Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Please, please, please let it also cure my hands free crashing.

It's cruise control, NOT auto pilot Laughing Laughing

Using my 720 as a bog standard GPS - ie not handsfree, just navigation - I didn't notice any big changes except for the 'upgrade' of MapShare and one or two other things.

Hopefully, v8 maps will follow shortly and we'll benefit from advanced lane assist
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
Thanks, Anita, I thought it was just me.

The annoying thing is that there's no way of reversing it without a restore (unlike other MapShare corrections) GRRRRRRR

Bit complicated this, so bere with me.

I noted that entering 50mph showed 49 on map on a map correction,
30 showed 29,
20 showed 19.

So, i re did using
51 which showed as 50
41 which showed as 40
31 showed as 31
21 showed as 21, Laughing Out Loud........

So, changed preferences to km/h and changed to the equivalant on km/h and then changed back to mp/h. That did it.

So, im guessing that its some sort of conversion between km/h and mp/h thats causing the problem.

Steve
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
So, im guessing that its some sort of conversion between km/h and mp/h thats causing the problem.

That's what I thought too, but it's a strange conversion factor to be consistently 1mph out
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo, that doesnt work for me, still shows 29mph Sad
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Has anyone tried this with the RDS-MC receiver as yet? and if so are the delays displayed in colour again with a correct delay duration quoted while in the UK - this has to be the main reason for the upgrade at the moment if you own the TMC device - Mike

Suprised so few people have looked at this as it was a major fault of RDS-TMC.
From what I can see after upgrading to 8.010
The old cotraflow M1 J6a M1 J10 still in grey and showing 59mins delay
On start up this is shown on the side bar with no time dalay just the distance to the contraflow.
So on the face of it, no change.
HOWEVER
After a few minutes all changes. I now have side bar showing 29 min Delay with congestion icon.
Looking at the detail "show traffic on route" We have the colours back and the direction motion.
The side bar actually shows the first delay with time and you can see furthur delay icons (not any time data) underneath, 3 in total.
The first two seem fine with good time info, but the third is the grey M1 contraflow.
I must say the time delays are changing by the minute and in the time taken to write this I have been advised of six traffic changes !!!
They do seem to be getting there in sorting this out
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
So, changed preferences to km/h and changed to the equivalant on km/h and then changed back to mp/h. That did it.

Tomo, what did you enter to get 30mph?

I tried the kph conversion last night and, by my calculations, 30mph = 48.2kph. But only whole numbers can be entered, and if I enter 48kph I get 29mph, and 49kph gives 31mph. Evil or Very Mad
Samsung Galaxy S21
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a problem with this update. I updated my TomTom 520 the manual way i.e. downloaded the files and dragged and dropped them onto the sd card in the tomtom and told windows to overwrite any files with the same name.

All worked fine and my tomtom device is telling me I have version 8.10. Hooked upto home and clicked on 'show contents of my Go' and it is recognising it at 7.481! I have tried deleting the application, but Home just offers me 7.481! 8.10 is definitely installed on the device but home wont recognise it.

Any advice welcomed.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RDS Receiver now works on the 720 Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
The upgrade to version 8.010 now provides delay times for the traffic info using the RDS receiver. Still no idea what the colours relate too but now I can use it am sure it wont take long to figure it out.

The colours reflect the speed of the traffic through the affected area, red being worst i.e. slowest - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy1 wrote:
I've got a problem with this update. I updated my TomTom 520 the manual way i.e. downloaded the files and dragged and dropped them onto the sd card in the tomtom and told windows to overwrite any files with the same name.

All worked fine and my tomtom device is telling me I have version 8.10. Hooked upto home and clicked on 'show contents of my Go' and it is recognising it at 7.481! I have tried deleting the application, but Home just offers me 7.481! 8.10 is definitely installed on the device but home wont recognise it.

Any advice welcomed.

TTHome is notorious for showing the incorrect information regarding firmware versions. As long as tapping the satellites on your unit shows a firmware version of N8.x, I wouldn't worry too much.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a bit more time to look at the changes with 8.010 on my 520. All that I can see, apart from the menu additions I have posted before are that the TomTom POI icons have changed slightly to a more 'continental' look. For example, the Post Office has changed from an envelope where you can see the fold over flap, to a rectangular one with a stamp on it. They have also all changed from Blue on White to Black on White - no big deal at all. Voice navigation still works and the PGPS Speed Cameras with the voice warnings are still spot on, no change.

Start up is very fast and satellite acquisition takes a much shorter time than with 7.221, 7.480 and 7.481

The Tyre icon and application has remains in Home and the Simple Altimerter application and icons (from www.ilpiola.it/roberto/TomTom ) are still on the last menu page of the 520 and are still active.

Overall I'm very happy and look forward to getting the v8 maps and trying out the IP Routing.
45Richard45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, did you manage to check out the removal of itinerary planning from the one V3 that we spoke about in the other thread?
odonoghue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: no maps on version 8 software Reply with quote

I have a tomtom one v3 when I updated to version 8 software it states cannot use my maps on this device, any one else had this problem.

I downloaded via tomtom home
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated to 8.10 with no trouble once I'd read the posts that said I had to do it in 2 stages, First to v7.481 then to v8.10. It all seems excellent. I've even got voice recognition back which had stopped working before. the only thing is it doesn't seem to understand french names very well. Perhaps it's the accent as it seems fine on English names.

It now turns on almost instantly and I think it gets a lock quicker. I'm not really sure as it wasn't slow before. When I turned it on it said the requested voice wasn't available but I just had to select it again. First time I tried Traffic it said there was a server fault but 2nd time of asking it was fine.

I haven't had chance to try it on the road yet but the demos seem to be fine.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45Richard45 wrote:
Hey Mike, did you manage to check out the removal of itinerary planning from the one V3 that we spoke about in the other thread?

NOTE THIS QUOTE AND COMMENT IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE ONE THIRD EDITION

Yes I have had a look at that and confirm my device is the same it locks up if you press the Itinerary option when running a custom menu. I guess TomTom have actually removed the code from this release to stop people using the option / work around which is a shame.
Did you also mention you couldn't get the vs8 software installed on the device in the other (now locked) thread? - if so have you got around that issue? - Mike
davidrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT720 + GPRS Traffic. Upgraded and all fine. My only complaint ......

Bring back the old compass.... What were TomTom thinking? Sad

Maybe a campaign of bombarding TomTom support with e-mail requests for it back may be a start.

I know about the 'digital' version, but a pictorial version is much easier to glance at and read.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 5 of 34

Jump to: