Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks mikealder, all favourites restored. Great when you know how!

He only knew 'cause I told him!!!!!

Very Happy Wink Very Happy
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to carl_the_cobbler as well. I saw the reply at the bottom of the page and missed yours. Sorry. Not intentional.
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all, my reward was beating Mr. Alder as that is a feat in itself!! Cool Laughing Cool
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just update my 520 to navcoew 8.30.

I have "Great Britain and ROI" version 8.10 maps. I don't have a map update subscription, I do have a one-off map update cert though.

Trouble is when I look at the upgrade maps screen, It says I have my GB&ROI v 8.10 map, but there is no new 8.15 map. Thre is a "United Kingdon and ROI" map though.

So how do I update the map without paying the £50 for the "UK" version?
golfdiesel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krelian wrote:
DinAlt wrote:
Just spoke to TomTom 1st line support and they're sending me instructions to reset to get the new map.

Hi Dinalt

as soon as you get them could you post them here as I have the same problem with my 720 purchased only 10 fays go.

thanks

I would like to know this as well, I got my 720 last saturday... It automatically started downloading a bunch of updates and there was a map included but no mention of the LMG. I have just emailed tomtom support and perhaps I will call them as well.
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my maps on my 720 to 8.15. Did the update to 8.300 yesterday.
All seemed to go OK; but now when I switch it on it just cycles between the tom tom Go opening screen (with sky, trees and sign post), then blank screen then TomTom on a black screen then the yellow screen with the progress bar at the bottom Crying or Very sad

I've pushed the reset bottom underneath - HELP!!
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't know about anyone else but i am finding the map view very jerky especially on junctions and really slows down .. Andy c1

Quote:
First trial, only two miles round the village, it was my immediate thought. Because of the way I downloaded I'm going to see if I can start it all over again and do it differently to see if it improves. Two miles is no trial of course.... DennisN

Perhaps the X20/X30 series are reaching their limit of feature ability due to limited memory... I popped some of my earlier backups on my Go 520 to take a look at the available spare memory with earlier apps...

Free Ram with Navcore 7.41... ver 715 map... 32.6Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.010... ver 715 map... 32.4Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.010... ver 720.803 map... 29Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.3... ver 720.803 map 18Mb...

Can't comment on the ver 8X maps I am afraid...

Alan.
bloater
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note alanji. I am going to Cornwall in a few weeks, so checked mine for a blocked A30. Nothing, all ok. Mine was updated with latest corrections, on the 815 map, at about 6pm this evening. Either your submitted correction is already around, or there is something suspicious going on.

I made your coordinates near a laybe or something, maybe a small junction, not far south of Trewint.

Anyway I asked it for a route from Falmouth (where I'm going) and Milton Keynes, and it had no issues with routing the A30 all the way till it joined the M5

Hope this helps.

[/quote]
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps the X20/X30 series are reaching their limit of feature ability due to limited memory... I popped some of my earlier backups on my Go 520 to take a look at the available spare memory with earlier apps...

Free Ram with Navcore 7.41... ver 715 map... 32.6Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.010... ver 715 map... 32.4Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.010... ver 720.803 map... 29Mb

Free Ram with Navcore 8.3... ver 720.803 map 18Mb...

Can't comment on the ver 8X maps I am afraid...

On a 920

Free Ram with Navcore 8.3... ver 815.2003 map 10.1Mb...

Last edited by carl_the_cobbler on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
furryfred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just logged in today and it loaded both the UK and Ireland map (v815.203) and application (8.300) to my 520

Only problem I can see is that when I use the computer voice for street names it seems that the software is locking up and it sounds as though she has a speech problem as she takes a lot of time to get the street name out. Similarly the voice commands for POIs that I have custom loaded.

Anyone else with this problem - if so please let me know how you dealt with it.

Also I tried changing the splash screen with one of the screens offered by Tom Tom but all I get is a blank screen. Any ideas?

(a very very nice, handsome and generous gentleman who is really rather modest, shy and retiring!)

They didn't make many like him - and now they've lost the mould!
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Not seeing new western europe map Reply with quote

I have same problem as Flinx on my Go 910. I have paid for the map update service and tonight was offered an 815 western europe map as an update when connected to Home. Home says its there, windows explorer says its there. but I can only have the Canaries, Guam or North America.
The downloaded map is 815.2023. The 910 is Running 7.162 software and I was not offered any new software from Home prior to or after downloading new Map. I Can put my old map back on as I backed up. But any body found the Solution to getting Western Europe back? I have reset my 910 to no avail. Old map has gone back on and works OK. I have notified TomTom

Alan

Last edited by alanlakes on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all

Not posted here for a while.

I have just updated my TT720 to 8.3. I have been offered the map update to 815. However TT would like some of my hard earned cash off me. They are offering me an update for £35.80, 50% discount and forcing me to pay for a years worth of updates for £35.80. Total of £71.60. Another way to look at it is that i get the updates for free.

Is there a way to get the update for £35.80 and not the next years worth of updates?

Pete
kingo110
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought my 530 10 days ago , when i connect to tomtom home it says my map is 3 quarters old , will i be getting the latest map under the latest map gaurantee, advice apreciated thanks
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furryfred wrote:

Only problem I can see is that when I use the computer voice for street names it seems that the software is locking up and it sounds as though she has a speech problem as she takes a lot of time to get the street name out.

Yes i noticed this too. I still have map v710 with NAV8.3

Pete
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar problems while trying to download 815 maps, but i had another curious problem as explained in my mail to TT.

Hi,
I recently took advantage of your quarterly map upgrade service on 03 Oct 2008 at a total cost of £49.95.

I currently have Western Europe V8.10 and now note that V8.15 is now available

However when I went to upgrade via TomTom Home V2.4.0.104.Not only was I unable an upgrade at no extra charge, I was also offered to take advantage of another map upgrade service and a lower rate than the original offer at £44.95.

Two questions come to mind,

1. Why have I not been upgraded free of charge as per the map upgrade service as this is my 1st use of the quarterly service.

2. Why am I being offered a cheaper deal than the original for,what is now an older map.

I have attached a copy of my original invoice.

Regards

Dave Adams
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

PC Operating System: Windows 7

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: