Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is hope yet for those running Vista.

I first came on this thread on 7th April 2007 asking for advice to get CM working on Vista and after many attempts - IT NOW WORKS.

Although i have tried several times, the post recently left by Ash10 stating all Vista owners to refer to page 32, prompted me to have another go.

I have tried this many times and it hasn't worked, but this time it did.
Will keep my fingers crossed it continues.

The problem is that there are many different Vista's and all can be set up very differently with security, so what works for one may not work for another.

All i can say is keep trying - don't give up.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
DaveO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Icons and alerts Reply with quote

I have a Nuvi 660 which previously had Garmin cameras and a custom POI file for Shell Petrol.

Have downloaded PGPSW camera database, and Ash10's Camera Manager.

Followed all destructions, and removed Garmin alerts. 2 questions if I may:

What ever I attempt to do the camera icons and alerts all work, but the additional Shell poi does not! (it is there and I can select a shell garage to navigate to, but no icon or alert if merely approaching Shell in normal routing)

The info bar at the top of screen shows camera alerts in format "Mobile -123456#40" Can this be formatted to remove the camera ID code and just show "Mobile 40". Will editing the csv work?

Thanks
David

P.s. Oh, and what is the going rate for donations for Camera Manager?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no icon or alert if merely approaching Shell in normal routing

Only the 7xx series onwards shows Cutom POIs in Normal Routing without having to set them as a destination. Note that CM only affects the Speed Camera Database.

Quote:
The info bar at the top of screen shows camera alerts in format "Mobile -123456#40" Can this be formatted to remove the camera ID code and just show "Mobile 40". Will editing the csv work?

Possible (i've not tried it) but the id number is useful if you come across a camera that needs to be removed or you want to confirm you've seen a Mobile sight actively in use.
DaveO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only the 7xx series onwards shows Cutom POIs in Normal Routing without having to set them as a destination. Note that CM only affects the Speed Camera Database.

Thanks for the quick response, but that doesn't compute. Before I loaded the camera database, the Shell Garages were my only custom POI and it did show up under normal routing, and it showed "Shell Garage" in the red info bar at the top of the screen, and it gave an audible alert.

This problem occurred as soon as I downloaded the Speed Camera Database as an alternative to the Garmin one, without using Camera Manager. I only downloaded that to see if it would make a difference

Thanks

David
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response, but that doesn't compute. Before I loaded the camera database, the Shell Garages were my only custom POI and it did show up under normal routing, and it showed "Shell Garage" in the red info bar at the top of the screen, and it gave an audible alert.

The normal way to do that is to use POILoader to alter the alerts for that POI. Normally the POIs will NOT alert or show on a pre-7xx series Nuvi. The one way to do it is to use the Custom option in POILoader to make the Shell POI alert. The other is to load the database in a folder with a number in the title which will relate to the speed at which you wish to be alerted to the POIs presence.

Quote:
This problem occurred as soon as I downloaded the Speed Camera Database as an alternative to the Garmin one, without using Camera Manager. I only downloaded that to see if it would make a difference

Downloading the PGPSW database changes nothing about how the Shell POI file is handled.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to explain it is this. The Speed Camera files are exactly the same as normal (fuel, shop etc) POIs except that POILoader treats them slightly differently because of the names in the files. Words such as GATSO, MOBILE, SPECS etc makes POILoader set up alerts.

POILoader doesn't do this to normal POIs unless you choose the Custom option in POILoader where it'll ask you for the alert parameter you wish to set for each POI. Placing the POI file in a folder with a number in the title will also cause POILoader to set the alert speed to match the number in the folder title. Hence you get alerts from non-speed camera POIs such as T-Mobile and Q8 Petrol Stations...

In the past you must have taken some positive action to make the Shell Fuel POI alert you. The option to have them displayed all the time was only introduced with the 7xx series. To have them alert with a tone and the red banner requires some setting up to achieve.
DaveO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the response.

I don't recall doing anything clever at the time. However, I can only imagine that maybe Garmin alerts was covering it somehow, which of course is now turned off to avoid duplication of the custom speed alerts.

I will try your work around which (thanks to your explanation of how POI Loader and Camera Manager identify speed related POIs) sounds eminently plausible.

I will let you know the results but I have every confidence that it will work

Much appreciated

David
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I can only imagine that maybe Garmin alerts was covering it somehow

I'm afraid Garmin Alerts only covers the Garmin Speed Camera Database itself.
DaveO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Placing the POI file in a folder with a number in the title will also cause POILoader to set the alert speed to match the number in the folder title.

As far as I can tell that works. At first it didn't, but I can now see what Camera Manager is doing to the manual settings in POI Loader. At first attempt I was getting the icon but no alert, and I discovered that Camera Manager had set the now renamed "Shell_60" to 0 speed. Once I altered that to a distance alert everything seemed to fall into place.

Many thanks

david
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dowloaded what looks a great piece of software, having just goit a Garmin instead of my Navman. But it persist in telling me I'm not logged in when I really am, tried refresh, tried log out an din again, tried exit and reload cameramanager...............any ideas, I am on Vista with SP1
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have dowloaded what looks a great piece of software, having just goit a Garmin instead of my Navman. But it persist in telling me I'm not logged in when I really am, tried refresh, tried log out an din again, tried exit and reload cameramanager...............any ideas, I am on Vista with SP1

What browser do you use? If you are not already can you log in with Internet Explorer and try again?
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the remove protected mode in IE7 and this seems to have fixed the issue, re Vista, CM downloaded and set up. Thanks for help
nippyneil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kenwood DNX5220BT unit, I have not yet worked out how to install POI to it (Only had the unit for 2 weeks or so). if anyone could me some directions on how to install these it would be great - i could then load in the camera POI and make use of this camera manager software (which looks brill). The Kenwood does not have an SD slot.

Thanks

Neil
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

First of all does the Kenwood unit accept 3rd party POIs? If not, it will be impossible to add the Speed Camera Database.
PC60
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nippyneil wrote:
I have a Kenwood DNX5220BT unit, I have not yet worked out how to install POI to it (Only had the unit for 2 weeks or so). if anyone could me some directions on how to install these it would be great - i could then load in the camera POI and make use of this camera manager software (which looks brill). The Kenwood does not have an SD slot.

Thanks

Neil

Neil,
I have just installed a DNX5220BT and added the speed camera DB. Just go to http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/ and you will find all the instructions on how to do it.

It works great.......good luck.
Smile

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 37 of 77

Jump to: