Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Could some kind person who has purchased the map update service with two minutes free time please do me a favour? Smile

Could you please log onto the TomTom website and in "MyTomTom" click on "My Orders". What is the order status of the "Map Update Service"? Mine still says "INPROCESS, Payment in Process". I am unsure whether this is because of some payment fault or whether payment is processed quarter at a time (Or similar).

Once I know that what I'm seeing isn't what I should be seeing I'll contact my bank incase they did not authorise it (For some odd reason) and TomTom to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks Very Happy
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order status says "COMPLETED, Paid", and shows the full amount.

But I did buy a new map, not just the updates.

What payment method did you use?
Samsung Galaxy S21
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VISA... It's a debit card, not that the payment ever asks if it is credit or debit though...
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid by credit card, and it was approved instantly. As yours was a debit card I wonder if they're waiting for the payment to clear.

I would keep checking the status, and if it doesn't show as completed over the next few days either ring TomTom on 0845 161 0009 or send an enquiry via the website.
Samsung Galaxy S21
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought................. but after I subscribed and downloaded my latest map yesterday, and yes I do think this is a great deal, I started wondering whether this will exclude me from any 'enhanced' maps that may come out post the 'x40' product launches.

If I read all the blurb correctly the maps on 'x40's will have IQ routing that is sensitive to within 5 minutes of the type of day i.e. you may be offered a different route in the middle of the day to one that would be offered during rush hour. At present IQ routing only differentiates between weekdays and weekends.

To be of greatest value IQ routing that recognises the time of day would seem to be the way to go in future so let's suppose that maps with this additional functionality become available for older models early in 2009 (let's refer to them as v9 for the purposes of this message)

Where do we stand then? Are we stuck with a years updates of v8 maps or would be be able to migrate to the v9 maps?

As I said just a thought.........................
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the whole idea that you get the latest map available for your device, therefore the way I read it is, if like you say "V9" maps become available and are available for your device you will get them. I can't see it being that sneaky to be fair.

The x40 maps, like the x30 ones, will maybe only be available for that device initially, and then when they are available further down the line you will get them.

You won't be stuck with years of updates either because you are not obliged to take the subscription this time next year, and if it has been split beween "v9" and v8 maps then the majority would go down the v9 route and renew their subscription to that new set of maps.

I just think it is latest map subscription for your current device, which should work really well!

Cheers

Carl
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting advice from TT Support

TTS
Quote:
you have to pay the full price for the year and then will get 3 additional free updates after that.

Me
Quote:
As my map was new last week, will I get the first update in 3 months (or whenever the end of the next quarter is) then 3 more, or will I get one immediately, which will have little or no change?

TTS
Quote:
You won't get one now as you already have the latest map. My recommendation would be to wait until we release a new version of the map again before subscribing to the new map service

Does anyone think that makes any sense? If i wait until the next release then subscribe, won't I be in the same position as I am now, or am I reading his advice wrong?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, makes no sense but I suspect that is more to do with CS not being fully conversant with the new service yet. Indeed my enquiries of TomTom suggest that few of them fully understand it yet, even those who created it!
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren, latest reply from CS
Quote:
No you won't, because now you already have the latest map now. If you wait until the next release then you will get the latest map at that time (that's when your year will begin) and you will then get a further 3 updates.

If you subscribe now, then your year begins now and you won't even get the first update until you are a few months into the subscription so you're wasting the time on nothing. So potentialy you may lose out on one update. I hope that this is clear.

carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the latest map now it does make sense to me
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
Thanks Darren, latest reply from CS
Quote:
... snip ... I hope that this is clear.
Definitely a NO.

From the OP, if the Map is less than 3 months then you pay nothing, except for the future update path. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren, I had thought that I would have to buy the next release AND the updates on top. CS just told me that the price will include the updates so at last I'm clear about it.
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
I paid by credit card, and it was approved instantly. As yours was a debit card I wonder if they're waiting for the payment to clear.

I would keep checking the status, and if it doesn't show as completed over the next few days either ring TomTom on 0845 161 0009 or send an enquiry via the website.

Just telephoned my bank in the first instance and have been told that there are sufficient funds in the account to clear the payment and the money has been cleared yet the the money has not actually been debited from the account yet. The advisor told me that this means the bank have released the funds and although delayed TomTom should receive the money no later than by tomorrow... I'll ring the bank tomorrow and confirm that the money has not only cleared but left my account, and if everything is fine on that end I'll have to contact TomTom if my order status still hasn't been updated.

Thank you very much for having helped earlier... Knowing what status a completed payment should display as was very useful in knowing if my order was going as planned or not. Thanks Very Happy
theonlyone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: One XL v1 map update Reply with quote

I have just bought a TT1 XL V1 from Amazon. It was the UK version but came with WE map on SD card and TMC aerial. (App 7.162 amp WE map v720.1803).

On connecting in to Home 2.3, it offered me a map update to v710 - surely this is an earlier map?

I then upgraded Home to 2.4 and tried the latest map guarantee - it tells me that 'the map is not eligible for latest map guarantee' (or similar)

Can anyone please shed light on these 2 issues?

Many thanks,
baldock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ask this But I have checked through the tread and cannot find an answer ..
Just purchased a GO530 , loaded Home etc etc , tomtom told me my maps were out of date and I need to pay for the upgrade service.OK no problems .. until I go to pay for it..I do not have a VISA card in any form just a boring old Natwest Maestro !! any suggestions on how I can get round this without having to find a friend with a visa type card

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 7 of 25

Jump to: