Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom won't start with Speed Camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom won't start with Speed Camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wychall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: TomTom won't start with Speed Camera database Reply with quote

Help! I have just updated my speed camera database from the May 2006 version that I was using and now TomTom won't start. I run Navigator 3 on an IPAQ 4700 with the files on a storage card. I used Activesync to load the new files (by speed type) into the Great Britain folder, overwriting the previous version, then did a soft restart. TomTom will now not start. Deleting the files again corrects the situation and allows TomTom to run. Has anyone any idea what I may be doing wrong?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using to give you a speed camera warning? CheckPOI vs3,2 or something else? - Mike
Wychall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike. I haven't yet got that far. I am presently only trying to display the cameras as POI. Installing Checkpoint was to be the next step. Brian.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of thoughts, the colour depth was changed around or just after May 2006 so this could be a possible cause, just copy the .ov2 files to the Map folder don't copy the bmp files to check this bit, will TT start now?

Another thought is a corrupt download, when you download the database you unzip it then copy just the bmp and ov2 files to the map folder, leave out the Help and version files - does this make any difference? - I can charge up my 4700 and quickly load TT3 on to the unit as I still have the required files on the PC.

For the CheckPOI set-up please check your e-mail as I have sent you a set-up guide I wrote quite some time ago - Mike
Wychall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you're a genius! By deleting the bmp's and replacing them with the ones from May 2006 I now have a working system. Off to work now but when I get back I will read your email and try the Checkpoint part.

Many, many thanks for your help with this.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it worked, although it was a bit of a guess to be honest I didn't think anyone would still be using TTN3 these days.

If you get stuck with the CheckPOI let me know, in the guide I sent is a link to a web site for some spoken alerts which no longer works. Instead you can grab a voice pack from this web site on This Page then use Audacity to convert each fle from ogg to wav which is the format needed for CheckPOI, Audacity can be found on This page - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: