Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and you have installed the 3.02 GPS upgrade for the 2210s ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...and you have installed the 3.02 GPS upgrade for the 2210s ?

Yes i have... and taken it out again to see if it made any difference...
I might try a hard reset and re install grrrrr...
davedoubledecks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I ordered tomtom3 from the tomtom website and stated that I had ipaq 2210. When it arrived and installed it I found it was version 3.01 (409). So far i've had no lockups so I can't understand why tomtom would send me version 3.01 as there are problems with ipaq 2210.
Strange
Dave
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest information on this problem at the time of writing is in this post.

All the Navigator 3 GB upgrade packs appear to contain Navigator 3.01 - that is, I guess, all the fulfillment house has to send out, and they're unlikely to take any note of comments about the equipment you have.

Supposedly, when you team Navigator 3.01 with GPS 3.02 (available from the TomTom Support site), there's no longer any problem with Bluetooth GPS on the 2210. The problem apparently only affects Bluetooth GPS users. However, it seems that, unfortunately, there are still problems with those using GPS 3.02, Navigator 3.01, a Bluetooth GPS and an iPAQ 2210.

Have a read of my long post, and consider contacting TomTom Support if you hit problems. Meanwhile, if you don't hit problems, don't worry about it!

David
mat-ster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

First post Smile

Well I have installed the TT3 upgrade onto my HP iPAQ 2210 Pocket PC (1.00) with Integral 128mb SD card (A0310NB made in China) HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58, prior to installation I removed all the TT2 programs.......

Updated to the new 3.02 - went on a journey all was OK - then a frame freeze... B4 I arrived at my destination I performed a hardware re-set, everthing appeared normal.

Went on a short jouney to to put fuel in - Same kind o Lockup - signal from GPS did not appear to be connecting...

Without gettin all " off" about it I have simply un-intalled and put back TT2 - for which I have not had no kind of lockups at all.

(BTW - I find the quickest way to connect to my EMTAC CRUX II/BTGP Model D1598 is to (1) switch Emtac on, (2) Turn BT on (PC), (3) select BT Manager, (4) Connect >< green arrows, close BT Manager screen, (5) Open TT2 Navigator) - Never fails me.

Back to Topic - I think I will wait untill TT release a REAL fix! 3.03 perhaps

I do not think they know what the problem is Quite yet?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code on your SD card sounds like Sandisk (are you sure there's not a letter missing from what you posted - usually Sandisk codes are two letters, four numbers and two letters) - albeit the later and slightly better "N" technology code type.

As I've posted already, there does still seem to be a problem with Navigator 3 on the iPAQ 2210 when using Bluetooth GPS. However, your Sandisk SD card is probably not helping any; I suspect your route planning performance in Navigator 2 is worse than it should be as a result.

I suggest you consider a new non-Sandisk SD card.

David
mat-ster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted David Smile

My mistake in fact the SD is AK0310NB CHINA never had any problems with it!
dazednotconfused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: [b]TTN3 doesn't recognise Worksop!![/b] Reply with quote

Just received TTN3 as part of the efficient upgrade program...The software maps don't recognise my home town...anyone experienced a similar problem? Should I re-install the maps onto the CF card? I use an HP 2210 with the Tomtom GPS hardwired into my car and as far as I can tell the TTN3 is versio 3.0
dazednotconfused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: ooops wrong software version! Reply with quote

er..further to my query above...I have 3.01 (409) thanks...
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this thread for places missing from the database, and this thread for how the database lookup works and why it's really no great problem having a particular town missing (as Navigator 3 doesn't really make that good use of the town when looking up addresses anyway).

David
dazednotconfused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Fit for purpose?? Reply with quote

Thanks DavidW for your help...I am an experienced and avid fan of TTN2 with 50K miles per year driven to all sorts of obscure locations and it seems to me that TTN3 is not fit for the purpose for which it is intended! I seem to recall this is exactly what is covered by the UK Sale of Goods Act 19whatever....If I bought a car from a dealership and they told me it had 4 wheels, would you drive away in Robin Reliant !! I will be complaining to Tomtom and in the meantime reverting back to TTN2!

Worksop is not visible and an address in Worksop can only be found by looking up Carlton in Lindrick about 6 miles away! If I was trying to find a place in bonny Scotland or whatever, how would I find it with no local knowledge??

Signed

Disgruntled Disappointed DazedNotConfused!
neiltm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just updated to tomtom 3.01 (409)along with the 3.02 (414/406)update for TomTom GPS for Pocket PC downloaded from the TomTom website.

Previously with Tomtom 2 I didnt have any dropout problems with the bluetooth link but I now get them all the time - ranging from between a second and several minutes.

Ive just tried deleting the 3.02 GPS software along with the "Tomtom wireless device" from the bluetooth manager. I then reinstalled the 3.02 GPS software, then setup the bluetooth connection using the Tomtom wizard. Been running it for an hour with no dropouts!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fit for purpose?? Reply with quote

dazednotconfused wrote:
I seem to recall this is exactly what is covered by the UK Sale of Goods Act 19whatever

1979 - though I wouldn't get too hung up on precisely which law you're using. Arguably the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 is more relevant, particularly when dealing with a company in another EU state but not the UK. Those regulations transpose an EU directive into UK law.

I'm not a lawyer, by the way.

dazednotconfused wrote:
I will be complaining to Tomtom and in the meantime reverting back to TTN2!

I wrote the 'open letter' for a reason! I haven't had anything further from TomTom yet - if I do, it'll go in the 'open letter' thread.

David
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in another thread, I had a complete nightmare with TTN 3.01 and an iPAQ 2210. It would lock, freeze, fail to display maps and generally turn a normally responsive 2210 into a dog.

However, I now have it running quite smoothly. How? I hear you ask. I have removed the 2Gb CF Microdrive from the iPAQ and TTN 3.01 now works fine.

Q: Is there an issue with 2210 and CF or TTN3.01 and CF.

Maybe it is the Microdrive itself, I certainly had probs when I tried to copy from the SD card direct to the CF Microsdrive and ended up putting both into a card reader to do it.

Whatever the reason, not using the microdrive results in a stable TTN 3.01 update.

Mike
njmbtn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: 2210, TT3.01 and Microdrive Reply with quote

Like Mike, I'm also having trouble with TT3 and a microdrive in my 2210 (I'm running a wired GPS so don't think that it's part of the bluetooth issues discussed elsewhere).

Ideally I want to run TT3 from the SD card rather than the microdrive (its faster) but keep the microdrive in the 2210 (removing it - the Magistor 2.2GB CF is not too easy). This is how I ran under TT2.24 - and could even run TomTom and use the microdrive to play music at the same time!

TT3 doesn't seem to like this - so that when the microdrive is in the unit it freezes. Take the microdrive away and TT3 runs OK! This is despite the map being stored on the SD card...... I've reported this to TomTom (28th April) but so far no other comments apart from upgrading GPS driver which doesn't help

Interested to hear if anyone else having similar problem or any other ideas. I have tried running TT3 from microdrive - but was really slow - esp. for re-routing where this really matters......... although it didn't seem to freeze!

Thanks to Pocket GPS for this forum - been very useful finding GPS/ideas

Nick

2210 IPAQ (ROM 1.1), TomTom 3.01 main, 3.02 GPS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: