that need to be there for TTS to work - if you emptied the folder and then installed the voice after 8.300 was installed they will be missing.

Andy
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seems good so far with the 8.32 Tried it this morning where I knew the 8.3 had problems and it worked great. I am going to give it a good run this afternoon so I will see how it goes.
Many thanks to mikealder for putting the simple to follow instructions up on this thread.
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 8.3 with the v7 voices.

I did have 8.32 but the screen brightness kept changing slightly and there was a big skip in my MP3 files being played when the TTS directions were about to cut in.

I put the V7 voices on and then the 8.3 cab from my TTHome download directory and I don't have any stuttering now, or skipping of the MP3's
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Haven't been on for a while, so thought i would add my update.

I have stuck with the v8.3 and the v710 Kate since when andy came up with the idea.
What seemed like a cure early on has slowly been getting worse. Both my 720 & 920 can have really bad cases of stuttering and then go back to been fine. I use them both evryday for deliveries, so they get a lot of use.

To me it almost seems like a cumulative effect, where the unit is somehow storing old routes or something in its memory until it seems to get full and then throw a wobbly.

Is there anything that it would store from day to day that would cause this?

I have also got into the habit now of doing the weekly GPS fix and then using the clear flash mem tool to try keep the rubbish on there to a minimum.

I have thought about trying the other f/w that Mike mentions but i keep holding out for a fix, rather than messing around with the units anymore.
Maybe one day TT will fix it Laughing
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 8.32 worked fine on a 3hr trip.
Will tomtom ever bother with a fix for this? It must be nearly due for the next quarter update for the map update service I have paid for. Today was the first time I have used the new map since last week of November, due to the stuttering and map refresh rate.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone willing to bet that when the next map update is issued, there will be another mammoth thread on this site? Rolling Eyes

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
bucketp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Just over a week ago both my 720 and 930 were stuttering and suffering from very slow screen refresh rates, if I played music over the BT HiFi link to the car stereo matters got even worse, the screen rate dropped to less than 1 update every 5 seconds!

Having tried most of the suggestions in this thread I decided to try one option available to us that so far hasn't been covered in this thread as far as I know.

A couple of weeks back there was a release of Navcore 8,320 (9901) which is intended for people using the x20/ x30 units with the TomTom Work system. This does seem to have transformed both devices with no noticable issues in reduced funtionality, better still the screen refresh rate is back to normal and no stammering (although I will have to add the word YET as I have only been trying this for around a week).

1/ Fully backup your device using Windows Explorer.

2/ Download the LoquendoTTS version 7 voice of your choice:

American Dave Voice

American Susan Voice

British Kate Voice

British Simon Voice

Keep this safe on your PC for now.

3/ Download the Navcore 8,320 application from:
x20 Devices

x30 Devices

4/ Using Windows Explorer delete the folder LoquendoTTS from the TomTom device.

5/ Install the Navcore 8,320 application using WinRar.

6/ Install the LoquendoTT Voice downloaded at step 2 using WinRar, extract the files directly to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device (I know you deleted this folder at step 4, but step 5 will have created a new folder Wink

Thats it, give the unit a try and see what you think - I have been impressed with this on both my devices. If you don't suffer from slow screen updates or stammering then leave the device alone. I haven't heard from Andy Vaughan as yet, but we did discuss this option prior to the Christmas break, it will be interesting to see how he faired trying the same setup on the 920.

If you don't have WinRar then it can be downloaded from This Page - Mike

How would I put my go520 back to how it was before this if I needed to? I did the above fix and all worked fine on the 520 but I am now having loads of issues with TomTom Home.

Thanks

Bill
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you performed step one of the instructions? If so simply re-installing the back up will return the device to the pre-modified status which will work with TT Home - Mike
bucketp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did so I will restore from that,thanks again for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 32 of 49

Jump to: