Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just downloaded and installed HOME 2.4.0.104 and on the first Update I have got nothing new at all. Mind you, I did get the latest UK&ROI Map with the previous version, but no MapShare corrections.

Wll try again later and advise
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also just installed HOME 2.4.0.104 (previous was 2.4.0.94).
I was able to remove mapshare corrections and then reload them and it was much quicker than using HOME 2.3
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows (Vista) back ups Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
Regarding Windows Back-ups.

Could some kind soul please explain the series of commands needed to do this properly with Vista?
I have done copy-back ups before that I can never get to restore properly when needed.

Much obliged.

If you display the contents of the directories using Windows Explorer, you create a new folder on the drive where you want the backup stored, and give it an appropriate name. Then you can simply highlight all the files/folders on your TomTom, then drag & drop them to the new folder. Exactly the same as XP and previous versions of Windows.
ctv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom server error Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
I've tried last night and this morning to buy the latest Central and WE maps via this method using home 2.4 only to told that there is an error with the tomtom servers. Anyone else getting this?

I got this for a few days last week and it suddenly cleared itself on Saturday morning. It looks like the servers were busy so I would recommend trying it very late at night or early morning and it should go through.

Andy
Elastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo10 wrote:
Elastic wrote:
Whenever I use the Back icon on Home 2.4 the programme crashes.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem or knows how to resolve it.

I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Sad

TT just released an update for Home 2.4 ( V2.4.104 ) maybe worth trying that.

I've just downloaded the update and it appears to have resolved the problem..

Thanks for that...

Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
DennisN wrote:
I'm having a bit of TT trauma right now as my brand new 730 on its third day in use crashed with the same hands free problem as all my 720s and 920, so I'm not feeling too committed to TT right now! Evil or Very Mad

delete the gnsdata file, that should cure it
Andy

Hi Andy. It didn't cure it, I'm afraid, it came back again today - on its first day out after deleting gnsdata. Cleaning it out now to take back for a refund.

I'm satisfied there's something wrong with whatever makes it all work and will be trying to communicate that to TomTom. Handsfree was perfect with GO700. I didn't try it much with GO910 because the speaker was so poor - I kept the 700 and used that for handsfree. This problem came out with GOx20s, so I think they added something which conflicted with something else. I'm a total dumbo with programming, but isn't it right that two pieces of stuff trying to use the same resource will give problems? I imagine that the program code for handsfree was unchanged for the x20s, but something new (FM, MP3, whatever) gave a conflict which nobody noticed until we started getting the handsfree issue. I don't believe it's a "device going wrong" thing - I had it with 7 successive GO720s, a GO920 and now a GO730 - that's not the odd maverick, in my opinion. The fact that other people have had the same fault means it's not the way I break them either.

This problem happened with my 720s, before I got the 920T and started swapping the RDS-TMC gismo between them to try to get a decent service, so if it's to do with RDS-TMC, it's not necessarily with RDS-TMC connected and in use. When the 730 failed again today, I did have RDS-TMC connected, had sent and received several text messages and received and made several phone calls all via the 730.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Build 104 released Reply with quote

Just downloaded and installled build 104 of home, I;ve no idea what's new but I still cannot upgrade my maps, still getting an error message, will try later. Thanks to the posster above who replied to me.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
I have just duplicated richard345's actions in updating to Home version 2.4.0.104 and then trying to "Update my Go".

Nothing new downloaded and no Mapshare corrections available - the green icon at top right of the HOME screen indicates "Your map is up to date - 0 Map Share map corrections in use"

I got an email from TomTom support today confirming that they have been having technical problems with mapshare during the weekend. That is probably the reason for the "0 Map Share map corrections in use" issue. The adviced me to try again tomorrow.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:

I got an email from TomTom support today.....
They advised me to try again tomorrow.

My email was rather less hopeful....
Quote:
Please be informed that currently MapShare is unavailable.
You will be able to upload your MapShare correction but downloading will not be possible.
If you would like to be kept informed when MapShare will be available again please reply to this email.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember my new 920T with latest map guarantee but quoted £38.85 for latest map?

I rang TomTom (Thanks for the # Mike.)

Over the course of the day they have asked for and got:
1. first my receipt and latest map guarantee copies (fair enough)
2. A full description (screenshot) of the 'USE LATEST MAP GUARANTEE' default screen that tells me that my map is the latest - even though it isn't.
3. My TomTom serial number and device code (well, I suppose that was needed too.)

As yet, despite having a real crack at sorting it in the day - 3 phone calls - the UK customer service rep "Ben" tells me that he is awaiting a reply from "Admin" who are in Holland.

Oh well, let's see what happens tomorrow.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
the UK customer service rep "Ben" tells me that he is awaiting a reply from "Admin" who are in Holland.

I think you'll find they are all in Holland....

When I had to FAX my proof of purchase to them (before they realised you could email pictures!?) they assured me the machine was in the same office as they were, but it just happened to have a Dutch number....
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told by Joker Customer Services Joker to try Maphare later on this week.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there is a new version of home tonight.
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesP2008 wrote:
I see there is a new version of home tonight.

Indeed there is - downloading it now....

Let's see if THAT fixes it...
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

104 hasn't fixed it for me. Running TT version 8.010 on a 920T with maps v810. For whatever reason, Home's system information option reckons I'm running 7.481 and My Account on TTs web site hasn't realised I downloaded 810 maps last night under this new update scheme they run (£77 for my 920T over 2 quarters old incl. the 12 months updates).

If they don't know what I've already got in the 920T, I don't see much chance of them offering anything to add to it Crying or Very sad

What I've noticed is that if you start Home without the 920T connected, there's a button to get the latest mapshare data free. Plug in the 920T and the button vanishes Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 15 of 25

Jump to: