Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - conflict with poi's & speed camera icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

conflict with poi's & speed camera icons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the dot appears if you have too many points of interest categories loaded. Try deleting the points of interest and just loading the camera database files using poi loader. All should be well. If you want the other points of interest just keep the number of categories to a reasonable amount. I think it revolves around 257 categories as the limit, although I'm not entirely sure.

Some tests and other threads seem to suggest the magic number is 256 or 257 POI categories. Some models will refuse to show categories past number 256 and show grey blobs instead of icons. The 7xx series seems to show all the categories but only shows icons for the first 256 categories ...
Nick_Russell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: conflict with poi's & speed camera icons Reply with quote

Dunch wrote:
...database the camera icons show up only as grey dots.

I had exactly the same problem. I had lots of suggestions, returned unit to Garmin, telecons with Garmin support - I eventually solved it.

It was not a problem of too many POIs or duplicate file names it was the creation of POIs. See my last post in this thread.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

When I returned the unit to Garmin, they took off all my POIs and just installed camera POIs and all was OK. When I got unit back I put back my other POIs and got grey blobs aagin.

To solve it I recreated my other POIs using same version of POI Loader as I was using for camera database. So with me the problem was the grey blobs were caused by camera database being created with latest version of POI Loader and other POIs being created with an older version.
City Navigator Europe NT 2008. GarminPOI Loader 2.5.2
Dunch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice marksnsparks - you've solved the problem Clap Clap

Finally had some spare time to play around with the number of poi catagories I was loading - trimmed them down to a reasonable number (as suggested under 257) & all is now fixed I can see both POI & camera icons as they should be.

I initially didn't think this would be the cause as I have added loads of POI's in the past without any problem.

Thanks to all who chipped in. Cheers!
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Very Happy
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: