Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Voice Utility Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Voice Utility Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash10 MIA Reply with quote

NIKO-007 wrote:
Does anyone have the heads up.. is he on vacation with all the money that he is making? he's probably on a beach somewhere, hopefully with a laptop though!

Hardly - just having a "fun" weekend recovering from a disk crash, all sorted now though... Wink
BoneMan1946
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Anyone else getting virus warnings on downloading from Ash10's links? My company system (Trend Office Protect) is saying there's a virus (PAK_GENERIC.001) in both of those files Sad. I strongly suspect it's a false positive - but I just thought to give you a heads-up Wink.

Regards,

Ray.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneMan1946 wrote:
Anyone else getting virus warnings on downloading from Ash10's links? My company system (Trend Office Protect) is saying there's a virus (PAK_GENERIC.001) in both of those files Sad.

I strongly suspect it's a false positive - but I just thought to give you a heads-up Wink.

Both programs are packed/compressed, so some AV products may flag them up as suspect (because they can't scan the executable code inside).

Rest assured, they're both clean... Wink
NIKO-007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Cheers ash Reply with quote

Thanks again for the util ash..

Boneman I Had a D.E.P warning in windows when I downed the util which of course is baloney, vista is a paranoid os though and tries to protect the "joey" user even though I have turned off most of the user crippling stuff.
geoomatic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Problem joining wav files Reply with quote

Hello All

At first thank Ash10 for this great utility

I downloaded Ash10 voice utility V1.2 today from the link offered by Ash, when i want to join the wave files i face with "This version my have expired-please check for a new version". what's the problem ?????? it seems that i have the last version !!! Crying or Very sad
DougM38
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great utility, thanks Ash, I'll hit the PayPal button in a moment...

One question--I split all the files from the English-American vpm (1094Kb) and replaced the Lost Satellite Reception wav file with one from the Deutsch vpm, then joined them all back, and the resulting vpm is now only 925Kb. The Deutsch wav file is actually 2Kb larger than the English one I replaced, but why is the final vpm so much smaller? What was "lost in translation"? Thanks.
Squirly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Voice Utility. When I put my .vpm it won't let me split without picking an output Sound Desitination. It won't let me pick a sound destination or type in an address. Error is: No Destination Sound Samples have been Specified. Any help????????
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I downloaded the Voice Utility. When I put my .vpm it won't let me split without picking an output Sound Desitination. It won't let me pick a sound destination or type in an address. Error is: No Destination Sound Samples have been Specified. Any help????????

Hi and welcome. This has already been answered above.

Quote:
You simply haven't told it where to save the files in the bottom box. You need to select the file to split in the top box, tell it where to save the files and with what filename, in the bottom one and then press Split.

To the right of the bottom box, click on the the "..." button and select a directory and type in a name for the files to be saved as. Then click "Open". This will return you to the main screen. Now you click "Split"
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Changing Voice Commands Reply with quote

Okay, I give up. I have read every page 5 times over and I admit defeat. I have a Streetpilot i3. I have a Micro SD card and have opened it using Ash's tool. I found the Recalculating code, 084, and deleted it, it's just annoying and I don't want any noise on that, have you driven on the M1/M18 with your satnav. The new road around Leeds repeats recalculating constantly for about 15 minutes.
Anyway after deleting the sound I tried to rejoin it. Failed, it would not happen and now the British voice file (VPM) has disappeared completely. As I did not change languages on the actual model I still have the voice there.
Bizarrely, to me anyway, I checked the file on the computer and the Recalculating file has reappeared. I have rejoined the British file, overwriting the Swedish voice, but I left Recalculating in and I have also not changed languages to update as I am afraid what might happen.
I do not see how you can change the file and clearly it is not a good idea to just delete a single voice command.
Can anyone help, in getting rid of my Recalculate and how to replace a file properly rather than just deleting. There are lots of posts saying "Yes I've done" it but no simple description of how to actually change a command once the file is opened. Of course, maybe my version cannot be changed.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have thought you would need to create a 'silent' file to REPLACE the recalculating file with as opposed to just deleting it?

i've not used the software so i cant comment any further...

MaFt
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Voice Commands Reply with quote

The key question there is how to create a Silent file and how do you then replace the old one with the new?
I don't mind replacing the old file with a simple noise, people talk about bongs. I can lift a file from one of the other commands. It is how to replace one with the other that I am struggling with.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Commands Reply with quote

Harvey1512 wrote:
The key question there is how to create a Silent file and how do you then replace the old one with the new?

On a standard i3, the last half-dozen or so samples are blank - from memory, they're 316 bytes in length.

If you want to make sample 084 silent - delete the ...084 file, then copy one of the last samples and rename it as ...084 Wink
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Voice Command Reply with quote

Spot on about those end files but it is the next stage I am having problems with. When I go to copy the end file, lets say line 130, it asks me where to put it. What do I do then and how do I get it to replace line 084?
I am sorry if this is obvious but I cannot work it out. I am familiar with computers but the usual tricks to replace a file is not working in this instance.
Harvey1512
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Voice Command Reply with quote

Ignore the last reply. I deleted file 084 and renamed one of the silent files. As I no longer have a section for the English-British voice, I tried to JOIN using the Swedish voice. I entered that in the bottom box of your tool but when I popped my card back in the i3 it had disappeared as an option. I did the same for Suomi and the same thing happened.
Is there any way of either restoring the English - British vpm file so that I can JOIN back to the correct place or can I overwrite another language without removing it as an option. On both occasions by the way it says JOIN has been successful.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Command Reply with quote

Harvey1512 wrote:
Ignore the last reply. I deleted file 084 and renamed one of the silent files. As I no longer have a section for the English-British voice, I tried to JOIN using the Swedish voice. I entered that in the bottom box of your tool but when I popped my card back in the i3 it had disappeared as an option. I did the same for Suomi and the same thing happened.

You need to *copy* a blank/silent file, not rename it - by renaming it you're left a file short.

Voice Utility will happily repack the voice for you, but your Garmin can't find the missing sample and declares the voice as corrupt - and removes it from the language menu...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: