Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 300 and Sony P1i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 300 and Sony P1i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chinnyhill10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Go 300 and Sony P1i Reply with quote

Anyone successfully using their Go300 with a Sont P1i?

I intially had mine running fine (although I had to tell the Tom Tom it was a Sony P910i as obviously the P1i is too new for it's listings).

However now it appears to be having connection problems.

I use the phone to connect the Tom Tom to the traffic service. Today the Tom Tom initially refused to work, but after a reboot (where I took the memory card out) it worked. Then, about 40 minutes later, it refused to connect again.

Any ideas? The Tom Tom just says "Cannot connect to Tom Tom Traffic, please check your mobile phone". It's still not working at the moment although I am continuing to fiddle.

The network is 02 and the SIM is 3G enabled if that helps.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the pin reset had same issue with my go520 and p1i! but if your on o2 pay and go forget using it for plus services! you need mobile web support and pay and go only get gprs at moment! but use reset pin and should sort it!
chinnyhill10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Use the pin reset had same issue with my go520 and p1i! but if your on o2 pay and go forget using it for plus services! you need mobile web support and pay and go only get gprs at moment! but use reset pin and should sort it!

It's not a pay as you go phone. It's a standard monthly contract.

At the moment it's working fine again, but I fully expect it to fail again at some point. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it failing.

It's quite wierd really.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinnyhill10 wrote:

It's not a pay as you go phone. It's a standard monthly contract.

At the moment it's working fine again, but I fully expect it to fail again at some point. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it failing.

It's quite wierd really.

Mine went a couple of times! Spoke to TT and Sony and full support for P1i will happen in a future update but when is anybodys guess! Sony have changed alot of the firmware on the change from P900/M600 upto the P1i, My parrot car kit don't support the P1i fully i have to manually copy phone book ect! Not TT fault this one but sony changing stuff and not being quick to pass on info to third parties!

As for contract then thats fine, as you know you have full support unlike us pay and go scum who only get GPRS and not full web! o2 are considering there options on moblieweb for pay and go customers since they introduced the new unlimited web browsing (unlimited Laughing Out Loud 200MB fair use policy Rolling Eyes ) So maybe bye bye TMC one day but i aint holding my breath!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: