Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Daniel Text-to-Speech Voice on Nuvi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel Text-to-Speech Voice on Nuvi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Daniel Text-to-Speech Voice on Nuvi Reply with quote

I am buying a Garmin shortly with TTS and want to make sure it has Daniel's voice, or that I can download him successfully onto the unit from the Garmin website (I think the TTS list is on the c340 downloads page).

I have been looking at various retailers for Nuvi 255W(T), 255(T), 360 (T), 370 (T), 760(T) and 770(T) - can anyone suggest if any of these units would be ok for this, please? My preference currently is for the 360.

Very grateful for any advice (I have looked through various threads without success)
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David

It looks as if the 360 will fit the package for you, please look at this link
http://egovsergo.com/2007/07/04/garmin-nuvi%C2%AE-360/

Cheers

Jerry
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry - many thanks for that indeed Jumping With Joy . Good that one civil servant can help another (retired)!

Certainly looks most promising (my only slight doubt on first look is whether this article refers to a US model, as often Garmin seems to fiddle about with features between US and Europe). Think I'll take the plunge.

Cheers again Guinness

David
TrevorFowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigPerk

I have a Nuvi 660 and it has the Daniel TTS voice as standard, so I would presume it could be standard on all mid/high end Nuvis.

I can honestly say that this voice is by far the best - so clear an un-electronic a far cry from the Copilot I had. If you've not heard Daniel, he sounds like Jon Briggs who does the voice-overs on The Weakest Link.

I would imagine the quality of voice would be something that could easily be tested at retailers such as Halfords.

Trevor
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post Trevor - more encouraging news.

I knew Daniel well, having hacked him onto my C510 - my wife has never forgiven me for selling him on (the new owner's family apparently also immediately adopted him), and guess what she has now demanded as a birthday present!

It seems from these forums that the routing problems which drove me away from Garmin may finally be improving, so I too may return to the fold from the cold defunct wastes of ViaMichelin - good though that device is, apart from the deadfully tinny and indistinct (Emily of course) voice.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: