Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN630 V2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN630 V2 Map Errors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: iCN630 V2 Map Errors Reply with quote

Please post any problems with the maps or searching the database for streets and towns in this message.

If you need to show a map error, please take a digital photo square on, of the iCN630 (without flash) and send us the JPG and we'll upload it here.
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much of a map problem - just omission.

The new maps don't include the M6 Toll. I would have expected a road that has been in construction for donkeys to have been included. Disappointed more than anything. Crying or Very sad

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing out the M6 toll (if true) is unforgivable!
NMatthew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the V2 Tele-Atlas maps are the same as Tom Tom will use for their forthcoming Navigator V3 it looks like many of us are going to be spitting blood. There is surely no excuse for missing the M6 Toll, it's not as if its construction was a secret! (As the Birmingham Northern Relief Road - BNRR, maybe they were waiting for it to be named)

Neil
jack2web
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: iCN630 V2 Map Errors Reply with quote

[quote="Dave"]Please post any problems with the maps or searching the database for streets and towns in this message.

I have my iCN630 since december 2003. Updated to SmartST V2.
Since then I have regular <<ERROR 0X000000000000 not in known area, please restart>> messages. Restart does not help. Switching on later, once you're outof the sector brings you back on track.
However the damaged/faulty sectors can be very large. Calculating a route 'through' such a sector can cost you many miles of detour.
NavMan suggested to install their New SP1. Unfortunately this is not the solution to this problem.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution? From NavMan I do not expect much help.
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There

I don't have solution to your immediate problem but I can't understand why you think you won't get support from Navman Question

I'm amazed that you have lived with this for such a long time, if I was in your situation I should be banging on their door demanding help. From the description of the error it sounds as though some corruption took place during installation. I'm no expert but I think that the only way out is to delete and start again. My advice would be to call Navman-Europe Technical Support on 0129 378 0500 and tell them that you need their help, ask them to call you back. I've done this in the past and found the technician most helpful and between us we've sorted my problems out.

All the best, I hope you get it sorted Thumbs Up

Regards

alfieB

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
EOBD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Perth, Scotland mapping error. Reply with quote

Hi

Recently acquired a NAvman ICN30 and I am very impressed with it so far.

On a recent run I drove through the cities of Perth and Dundee, Scotland, and noticed two mapping/instruction errors.

PERTH
Address:
X:311000m Y:724000m lat: 56:23:59N (56.3998) lon: 3:26:37W (-3.4436) (Map Centre) Grid Ref:NO110240(accurate to 100 metres)

The junction of Atholl Street/Barrack Street (A85/A912) is incorrectly identified by the Navman as a roundabout. Interestingly the Multimap website also shows this error. About two years ago this junction was changed to a staggered traffic light and filter lane configuration, the roundabout being removed due to the congestion it caused at rush hour.

DUNDEE
Address:
X:341400m Y:732400m lat: 56:28:49N (56.4802) lon: 2:57:11W (-2.9531) (Map Click) Grid Ref:NO413324(accurate to 100 metres)

The junction of Kingsway/Forfar Road (A90/A929/A972) is incorrectly identified as a single roundabout when in fact it is a double roundabout configuration. More worrying because of this error the instructions try to force you to turn onto the northbound A90 when intending to continue travelling eastwards on the A972!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with your Perth findings. Unfortunately the data is provided by TeleAtlas and that is what Navman get. They don't have the means to alter the data but you could report it yourself to TeleAtlas using this link.

As to your Dundee query, my maps (SmartSTPro V2 for PocketPC show two roundabouts with a Service Station (Caird Park) in between them on the north eastern side of the A90 roundabout. Am I looking in the right place?
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've just programmed into my iCN 630 the intersection of the A90 & A929 in Dundee and it destinctly shows a double roundabout, and as Tim Buxton says a Service Station in between.

I've captured a Screenshot but I'm not sure how to post it on this forum Embarassed

Someone will have to tell me how to do it pleeeeez Exclamation

Regards

alfieB Thumbs Up

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie,

I think you have to host it on your own webspace and then link to it. If I could remember the password for my webspace, I'd give it a try!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfieB wrote:
I've captured a Screenshot but I'm not sure how to post it on this forum Embarassed
Someone will have to tell me how to do it pleeeeez Exclamation

Alfie, you need to host the image on your personal webspace and then link to it using the [IMG] tags.

If you aren't able to do this email it to me and I'll host it for you.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

I've managed to remember my website password and saved a picture to it, but I can't link to it in the forum. It's just saved to a page called 'pictures' and is the only picture there. Any hints?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to explicitly specify the path to the image within the image [img] and close image [/img] tags. i.e. http://www.mywebspace/images/image.jpg , so this URL would begin with [img]insert URL here[/img]

Example (right click the picture and select 'Properties' to see the URL)

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfieB wrote:
I've just programmed into my iCN 630 the intersection of the A90 & A929 in Dundee and it destinctly shows a double roundabout, and as Tim Buxton says a Service Station in between.

AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren
It's nice to know that there is somebody up there that can bail me out when I get stuck. Cheers!

Perhaps at sometime in the future I will be able to do it all on my own Laughing

Hi there EOBD

Hopefully the Screen Capture in the previous post is what you should be seeing when you programme your iCN to show the A90/ A927 in Dundee Question

Best wishes

alfieB Thumbs Up

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: