Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
First post updated. The discount table was subject to a last minute change.

I have now updated the opening post with the latest discount table.

Are you sure that's right, Darren?

The amended table says if current map is under 3 months old the new map is free. I bought UK & RoI v805 on 29 June, so it's less than 3 months old, and I got the 85% discount. I wouldn't have expected to get it free, since it was £49.95 until yesterday!

I agree with everyone else - it's a great deal. Well done TomTom!
Samsung Galaxy S21
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info... I think I'll give MapShare a go then... Afterall I can always stop using it if necessary. Would be good if we could get some official word on this though - Does an ongoing quarterly subscription to TomTom map updates maintain a subscription to MapShare? Anyway to get the word on this? I've noticed before that some moderators seem to get answers (Don't know if they have some form of instant access to TomTom support?! Or should I contact them myself?).

It seems alot of people have now bought into the new TomTom package... Can anybody confirm whether they received an email from TomTom or not? I've not got one (And never have had an email from TomTom) and I'm getting worried that my transaction may have not worked for whatever reason.

Cheers.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielBrookes wrote:
Can anybody confirm whether they received an email from TomTom or not? I've not got one (And never have had an email from TomTom) and I'm getting worried that my transaction may have not worked for whatever reason.
I received 2 emails from TT.

The first said that my payment had been authorised, and the second had the Invoice attached.

If you have been able to download the New Map, I wouldn't be too worried. You wouldn't get that far unless the transaction had been authorised.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
Are you sure that's right, Darren?

The amended table says if current map is under 3 months old the new map is free. I bought UK & RoI v805 on 29 June, so it's less than 3 months old, and I got the 85% discount. I wouldn't have expected to get it free, since it was £49.95 until yesterday!

I agree with everyone else - it's a great deal. Well done TomTom!

That's the information provided to me by Tomtom. I have requested clarification on another anomaly in this and will query them on this issue when they respond.
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DanielBrookes wrote:
Can anybody confirm whether they received an email from TomTom or not? I've not got one (And never have had an email from TomTom) and I'm getting worried that my transaction may have not worked for whatever reason.
I received 2 emails from TT.

The first said that my payment had been authorised, and the second had the Invoice attached.

If you have been able to download the New Map, I wouldn't be too worried. You wouldn't get that far unless the transaction had been authorised.

I already have the latest map and so only paid for future updates... Therefore I have nothing to show for my money yet... That's fine - Just want to know that I'm all "signed up" ready for when there *are* new downloads.

When I log into my TomTom on their website the status of the order is "INPROCESS, Payment in Process"... I'd have expected my payment to have cleared immediately? I'll give it a few days and if this status doesn't change then I'll get in touch with TomTom; I'm sure it will be only something minor.. If anything at all!

Thanks for the info, at least I now know what to look out for Smile

Cheers.
mattstachurski
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticed traffic subscription stops working after all these updates? mine no longer works. Sad everything else is fine after update.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get any MapShare updates after installing the latest TomTom Home?

I have tried all the different trust levels but Home still tells me there are no MapShare updates and no map corrections are being in use. Could be linked to the fact that I cannot select country in the Mapshare Preferences menu. I recall seeing this behaviour a few times with Home 2.3, but it was always temporary. Why can't they fix all these bugs in the software?
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I got quite a large file 0.7mb (large in comparison to normal anyway) earlier this evening, this was after installing new version of HOME yesterday. I have a V8.10 map.

Cheers

Carl
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Hello,

I got quite a large file 0.7mb (large in comparison to normal anyway) earlier this evening, this was after installing new version of HOME yesterday. I have a V8.10 map.

Cheers

Carl

So, maybe there's some hope that it will start working again. I'm just wondering if the problem selecting countries in MapShare preferences can be linked to problems with the MapShare server or if it's simply a SW bug that comes and goes. I can't be the only one seeing this happening, right?
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, I have changed nor chosen any preferences within the new HOME. Maybe if you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, and just run it and see what happens.

Cheers

Carl
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Just to add, I have changed nor chosen any preferences within the new HOME. Maybe if you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, and just run it and see what happens.

Cheers

Carl

Nope, still no luck. Reinstalled Home, but there are still no MapShare updates available and still no countries to select from in MapShare preferences. I will try again tomorrow. As I said earlier, I suspect this behaviour is linked to some instability on the server side, as I have seen it happening before with Home 2.3.

Would be interesting to hear if someone has managed to get any map corrections this evening.
Spacer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem. Can't get any mapshare downloads with 2.4 home with the new maps. No countries showing in the options either.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapshare has just worked for me with HOME 2.4 I had to download the latest MapShare Status add-intht was offered, however, it's not now showing how many update I have.

I'll try again tomorrow.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't working earlier this evening, but I have just downloaded a 0.5MB Mapshare update to a new map I downloaded at tea time
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
odonoghue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I have got map share working fine on home 2.4, I cannot get it to upgrade my map from 7.20 to 7.25 and take a 12 month subscription for future updates as this will only cost me £24.75p it will however let me buy a map version 7.25 for £39.95 without the twelve month updates has anyone been able to buy the updates with the discount yet I have uninstalled home and re-installed it to no avail, any help would be appreciated.

Tomtom one 3rd edition
map version 7.20 uk and ireland
application 8.011

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

Jump to: