Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - update maps on garmin streetpilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

update maps on garmin streetpilot i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: update maps on garmin streetpilot i3 Reply with quote

hi all

sorry if this is a rather stupid question but can anybody give me a blow by blow guide to updating my maps on a garmin streetpilot i3 ?

i've searched high and low but can find virtually no information on how to do it

thanks in advance
portly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, confusing isn't it. Load your new maps to PC. In all programs, open the Garmin folder and click on Map Source. It should open with something like Untitled Map Source. On the toolbar ( Second row down ) extreme left, you will have a drop down box. Make sure that your new Map issue is showing here. ( Ah, from memory you may well have had to put your map unlock code in prior to this. ) Towards middle right, you will see some icons including a Zoom, a Hand, and a Flag. Click on the left most. This is the Map Tool. You can now select the individual maps that you want to transfer/ update on to your Sat Nav unit. I only use the UK, so selected all of those. They turn pink when selected. Connect your unit to your PC, and click on the Trasfer menu. This offers you the choice to send to "Send to Device". Don't stop it until it advises completion. Hope this helps.
funboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

thanks for taking the time to reply. Just a few questions though...where do i get the unlock key from ? and where do i download maps from ?

thanks
portly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to order update map discs from Garmin. You have to register you product with them first, in order to establish that you are entitled to receive them. When they arrive you then have to purchase unlock codes, unless you are entitled to a free update. Be warned, as far as I have been able to establish, your updates are for all of Western Europe only. If like me, you only want UK maps, this is a relatively very expensive business. Like $75 a go. Yes I did mean $.

Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: