Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny_D
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen_EP wrote:
Before the upgrade I cold get about 2 - 2 1/2 hours battery life with BT, MP3 and FM on after the upgrade only about 1 houre. I have now gone back and get the old battery life time.

Impressive. I've never gotten that long... Oh well. It's not really a major problem.
Bloody Superb PGPSW Camera Database.
Not much else!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
jeta1 wrote:

Thanks, I should have said that I'd tried the toll road preferences, I told it not to avoid toll roads - it still bloody would go there ......... other preference was set to fastest so should already have been looking for motorways.

You say NOT to avoid toll roads and then are upset when it routes you on them??

Do not avoid = choose toll roads!

He does indeed mis-type in his follow up mate, where he wrongly says "it still bloody would go there".

But his original query makes it clear, he meant its NOT navigating via toll-roads even though he has changed all settings to permit it to.

He mis-typed in second message. But his first points out what he actually meant.

Hope this is helpful.

INSTANT EDIT:

Oops - just realised I was reading the bottom of page 13, and never saw there was a Page 14 where Dennis etc had already answered this.

Simple plain mistake, this one, please disregard all.
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: No audio books and sound turn off Reply with quote

My experience of the 7.480 update was that:
The audiobooks did not work, MP3s did.
When travelling on my standard commute I usually turn the sound off as then I can listen to the audio books without being interrupted by navigation instructions and poi warnings. Now when I turn on the audio (book or mp3) the sound is automatically switched on.
Very annoying change, as to get what I had before I have to clear the route, so I don't get any traffic reports, and switch off the poi warnings.

Thanks Oldboy I will revert to 7.221.
I did a backup, but used Home to do it and it will not restore saying I must have removed a SD card, which clearly I have not. What a completely rubbish "feature".

Cheers
Paul
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the 14 pages of problems I am just pleased I adopted a wait and see policy on whether to do the update or not
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got no maps when I tried the 7480 update, and a reset did nothing.

Restored a previous version from backup, and all is well again. Rolling Eyes
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
dhn wrote:
jeta1 wrote:

Thanks, I should have said that I'd tried the toll road preferences, I told it not to avoid toll roads - it still bloody would go there ......... other preference was set to fastest so should already have been looking for motorways.

You say NOT to avoid toll roads and then are upset when it routes you on them??

Do not avoid = choose toll roads!

He does indeed mis-type in his follow up mate, where he wrongly says "it still bloody would go there".

But his original query makes it clear, he meant its NOT navigating via toll-roads even though he has changed all settings to permit it to.

He mis-typed in second message. But his first points out what he actually meant.

Hope this is helpful.

INSTANT EDIT:

Oops - just realised I was reading the bottom of page 13, and never saw there was a Page 14 where Dennis etc had already answered this.

Simple plain mistake, this one, please disregard all.

Hi Folks, thanks for the interest, I'm sorry I confused the issue with my typing mistake, I was using the laptop in the car in bright sunshine and couldn't see the screen too well so I missed the typo.

I really DID want to use the toll road, the 720 would NOT route via the toll road despite trying the different toll road preferences. (but the Go300 would happily route via the toll road??)
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Please be aware that if you choose to do this (rolling back to the previous version), when you unzip the download you will be presented with 4 folders and 9 files, the files go straight into the root of the x20 device.

The folders MUST be opened and the contents transferred to the corresponding folder on the device, please don't simply overwrite the folders or you will cause a load of problems.
The LoquendoTTS folder needs to be opened followed by the lib folder then put the single file in the LoquendoTTS/lib folder on the device - Mike

Many Thanks Smile - I am now back to 7.221
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeta1 wrote:
I really DID want to use the toll road, the 720 would NOT route via the toll road despite trying the different toll road preferences. (but the Go300 would happily route via the toll road??)

My TomTom ONE v1 (App 7.162, map UK and RoI v710.1571), doesn't choose the toll road either when routing that way. It just thinks it's quicker to go the M6 route. And who's to say it's wrong, depending on the time of day? Certainly not maps.google.co.uk. That also routes via the M6. If you drag the route to the toll road, it reckons the distance is the same, but adds one minute to the journey time.
AusRef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another TomTom response, telling me to manually backup the device, format it, and then restore everything again. Sceptical that this would accomplish anything at all, I did as told anyway... and surprise surprise, the problems remain.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I have another fault with 7.480? On my 920T, since "up"grading, I have noticed that when I first switch on my remote control, when it locks on, the 920 map does a quick half turn 90 degrees, then back on line again. It's only when I first switch the remote on - it disconnects when the 920 is switched off and has to have a fresh switch on next time. It's happened several times today.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 520 died with a currupted flash memory R.I.P! Got my money back from Tesco all £200 and trundled off to comet gave them £169 for a 720 oh joy! then realised because i foolishly paid for the TT speed camera database (will convert after expirery Laughing Out Loud) i phoned TT AGAIN to transfer to the 720! I was freely told by the agent refuse the auto update and wait for new one! i asked when and he replied a couple of weeks max! light at the end of tunnel maybe!

Backup taken and saved on laptop before i did anything!

And sticking with app.7.221 till update been fully tested Laughing Out Loud
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duffer wrote:
This is the reply that I received on Thu 20 Mar after contacting TT about v7.480 which cocked up my 520:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your GO 520

Please do not even try to update to version 7.480 because it has been RECALLED from the website until at least Wednesday next week, when it should be re released.

mikewall today wrote:
I was freely told by the agent refuse the auto update and wait for new one! i asked when and he replied a couple of weeks max! light at the end of tunnel maybe!

And Darren doesn't seem to have received anything back from TT yet.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now it's got to the point where TT cant hide the issues with 7.480! I also think it depends on who you speak to as to there understanding of the situation!
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that TT must have supplied the software for Terminal 5. Possibly v7.480!!!!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wish they would hurry up and bring out the new version

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

Jump to: