Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Voice Utility Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Voice Utility Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gialloblu2b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieter66 wrote:
My son of 5 years old had spoken all the voice files. But unfortunately, only 20 voices can be changed Sad .
How can I use all the files of my son?

Can I obtain somewhere a full version, or version 1.0?

Thanks for helping Pieter66

Ash10, reply us back!
Razz
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.2 is now available!

Download link as before/below...

You can now change as many of the sound samples as you like - however, after the first fifty (50) they will have reduced sound quality.

An unrestricted version is available to contributors Laughing

Enjoy! Cool
jonnybad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

Just downloaded from your sig link and it says that it's still v1.1.

I'm having trouble joining the files back together, as it says saomething about not beeing able to connect to the licence server. Any ideas please?
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash

Thought I would have a go of yur voice utility, as it sounds like a lot of fun, but I've hit a snag.

I've tried changing just a couple of .wav files to start with, one of them being the recalculating warning. Unfortunately, as soon as the unit gets to a point where it needs to recalculate, it just switches itself off.

I'm using a Nuvi 360, and the replacement file details are:-
Size 8.19 kb
Bit rate 20kbps
Channels 1 (mono)
Sample rate 11kHz
Audio format MPEG layer-3

Having read the rest of the posts up to this point, would I be right in assuming that the replacement .wav file is of too low quality to be useable?

Thanks.

ETA Ran the original .wav files through iTunes to convert them, and all now works fine. Keep up the good work Ash.
GarminNok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've read right through this thread with a lot of interest as, like Pieter66 (a few posts above), my 4 year old son wants to re-record an entire set. Whenever we go out, even if it's to the shop, he's like "Put the SatNav on Dad". He cracked me up last week when we were driving home and we weren't using it - "I'll be the SatNav today...Now turn left...Now turn right" etc. We were going along and a road was on the left that we didn't need to turn down but he said, "Now turn left" bit I kept going. What did he say?...."Recalculating". He had me in fits, it's amazing what a young child can pick up - and SatNav has taught him his left from right better than I ever could Laughing

Anyway, I was messing around with the software last night and tried changing just a couple of wavs and they didn't work particularly well (very quiet) but I think that's more to how I was doing it rather than the software itself. I would very much like to be able to sit down with my boy and let him re-record an entire set and as such am wondering what kind of donation would be acceptable? I'd like to support Ash10 in furthering the development of his software and wouldn't want to donate an amount that would "offend" (for want of a better word) after all his hard & excellent work. Also, what's the deal to get a copy of the unrestricted s/w? Do I simply make a paypal payment and Ash10 will be in touch or do I contact him direct? (Ash10 if you're reading this, please replace all instances of "him" with "you"!)

Cheers Cool
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarminNok, that's great about the 4 year old!! all i get from mini-MaFt (3 in june) is "go that way daddy"!

anyway, regarding donations personally i say whatever you think it's worth. as far as i am aware this is the only software for this purpose (hence some unscrupulous company's were using it to make a profit (hence the limitations in quality and numbers of samples etc)) so in a sense it's priceless!

however, i have always thought that if i would use it once and benefit from it once (eg software that would fix a corrupt file that i would only need one or two times) then i would give a small donation (£2 - £3 / $5 - or whatever i had spare in my paypal account!) if it was something i would use a lot like very good audio / video conversion software then i would donate quite a bit more (again depending on the size of the programmer or company - eg big company i would possibly give a little less due to more users / donators, an individual i would likely give slightly more as chances are it is a 'hobby' rather than a businessso it's an extra 'thanks for putting your wn time and effort into this and sharing with us'.

regardless i'm sure ash10 appreciates ANY donations!

hope that makes sense and i haven't babbled too much...

MaFt
hgrfhew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Ash10's Garmin voice utility Reply with quote

Hey ash10.
I got the voice utility, used it to split the vpm files and then modified them.
But now ive hit a snag as the files that i modified does not want to join.
I keep getting a "cannot read from..."error as it says it cant read the files ive created. but they are wav files and i have not changed the numbers.
What am i doing wrong and how should i fix it?
if i need to change bitrate or whatever... how do i do it?

Regards and thanks!!!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a working voice file that I made for my i3

It includes lots of information on the file structure Nuvi / i3 and what audio formats to use.

PLEASE do read ALL of the ReadMe file that's included with it.

You can download the file from HERE
windup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Nuvi 250W voice Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been following this thread, having just got a Nuvi 250W.
I am reasonably happy with the standard UK voice, but like others, I would like to alter the 'Recalculating' and 'Camera' alert.
I thought I would alter the 'Recalc' to be just one of the alternate Bongs, copying an existing tone and renaming the wav name.
This I have now done and it works a treat. I think using a 'tone' is better than silence, because it just emphasises attention is needed.

I am having a problem with the camera warnings.
I have created a new warning sound and proved it plays by swapping it with another 'command '. But when I actually change the existing camera warning Bong for my new wav file, it still plays the original.. so presumably this tone is coming from another source, or I am looking at the wrong file numbers.

Has anyone successfully changed this tone and can tell me what file to change please.. Shocked
Daicon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Program help Reply with quote

I downloaded the file and am having problems getting it to work.
Granted I saw some people were able to get started and do all sorts of fun stuff, other users seemed to have the same problems I did and I couldn't find a solution.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200W, which I understand doesn't use tts files.

1. Here I select a vpm file, well a backup copy.
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19135449er2.jpg

2. I click split but come up with an error each time.
http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37333743ht8.jpg
"No destination sound files have been specified"

If I put a .wav file in the folder it can't find it for some reason.
From what I understand I should be seeing a big list of files, but this isn't the case.

Can someone please tell me what I may be doing wrong, or if it's compatible with my Garmin Nuvi 200W?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

It's compatible with the Nuvi 200W.

You simply haven't told it where to save the files in the bottom box. You need to select the file to split in the top box, tell it where to save the files and with what filename, in the bottom one and then press Split.
atilioc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: We need an unrestricted version Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Version 1.2 is now available!

Download link as before/below...

You can now change as many of the sound samples as you like - however, after the first fifty (50) they will have reduced sound quality.

An unrestricted version is available to contributors Laughing

Enjoy! Cool

Hi, ASH, in Venezuela, we have a group of approximately 1000 people, and we have created a map ruteable of Venezuela (which is available free for anyone in our web: www.gpsve.net), but we would like to change Lola voice (Spanish voice in all GPS Garmin) by one more traditional and local, for which we need the version unrestricted of your software.

How much we have to donate through Paypal to achieve it? Thanks beforehand!!
NIKO-007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Nuvi voices coming to a nav near u :-D Reply with quote

Is ash10 still around, I am after his unrestricted voice utility, I have been making a few new voices for the nuvi but when you change over 50 samples the util downgrades the sample quality so i need the unrestricted version.

Coming soon for free.. "THE WHITE VAN MAN" made with edited samples from the tom tom version, as soon as I can find ash10 that is, its all ready to go all I need is to find ash10.

If anyone can do voice impression, cartoon characters or celebs or whatever I would like to hear from you, you will have to audition though Laughing (just send me a sample of some of the nuvi words listed below)

nikoinireland@gmail.com

Here is the up to date list for the files used in the nuvi voices, I believe it got changed at some point because the previous version I had did not match what got extracted from a current nuvi standard voice file:-

Files used in nuvi .vpm file

FILE# /SPOKEN
001 [long tone]
002 1st
003 2nd
004 3rd
005 4th
006 5th
007 6th
008 7th
009 8th
010 9th
011 ahead
012 an
013 arrive at
014 arriving at
015 at roundabout
016 battery power low
017 bear left
018 bear right
019 [short blip]
020 [silence]
021 board ferry
022 calculating
023 [click]
024 [bong]
025 continue
026 destination
027 drive
028 driving
029 east
030 8
031 18
032 80
033 11
034 enter roundabout
035 exit!
036 exit
037 external power lost
038 [bong]
039 feet
040 15
041 50
042 5
043 40
044 4
045 14
046 gps is off
047 half a
048 100
049 if possible
050 in
051 incompatible audio version
052 keep
053 kilometer
054 kilometers
055 leave ferry
056 left
057 lost satellite reception
058 make a U turn
059 meters
060 mile
061 miles
062 [bong bong]
063 [bong bong]
064 9
065 19
066 90
067 north
068 north east
069 north west
070 off route
071 1
072 on left
073 on right
074 point
075 ready to navigate
076 recalculate?
077 recalculating
078 right
079 searching for satellites
080 7
081 17
082 70
083 sharply
084 6
085 16
086 60
087 south
088 south east
089 south west
090 [silence]
091 take
092 take ramp
093 10
094 then
095 13
096 30
097 thousand
098 3
099 3/4 of a
100 to
101 [blip blip blip]
102 turn
103 12
104 20
105 to
106 via point
107 west
108 when possible
109 yards
110 zero

Last edited by NIKO-007 on Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
NIKO-007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Ash10 MIA Reply with quote

Just read the whole thread.. ash10 you have ppl queuing up to buy your voice util, where the hell are ya? :-D

Does anyone have the heads up.. is he on vacation with all the money that he is making? he's probably on a beach somewhere, hopefully with a laptop though!
NIKO-007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Garmin vpm editor Reply with quote

Just mailed garmin about making their voice editor available to us, i am probably wasting my time but it wont hurt to try, if u dont ask u dont get!, i will post a reply as soon as i get it..

"Would it be possible for you to make the Garmin nuvi Voice file manipulation program available to the nuvi users, I am talking about the program that allows you to join sounds together into a .vpm file, the tom-tom has plenty of voices and the nivi is lacking in this area, you could make this program available in you GARMIN GOODIES section.
The nuvi users would really appreciate this."

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: