Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 930
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 930
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry Darren Embarassed (Just in case) Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
Then maybe someone should tell tomotom

if you are on the UK tomtom site and click were to buy PIXMANIA is the first online store in the list.
Perhaps if you check the links you mentioned in last nights post again you will not find the 930 offered for sale now if you choose UK as the country - Mike
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
vicky wrote:
Then maybe someone should tell tomotom

if you are on the UK tomtom site and click were to buy PIXMANIA is the first online store in the list.
Perhaps if you check the links you mentioned in last nights post again you will not find the 930 offered for sale now if you choose UK as the country - Mike

Hmm No So I am afraid

go to tomtom. com select UK as country

Select where to buy

Pixmania at top of list (Select)

put 930 in search box and whats the first product you get Offered?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it does, I just looked at the pages of information listed on the page it first links to where the x30 devices are missing, as I said last night though I wouldn't expect TT to be able to control a supplier such as this one, it is a shame because it is misleading without a doubt - Mike
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it is misleading without a doubt

Totally agree. I think if TT had any real wish to stop 930s getting to the UK till they are equipped for it the least they could do is remove the Pixmania link from the top of the TT onlines sellers List.

I got another email back from support today saying home 2.3 will sort the voice issues in 2 to 3 weeks. Than fine by me, but some people who have no access to a temp fix may well be more miffed!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more questions on MapShare on the new machine...

1. I see the first page of corrections now has the "change road speed" (limit) option which, as described by Mike above, is now instantly corrected on your own map and is downloadable data via Mapshare..
Do you know if the "turn restriction" is also an "instant change" and downloadable via Mapshare?

2. Is the Edit (built-in) POI function, which was on page 1, still there on page two?

Finally, should you make this topic a "sticky" as it's a pretty hot topic isn't it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, If you think it will be any help I will post up a full menu index from the 930 later when I get home, I also intend to cover the new mapshare options, I would have done it last night but taking the 910 to bits got in the way!. (see elsewhere).

As I don't have the 930 with me currently answers to the map changes will have to wait, I had too little windscreen area available for it this morning so it is still at home.

I have never managed a mapshare connection with the 930 but this could be down to the software version I am currently using, so it is difficult to answer that one. I will try putting the public version of Navcore 8 on the device and see what it does.

I am not too sure about sticky as yet, there is too much non value added in the thread as it stands, perhaps it requires splitting up a little bit to keep it technically biased - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy, If you think it will be any help I will post up a full menu index from the 930 later when I get home,

Mmm, yes please. Big job though to do a "full" one. I always meant to do it with the 720 as a general reference for answering forum questions, but when I tried it there were so many menu "branches" it ended up a massive task!
Quote:

I am not too sure about sticky as yet, there is too much non value added in the thread as it stands, perhaps it requires splitting up a little bit to keep it technically biased - Mike

Ok, I just thought that its the closest we have so far to a "review"-type post (like your one for the ONE "3rd", which I find I type links to in answers almost daily!)
. v
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this lane assist work in 2D mode.

Is there only me that uses this mode. I still think that 2D is far better than a pretty looking 3D. I just think that alot more road(s) are shown. Can you lot read an A-Z map anymore, or are they in 3D too now! Why cant i have a customized icon too in 2D mode

Just remember there are only 10 types of people in this world, those that can understand binary and those that can't.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select either of the 2D display modes the Lane Assist arrows will appear and work fine, if you also have the "Show Lane Images" selected the display will change to the "Reality View" 0,40 miles from the junction, it will then switch back to the 2D map (North up or Direction Up as selected) - Mike
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to hear Mike. Thanks for reply
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
A couple more questions on MapShare on the new machine...

1. I see the first page of corrections now has the "change road speed" (limit) option which, as described by Mike above, is now instantly corrected on your own map and is downloadable data via Mapshare..
Do you know if the "turn restriction" is also an "instant change" and downloadable via Mapshare?
Perhaps a quick read of This will show you how to use the Speed Limit alteration option - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: