Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Heading data on PNA250T/POIWarner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Heading data on PNA250T/POIWarner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottMoffatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Heading data on PNA250T/POIWarner Reply with quote

Hi,
For the past few years I've been using this Medion PNA250T with POI-Warner to handle the camera alerts.

I really like this unit, because the voice commands are playback of decent 16-bit recordings - far more intelligible than synthesized speech.
I also like that imperial distances under 1/2 mile are given in Yards, not Feet.
The receiver is very sensitive too - it even gets a signal downstairs inside the house!

Also, with the aid of POI-Warner, I have customised the alert times and sounds for the different camera types.

It "would appear" that POI-Warner accepts heading data, because if you record a new camera location with it, the heading info is recorded.

In the absence of POI heading data, the "acceptance angle" setting for alerts relates the camera position to your current heading.
eg, the camera is within 35 degrees of your current heading, whether the camera as active for that direction or not.

So for example if I had heading data, a camera was active in the direction 270 degrees, I would only be alerted if my direction of travel was 270 +/-35 degrees.

I've had a look on both POI-Warner site and on this site in the past but haven't found anything definite about heading information, as this doesn't seem to be a very common hardware and software combination.

Currently, I use the ASC formatted (speed zoned complete) database, which does not have a heading data option.

Does anyone else use this combination, as I want to keep it - and it would be nice to reduce the number of un-necessary alerts!

Cheers,
Scotty.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: