Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Etrex routes and Waypoints
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Etrex routes and Waypoints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afcbrichard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Etrex routes and Waypoints Reply with quote

I have just bought an Etrex H and when I create a route the pointer page appears to indicate that the next waypoint it selects is the nearest waypoint not the next one in the order of the route if i choose a circular route and select 001-009.

If I select 009 -001 then it shows 009 in the pointer page but does not appear to go to 001.

Sounds confusing I know but can anyone help?

I can obviously get by by using GO TO and selecting each waypoint as I go which appears to work OK.

Thanks
Prodnose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Your complaint must top the list of Garmin irritants. The Etrex logic is that you want to travel from A to Z. You may enter B, C, D etc to help you on your way. But if, say, when reach E you pass close to X, the logic decides that you should go to X because it is the shortest way to your objective Z. That you want to take a circuitous route or that you must cross a river to travel from E to X is just hard luck.
The classic problem is when taking a circular walk is that you are immediately directed to end point: logical but ***** annoying!
The solutions are either to navigate from one waypoint to the next using "Goto" or break the route into two or more parts. If the route more or less linear the problem doesn't arise
Harry
afcbrichard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Prodnose

At least I now know that the etrex logic is rubbish and that my garmin is working, I will continue to utilise the GO TO function as most of my walks are circular.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: