Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New downloaded database not recognised
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New downloaded database not recognised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tc88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: New downloaded database not recognised Reply with quote

I have just downloaded a new speed camera database file and loaded it to my PDA and it is not being recognised. To check I reloaded my old file and everything is OK, any ideas please.

PDA: Mio P550
Satnav Software: Mapfactor v.7.2.41
Database files: old: speedcam0801.mca (works OK) new: speedcam.mca (no good)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one able to help this guy out?

I know nothing about Mios, so all I can suggest is to try downloading again?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a link in the Mio forum asking if any Mio users can assist.
tc88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate those that have tried to help, however, how do I actually contact the people that took my money when subscribing to pocketgpsworld.com. There has only been one updated database this year for the Mapfactor satnav software I run on the Mio and I cant get that to work. The only backup seems to come from the assistance of people on this forum whom I assume are unpaid.
Not exactly good value so far, I doubt I will be re-subscribing. Mad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tc88 wrote:
I appreciate those that have tried to help, however, how do I actually contact the people that took my money when subscribing to pocketgpsworld.com.

There is a Contact PocketGPS link on the left of every page on this site. You can also send an email to subscriptions AT pocketgpsworld.com .
Quote:
There has only been one updated database this year for the Mapfactor satnav software I run on the Mio and I cant get that to work. The only backup seems to come from the assistance of people on this forum whom I assume are unpaid.
Not exactly good value so far, I doubt I will be re-subscribing. Mad

The database is updated as a minimum once per month and most often twice. Looking at your account I see you have downloaded in Mar, May, Jun & Sept and each were different releases so I'm not sure why you think there has been only one.

I don't have a Mio myself but will endeavour to find out why the latest release is an issue. Have you tried re-downloading the database?

This website is based around forum based support. With a quarter of a million members it would be near impossible to do otherwise, there are only four of us after all! Your software is not widely used hence the lack of support, for other products you would have had a solution within minutes.
tc88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

There is a Contact PocketGPS link on the left of every page on this site. You can also send an email to subscriptions AT pocketgpsworld.com .

I accept your point and I should have looked further, my mistake was clicking on 'Database Help' and expecting a more obvious email link. Embarassed

Darren wrote:
The database is updated as a minimum once per month and most often twice. Looking at your account I see you have downloaded in Mar, May, Jun & Sept and each were different releases so I'm not sure why you think there has been only one.

I did download when you said but once extracted the files had the same name 'speedcam0801.mca' on each occasion except Sept which was 'speedcam.mca', I think I can be excused in assuming the May and June content was the same as the Mar download. The Sept download is the one that doesn't work.
Also on the Database Camera page this is written:
'The Garmin GPSR is now up to date (3.22pm, 15 Sep 08)
The NavigationMaster database is currently 5.113 (13th Nov 07)
The MapFactor/Directions database is currently 5.124 (18th Dec 07)'
, to me this suggests there has been only one usable download this year. The only file that Mapfactor uses is the one with '.mca' extension, all the others superfluous.

Darren wrote:
Have you tried re-downloading the database?

I will try again and post the result.

Darren wrote:
Your software is not widely used hence the lack of support, for other products you would have had a solution within minutes.

This is becoming obvious to me now and I will have to consider changing to more popular software or buying a dedicated satnav system.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My apologies, our database is converted by the manufacturer into the specific format, our database admin is away on holiday so I am unable to answer the specifics about versions and releases.

However, given the issues you have experienced I'm happy to offer you a 12mth extension to your current subscription free of charge, you can then use that with any other supported system you may subsequently purchase?

I can re-assure you that for the mainstream product lines we are able to be very much more proactive with support on all issues!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: