Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poster in a US forum reports that Support told them a patch for 2.4 will be released on Tuesday to 'fix' the issue with mapshares.

We'll see .................... Mad
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my 730T yesterday and have just updated my maps.

2 x map updates for Western & Central Europe £ 25.90
4 x Quarterly updates @ £ 12.95 per quarter £ 51.80

............................................................TOTAL: £ 77.70
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done upgrade! Worked 1st time! map Western Europe 7.20 upgraded to 8.10! Took 40mins to download (Tiscali 8mb 6.5mb actual) then took 40mins to install!

Upgrade Service £39.80
Map -75% Discount £19.90
Total £59.70

Well pleased! Get 4 map updates for under £60! Costs more for latest map! TT got this right! Cant wait to try lane guidance and see how iq routes work! Only issue no map share! But that seems to go offline at drop of a pin! Thanks Mike for the heads up on this! Was gonna get a map 2 weeks back! Held off on your advice! I'm sure i'm with many on here to say a big THANK YOU!
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

I have the same TT as you, although I was upgrading from 7.015 maps, but now have exactly the same setting as you, that is App 8.010, maps Western_europe v810.1907 yet when i try to turn on the ALG it says my map or map version is not compatible with Lane Guidance. Yet this was one of the reasons I upgraded as I have heard it worked fine.

Did your work or am I do something wrong to prevent ALG working?

Likewise, the IQ routing - does that work and should I be seeing a bar on the right hand side of the screen all the time, or just certain times?

Thanks

Andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
A poster in a US forum reports that Support told them a patch for 2.4 will be released on Tuesday to 'fix' the issue with mapshares.

So how is this fix going to restore all MY Mapshares that haven't been "accepted" by TomTom yet?

Home v2.4 has removed ALL my Mapshares.

I can restore a previous backup, but I've just done dozens of POI corrections in the last week or two since my last backup.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, apparently the support guy told the poster the 'fix' will allow for retrieving the mapshares. That's all I know at this point.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyyid wrote:
Mike

I have the same TT as you, although I was upgrading from 7.015 maps, but now have exactly the same setting as you, that is App 8.010, maps Western_europe v810.1907 yet when i try to turn on the ALG it says my map or map version is not compatible with Lane Guidance. Yet this was one of the reasons I upgraded as I have heard it worked fine.

Did your work or am I do something wrong to prevent ALG working?

Likewise, the IQ routing - does that work and should I be seeing a bar on the right hand side of the screen all the time, or just certain times?

Thanks

Andy

It all works! BUT when i tried it straight after install via operate my go i got the map not compatible message! then when i disconnected and tried a trial route (demo) lane guidance and iq worked! i know iq works as when u get the route it says iq route weekend! Try resetting your go! see if that works, maybe factory reset! but my unit works fine, gonna test tomorrow on propper route!
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!!
So glad you're pleased!!!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:

We'll see .................... Mad

Any chance of a link to that forum post, please?
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:

It all works! BUT when i tried it straight after install via operate my go i got the map not compatible message! then when i disconnected and tried a trial route (demo) lane guidance and iq worked! i know iq works as when u get the route it says iq route weekend! Try resetting your go! see if that works, maybe factory reset! but my unit works fine, gonna test tomorrow on propper route!

Apologies - tried a reset and cannot see anything, so did you have to go and activate ALG in the preferences menu or just use it anyway? Likewise, how did you get the demo to run since it's been ages since I've ever used the demo option?

Thanks
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
[
The same thing happened to me after installation. Through HOME it said that WE map 810 did not support ALG, however on a programmed and driven route with Lane Guidance 'Enabled' on TT, it seemed to work to a reasonable degree of accuracy, however.........

Hi there - how did you enable Lane Guidance - as when I do it, it still says it is not compatible with the maps - is this what your TT says?

Thanks

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are enabling the Lane Assist make sure you do this directly on the device and NOT while connected to Home running the TomTom in virtual mode via the PC.
If the device is running v8,010 software and a v810 map then it will work, note not all junctions are covered by the Lane Assist/ Reality view, on a recent trip to London I would say 10 to 15% of the junctions popped up with reality view, quite a few major junctions do nothing - Mike
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When you are enabling the Lane Assist make sure you do this directly on the device and NOT while connected to Home running the TomTom in virtual mode via the PC.
If the device is running v8,010 software and a v810 map then it will work, note not all junctions are covered by the Lane Assist/ Reality view, on a recent trip to London I would say 10 to 15% of the junctions popped up with reality view, quite a few major junctions do nothing - Mike

Hi Mike

When I am doing it on the device, it still says ALG is not compatible with these maps, but these are all the latest.

I think it is something to do with the fact I was running maps 7.05 since I bought the unit, but I have always upgraded the system to the latest version. Thus the system was running 8.010 system and 7.05 maps - and thus ALG was visible as an option but would not work.

I then paid for the updated maps yesterday, and downloaded, jumping from 7.05 to the latest Western Europe (£30 for map, £40 quid for the quarterly updates) but still ALG says it is not available due to map incompatability.

I have now, this morning, reverted back to software version 7.480, which then ignored the Europe may completey (it was on the system but not visible) and stuck me with the Canary Islands only.
I've now updated via Home to 7.481, and still the Euopean map is not vislble. Gotta love this...

What now? Any thoughts...?
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now doing a restore to a previous version via Home and will see what that brings. Why can this never be easy....?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it possible you had both the old AND new maps installed to the device? - if this is the case you would need to go to Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Map and select the newer map from the presented list.
To find out what map a device is using you tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box, a screen will appear listing the full version number of both the application and the active map - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 12 of 25

Jump to: