Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIs- Pharmacies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIs- Pharmacies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrRoger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: POIs- Pharmacies Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking for GPS Software for my Verizon HTC Touch. (PocketPC). I'd like software that includes pharmacies in its POIs. iGuidance 4.0 did not have those in the trial version I got. OnCourse Navigator 6 lists pharmacies as POIs on its website. Not sure about Garmin Mobil XT...anyone know? I've kind of narrowed my choices down to OCN-8 to be released in a couple of weeks, and Garmin Mobile XT.
Roger
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you are talking Navigation sofware, then I would have thought you should be looking at software that accepts POIs as oposed to containing POIs, there are more third party POI suppliers with far more POIS than suppliers of navigation software containing POIs including this site although must admit it currently not in abundance with pharmacies but these can be easily added by yourselve(s), I personally would never select software on its poi content merit.
DrRoger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
I presume you are talking Navigation sofware, then I would have thought you should be looking at software that accepts POIs as oposed to containing POIs,.........

Hi,
I live in NC in the US. Say I make a trip to another city, I'll likely depend on what POIs are in the software. No point buying the software if it relies heavily on getting POIs from 3rd parties. I'm looking at OnCourse Navigator for the US, which has 12 million POIs. Version 8 is coming early June. But your point is well taken; I'll make sure it'll easily accept POIs including corrections made by others.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se your point, obviuosly the software situation differs between the Us and Uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: