Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin 2610
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin 2610

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebeluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: garmin 2610 Reply with quote

hi need help, i have loaded new maps uk and europ on 2610, i have loaded cam data base, BUT when i down load to garmin unit it makes garmin go to base maps and not street level been on it most of the day and night ???????? you can see all data from cams
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

OK first of all can you tell us what maps you had and what maps you loaded. Something like City Navigator NT Europe 2008...

How where they provided? DVD, SD Card etc....
rebeluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Hi and welcome.

OK first of all can you tell us what maps you had and what maps you loaded. Something like City Navigator NT Europe 2008...

How where they provided? DVD, SD Card etc....

hi paul, i have the 2008 maps from a dvd, which i have had on some weeks now without any problms on my gps, i have down loaded 191 maps i.e uk and part of europ on a 2 mg card... which again i reloaded last night as i went to bed, all ok this morning and at street level but if i try to d/l safty cam on to the unit it will go back to base maps,,,,, so i must assum it is deleating the the maps ???? i must be doing something wronge or am i wasting my time ? very disapointed at the moment, thxs fred,,,,,,,,,,,,,, also added to this on my find / recents on unit after d/l s/cam only 4 symbals show up on find mode and not 15
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so without the Safety Cam it works ok but with the Safety Cams it only allows Base Map? Is that correct?

Which Safety Cam Database are you downloading? It should be the GPRS Overlay for the 2610.
rebeluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
OK so without the Safety Cam it works ok but with the Safety Cams it only allows Base Map? Is that correct?

Which Safety Cam Database are you downloading? It should be the GPRS Overlay for the 2610.

yes with safty cam it go to base maps,,,,, and yes it is overlay uk/intl 6.073
WiRED
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the trick is, you need to select the Safety Camera maps you want with the selection tool, and then, switch to City Navigator and select the CN maps you want. Only when you've done both should you download them to the device. The process is explained in more detail here http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/walterwright/installation.html, in section 2.

Hope this helps.

/WiRED
rebeluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiRED wrote:
Ok, the trick is, you need to select the Safety Camera maps you want with the selection tool, and then, switch to City Navigator and select the CN maps you want. Only when you've done both should you download them to the device. The process is explained in more detail here http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/walterwright/installation.html, in section 2.

Hope this helps.

/WiRED

HI I HAVE DONE IT, GARMIN SEEMS TO BE VERY TIME CONSUMING, STILL HERE GO'S.
1, DOWNLOAD LATEST SOFTWARE FROM MAP SOURCE.

2, REMOVE SD CARD FROM UNIT AND FORMAT AND REFIT.

3, PICK YOUR MAPS WITH THE MAP SOURCE TOOL YOU WISH TO LOAD TO YOUR SD CARD….. AND THEN ZOOM IN TO I.E. DOVER AREA AT ABOUT 50 MILES SCALE.

4, NOW GO TO OVERLAY MAPS ON DROP DOWN LIST AND SELECT ALL MAPS WITH MAP TOOL AS ABOVE KEEP ON ZOOMING DOWN TO IT MATCHES THE I.E. DOVER AREA AT 50 MILE SCALE AND THEN LOOK AT THE MAPS YOU HAVE SELECTED AND THEY SHOULD MATCH.

5, NOW TRANSFER MAPS FIRST TO GARMIN UNIT, AND WHEN ALL LOADED CLICK ON LIST DROPDOWN AND TRANSFER OVERLAY MAPS TO UNIT, NOTE SOME TIMES GARMIN UNIT WILL HAVE A GLITCH AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THE HOLE PROCESS AGAIN, DON’T FORGET TO FORMAT IF IT IS A FAILURE, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I HAVE FOUND TO DO IT.
THXS FRED REBEL
WiRED
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Glad you got it working.

You don't actually need to remove the card from the unit - Mapsource will download directly to the device and overwrite any maps that are already on the card. This process takes more time however, but I usually set it going then go and do something else for half an hour.

/WiRED

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: