Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is GPRS Working??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is GPRS Working??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCorry wrote:
I have been having problems connecting a Nokia 6233 even after installing 7.0.3. Finally decided to call ViaMichelin and they recommended a Hard Reset - this requires removing the SD Card and pressing the + and i buttons together with the Reset button (using stylus). These must be held down until there is a full green bar at the bottom of the screen.

The hard reset worked and I can now use the GPRS services (on Vodafone GPRS). Still can't copy my contacts though!

Anyone know how to do a Hard Reset on a x970T? Is it a pin in the back job, or from thecontent manager?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCorry wrote:
I have been having problems connecting a Nokia 6233 even after installing 7.0.3. Finally decided to call ViaMichelin and they recommended a Hard Reset - this requires removing the SD Card and pressing the + and i buttons together with the Reset button (using stylus). These must be held down until there is a full green bar at the bottom of the screen.

The hard reset worked and I can now use the GPRS services (on Vodafone GPRS). Still can't copy my contacts though!

I tried a hard reset the other day and it didn't help. Everything else seems to work fine (even the sim copy) just can't get the GPRS working.
Maybe Stu will have more of an idea of what's happening.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
RCorry wrote:

I tried a hard reset the other day and it didn't help. Everything else seems to work fine (even the sim copy) just can't get the GPRS working.
Maybe Stu will have more of an idea of what's happening.

A hard reset also worked for me (now working with Vodafone). I also debranded the phone (so that I can get the latest fixes straight from SE; I also have some cool new features that Vodafone had decided to strip out in there firmware - its like having a new phone now) Very Happy

Can you tell me witch firmware you have? E.g. select Menu, Settings, General , Update service, Software version.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Orange pay as you go software version reported as 1200-9127 R1CA039 071029

How do you debrand the phone and what extras do you getand does it cause any problems with using on the network. i.e would I loose all the message settings and such?
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
I have Orange pay as you go software version reported as 1200-9127 R1CA039 071029

How do you debrand the phone and what extras do you getand does it cause any problems with using on the network. i.e would I loose all the message settings and such?

Well R1CA039 is the newest firmware at the moment. The latest I can get on Vodafone is 038. I'm not certain to what extent Orange brand their phones... but the first time I saw the W910 in an O2 shop (who don't brand), I thought wow that looks nice, good flash menus, great games (VRally 3d and marble madness etc), and the possibility to update firmwares via GPRS. So I ordered my Vodafone one, and it came with none of this! All the games were demos, crap themes, and no flash menus (basically they striped out all the bells and whistles). I debranded the phone which took about 10 mins and I did not lose any of message settings etc (but you do need to make sure you backup your contacts and other stuff as that gets zapped from the phone). You can also brand them again if you need to send it back to your phone provider.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very tempted to debrand my phone then. I assume I can just google and get it done?
Having not seen the phone on any other network I don't know if Orange has the flash menus are not?
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
very tempted to debrand my phone then. I assume I can just google and get it done?
Having not seen the phone on any other network I don't know if Orange has the flash menus are not?

It costs 10 euros... I did it with totalgsm.com (who gives you support via msn). What games do you have on your Orange phone? What themes do you have pre-installed? You could have a look at a working W910i in a 3 shop (they brand as well, but I think they still have the games and flash menus installed).
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these themes Eclipse, Clarity, Hidden Peak, Soundscape.

All the games were demo's but managed to find and download a copy of Marble Madness.
marlarkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem for me with x980T, Motorola V3 and Orange.

Tried the hard reset. Now it gets further than it did, now it comes up with a message on the VM saying "connection test" then it comes back with "connection failed".

I've tried all three of the Orange auto-configs listed and have manually tried configuring APN "orangeinternet".

Plus I've checked my account and adult content is allowed.

Any ideas ?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you are getting as far as me with the w910i. I suspect either VM have changed something or Orange has.
Mine goes through all the motions and the internet icon comes up but it never connects. Crying or Very sad

I've just given up at the moment.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
sounds like you are getting as far as me with the w910i. I suspect either VM have changed something or Orange has.
Mine goes through all the motions and the internet icon comes up but it never connects. Crying or Very sad

I've just given up at the moment.

This is what happened to mine... I debranded my W910i and gave the X970T hard reset and it started to work. However, not sure if it was a combination of debranding and hard reseting, or if a hard reset would have been enough (I did both at the same time).
Eeeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - Orange/Nokia users. I've think I've cracked it!

In the menu, in the telephone options go to the 'Configure GPRS'. Click on your paired mobile and the click on 'Manual Configuration'. Enter the following:-

APN: orangewap
Login: pass
Password: pass
Phone number: *99#
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Connection script:

Click on OK. Connection test will then follow and you should be greeted with the message "GPRS settings valid".

Be sure to activate your GPRS setting in My Viamichelin on the website too.

Hooray!!!!
WimV24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Can't copy contacts Reply with quote

The hard Reset worked for me.
GPRS is now working.
Nokia 6233 is in the compatibility list for X-970T not for the X-980T.
I have a old edition X-980T version 7.0.3
Can get info on weather and radar.
Can't copy contacts however,

Any solution?

X-980T (old-edition) version 7.03 Nokia 6233 TelfortNL
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't copy contacts Reply with quote

WimV24 wrote:
The hard Reset worked for me.
GPRS is now working.
Nokia 6233 is in the compatibility list for X-970T not for the X-980T.
I have a old edition X-980T version 7.0.3
Can get info on weather and radar.
Can't copy contacts however,

Any solution?

X-980T (old-edition) version 7.03 Nokia 6233 TelfortNL

I have exactly the same as you - old X-980T with latest software plus Nokia 6233 phone. I suspect contacts can't be copied because the 6233 can store more than one number under the same contact, plus address information, etc.. Also, it can store more than 100 entries. I'm surprised that the Sat Nav can't just take the default number for the first 100 entries.
Cartography Edition 2007

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: