Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help opening TTN2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help opening TTN2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CakeMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Help opening TTN2 Reply with quote

Hi, could anyone help please?

Have just bought HP2210 & Fortuna Clip-on, and installed TTN2. Everything worked first time (to my surprise), but now I get this daft problem: I shut the program down (or am I just minimising it?), turn off the PDA, then when I next come to use TTN, it just won't open! It's almost like it's already open, but minimised in the background somewhere!

The only way to get it to open again is to do a soft reset, then it works fine again, until the next time.

At least I can get it to work, but surely I shouldn't need to got through that procedure every time?!

Would be very greatful if someone could advise me, I expect I'm just doing something stupid!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the standard behaviour of Pocket PC OS is to minimize programs rather than close them. You can either use the start...settings...system..memory...running programs...activate path (which is rather lengthy) or you could install one of the task managers that really close programs. Much better for your RAM balance ;-)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
LittleErn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:| Or - so I'm told - you can configure the iTask button to close all programs and use it before switching off the PPC. It does close the programs running in memory so should then allow Tom-Tom to restart normally (assuming this is the problem).

Go into settings/system/iTask settings - then set label to 1:iTask, Icon to iTask, menu item to 0: Close all tasks (use the "replace with" drop down menu to do this) then "apply". then OK

You have to have exited Tom-Tom first then you can press the bottom right button - this should give you a small window at the bottom right with various icons. at the bottom left there is an iTask icon click on this to close running programs.

I'd appreciate knowing if this works for you. Or if you found a better way.
CakeMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Actually I've installed SBP PocketPlus, which can be configured so that when you close a program, it actually does close it! If you just want to minimise the window you can do this too, holding the stylus down brings up a menu to select several options. I've got on well with the program, has solved the ttn 2 problem and it's usefull for other things too.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: