Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 930 TMC traffic KPH
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 930 TMC traffic KPH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Go 930 TMC traffic KPH Reply with quote

Using TMC for traffic - I know, but it amuses me anyway- If hold ups are displayed, when I go to traffic settings in TT 930T and ask for traffic to be read out, it is reported in KPH instead of MPH. Unit is set up for miles. anyone got a suggestion as to how I can get Kate to read out in miles. Camera reports are in yards, planning is in miles. Version 810.1907 maps, Version 8.300 software.
TomTom are working on the problem but only feedback so far was to reset factory settings with TMC connected. This made no difference whatsoever apart from the fact that remote control would not work until unit had been in charging cradle and difficulty connecting with phone.

Duncan

go 1005
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing you can do to alter the traffic information page from KPH to MPH, if they tell you to reset the device or restore factory defaults then they either don't understand the question, or don't know what they are talking about.

This cannot be altered from any menu option on the device - it would take a new version of Navcore software to be released with this alteration coded into the application - don't hold your breath - Mike
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did suggest that resetting the device was pointless, even more so to do it with the TMC connected. It is one of these situations where they don't have a clue and are clutching at straws.

go 1005
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update on this issue.
Support have asked for the number from the label TMC fair enough, packers may in the box have put the wrong one in the box but can the TMC actually control the software on the device?
Other question was is it a USB or serial TMC - I would suggest it is neither but maybe this male to female connection is serial. Can't they tell from the TomTom model no?

Maybe they have a prize for the most pointless question they can ask in a week.
Duncan

go 1005
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncan, take a look at the plug on your RDS-TMC unit and compare it to the power lead that is used in the car, the plug on the end of the car charger is Mini-USB, if your RDS-TMC has the same type of connector as the power lead it is the newer mini USBstyle receiver. If it is nothing like the car charger plug, rather, it is round then its a serial device.

What bearing the type of receiver can have on how the software behaves with the receiver is plugged in is a new one on me - and they should be able to tell from the number what type the receiver actually is (although this isn't the issue, the problem is with the software) - Mike
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this myself today, unit is as my sig but just down graded too 8.204 firmware co's of lag issues.

For info my RDS was replaced by TT last month, so should be the correct one for UK. (oops did I just laugh)...Laughing Out Loud
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

PC Operating System: Windows 7
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mikealder

Thanks for your response.
unless they changed the fittings of the 930 at some stage, it can only be what they call serial. They know it is a 930 having sent it out as as a replacement for a 920
I also cant see what the TMC has to do with software. But maybe I am a bit thick !!! I could do their job better.
Support (joke not intended) are also not happy because I keep asking for updates every few days and when they fail to respond I phone their cust support manager.
Duncan

go 1005
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be better if they simply admit there is a bug or fault with the software and then work to resolve it in a future update IMHO.

Just so you know the difference between what these two receivers look like:

Left is the older "Serial" type and Right is the Mini-USB style newer receiver, the mini-USB style device connects to the power socket on the device, the power lead is then inserted to the receiver - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is no consolation to you but my 920T behaves exactly the same - all the average spped info on delays is in kph.

As far as I know this has appeared with 8.300 (and 8.203/4) as I don't recall this average speed info being there with 8.010.

I have a UK serial RDS-TMC.

Perhaps info from the HD Service is being fed back to ITIS for incorporation in to their data?

Andy
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been experimenting with the 530 on 8.3 and vieiwng traffic in the browse map feature.

With both the serial and USB TMC devices the delays are given in kph in text on the top information bar when looking at an incident.

On GPRS traffic the delays are not given on the top bar but in cartoon style bubble captions on the map in miles and minutes.
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the latest reply from Tomtom. I can live with this
Duncan

Quote:
our technical team have informed me there is currently an issue with the RDS-TMC receiver, our developers are currently working on an issue to resolve this and the fix will more than likely be included in the next application software. Unfortunately, I do not have any dates at the moment as to when this will be released but it should not be too long.

go 1005
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an update:
Quote:
We are aware of this and will release a new version of navcore this week. You will be offered this as a download through home.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Maybe it will fix the stutter and map refresh issues with 8.300 as well.....

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: