Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey handyman - did you have to take out a new log in for any specific reason? I think you should be honest and declare your interest rather that slag someone off without any specific reason for complaint, just a bunch of generalisations.
handyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a name I use on all forums..

Everything contained in that post (now removed) was the truth and was not a generalisation.

How would I know so much about the internal workings of spotlight guides.co.uk , its not like I made it up.

If the post was removed because of the links to spotlights other interests then I'm not sure how that is a legal thing. The whois database is open to all same as the reggistered company one. Any one is free to access these and find out the information??

Anyway I have Pm'd to find out the specific reasons my post was removed.

hm
handyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I have pm'd the mod that removed the post with no responce.

Is this forum subsidised by spotlight is that the reason for no responce and the post removal??

hm
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handyman wrote:
Will I have pm'd the mod that removed the post with no responce.

Is this forum subsidised by spotlight is that the reason for no responce and the post removal??

hm

The reason I didnt respond to your PM is that I have been away on business. You will shortly find my response PMd to you.
andrewh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently completed a transaction with Globalpositioningsystems.co.uk and must say I have been very impressed by the personal and dedicated service.

I live in Belgium and was making an order for over £500. Therefore they insisted on a bank transfer. I did this although some of the goods (TT for Palm BT) were out of stock. I made numerous phone calls and emails to track my order, always got a prompt response and was kept well informed of the delays (about which I knew before I ordered). When everything was in stock I was told that shipping would take 5 days. In fact the goods were sent on Wednesday late afternoon and I received them at 0900 on Friday (I had a great weekend Mr. Green )

Even when the customer service manager was off, I got a call from Tanya in finance to keep me informed. So, a big thank you to Lorna, Tanya, Paul, Louise and other nameless members of the team for a job well done and a happy customer.

Andrew
PeteCoventry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: I STRONGLY recommend this company to everyone Reply with quote

After years of using wayfinder i decided to take the plunge and go into the world of PDA GPS - after dealings with a burnt out bluetooth GPS reciever which GPS's handled like a dream i bought the Mio 168 from them.

Ordered it around 10pm on Wednesday - the order was dispatched at 12:58pm yesterday on 2-4 day free delivery but it was delivered as in next day and was delievered this morning at 7:20 by royal mail

totally impressed with the service and the user review system is invaluable - i was going to buy the navman Pin but it was purely on the strength of the reviews for the Mio 168 that i bought it - both the same price so no problems there

Install has been a breeze - just finished it and it took 40 mins from start to finish

well done to the Director of GPS's and his team for an A1 buying experience :o)
PeteCoventry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

test
louie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: GlobalPositioningSystems streets ahead!! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Bought a Sat-Nav bundle from globalpositioningsystems.co.uk over a year ago and it has been fantatsic, but as with all things electronic it now looks very dated!!

I had a good look around the web for a new system and wasn't suprised to see globalpositioningsystems.co.uk was still the cheapest online. (Nice new website Guys!!)

Spoke to their sales team and got some great advice from Alan (Certainly knows his stuff, thanks). I went for a Mitac Mio 168 with some Memory Map software and have upgraded my TomTom Nav 2 software, before the 1st December deadline, with TomTom. Now I can use my new device for hill walking as well as Sat-Nav. Fantastic!!

Order process kept me well informed with text messages direct to my phone, their service just keeps getting better. Brilliant service from a brilliant company. Best on the Web imho!!

Thanks Global, I look forward to purchasing more from you in the future :D :D
simonm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the forum and noticed this post,

I must say that Global positioning system are THE best online retailer I have ever dealt with. I ordered a Mitac 168, it was delivered next day as promised. Orderd other bits since then and service and speed has been exceptional. In fact the MITAC and GPsystems were so good that I got two of my mates to buy from them too.

gr8 company, well done.
shotton_axeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Happy newby Reply with quote

I'm completely new to GPS and found www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk through a google search.

I'm always a tad wary of buying through the web as there are sooooo many cowboys out there. Called their call centre first for some advice, got the reassurance I needed and placed my order as soon as I got off the phone via the web.

Within half an hour I had emails and text messages advising me that my order had been accepted and was being despatched, along with a royalmail tracking number.

Fast forward to 10:45 the next day and my posty had the Garmin Quest which I had ordered.

Great site, great staff and fantastic communication, I couldn't have asked for more from my first venture in to the world of GPS :D
edinburghkev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Navman 510 last night from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk last night and checked the order statis this morning at 9.00am and the item has already been dispatched Special Delivery. I should be getting it tomorrow. Fantastic value and fantastic delivery.

Kevin
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ordered my Mio 168 Nav 3 bundle the web site said it was out of stock but that advance orders were being accepted. Later the 'instock' date was updated to the 17 May. On Friday 13 (black Friday!!!) I was e-mailed (and texted as well as the online order tracking) to inform me that payment had been taken and that the package had been passed to dispatch & that I would recieve it on the 16th. It came by carrier (and was able to use carriers online tracking as e-mail had included the tracking code). Everything worked, well worth the 'setup charge'

WELL IMPRESSED with their service :D :D :D .

I have spoken to them about another product I'm interested in, phone answered by 4th ring by a very helpful guy.

Well done 'GPS', will recomend them without hesitation.

Blue Skies

LiveLifeGoJump

Quote:

If riding in a plane is flying then riding in a boat is swimming, if you want to experience the feeling
GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE
shotton_axeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a quickie to highlight the gr8 service I've had from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk AGAIN.

received a text yesterday morning to tell me the Fortuna Slim SiRF Star III had finally landed, placed my order at lunchtime and received it this morning whilst I was tucking into my Cornflakes! Paid the 9am charge, cos I'm kinda impatient, but worth it to get my hands on the latest and greatest!

As usual had emails and sms throughout the order process - great service :D
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have dealt with GlobalPositioningSystems for all my GPS requirements, and they have been more than helpful resolving a problem with a recent in-car navigation system.

I bought the system in March this year after reading good reviews of the product, but I was very dissatisfied with it from day 1.

While retailers are not obliged to accept returned software once opened, they have accepted the return and replaced it with a different system.

Top quality customer service, and in particular my thanks to Catherine Hinchcliffe for her unstinting efforts to get a positive solution for me.

I am one very happy GlobalPositioningSystems customer, and cannot recommend them enough.

Paul
krushy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: was bad - now good! Reply with quote

Just to let all know of my experience with GPS. I originally ordered a mio558, tomtom3, tomtom car kit package, costing about £525 (a good price). Unfortunatly the kit just didn't work very well (intermittently: dropped bluetooth sync, rubbish battery, always hanging up or dumping stored contents including tomtom software!!). I contacted GPS and spoke to a Tech manager. He was not very helpful and seemed to doubt my problems. After returning the PDA and other bits over a period of time, GPS decision was "nothing wrong with it" - hmm! I eventually gave up as I have been just to busy to progress. The kit lived in the car glovebox - never used. My opinion of GPS customer service - absolute rubbish, arrogant managers with no empathy for the "stiffed" customer.

During a period of "this thing must be working" testing I was unable to turn off the PDA, still sync problems etc but at least I had a "hard fault". Ah ha I thought that the at GPS get out of this one!! I called them ready for a good "Sales of Goods Act" type fight....
Called them, forever on hold as "normal".
Was informed that the technical manager would call back that evening - oh really!

Then a miracle happened - he called back!!
I suspect the Manager I spoke to is a new breed at GPS, his name is Duncan, he is a human being who knows that people have to work hard for money to buy things and that Customers pay the wages of organisations such as GPS.

He read my "notes" on their system, understood that this had been a long term problem and offered to "upgrade" my system. After discussion he even suggested that the new Tomtom Go700 might be an ideal solution for me (as I did not really use the additional functionality of a Pocket PC based nav system).

I am now currently waiting, like lots of other people for the "new batch" of Go700 to come into stock (i've done without a working system for so long, I'm not too bothered about a bit of a wait).

So I would like to congratulate Duncan for providing real service, a genuine interest in people's needs and problems and delivering a professional, friendly, informed "front end" to the previously very poor GPS customer service.

Customer service now - superb!!

Amazing how much differnence one person makes - note to GPS please put Duncan in charge of training your other Managers and staff 8)

I will keep the forum informed on how I get on once my Tomtom Go arrives (now feeling more confident that no further hiches will happen).

PS I have no affiliation with GPS other than being a very dissatisfied customer, now a very (to be) satisfied customer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: