Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 Upgrade CD, no installation files only 100.o11, 200.o17
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 Upgrade CD, no installation files only 100.o11, 200.o17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: TT3 Upgrade CD, no installation files only 100.o11, 200.o17 Reply with quote

Arrrrgggggggggg!!!!!! Crying or Very sad :x Evil or Very Mad

Waited weeks for my upgrade to TT3 to arrive only to find that it won't install. When I insert the CD on my W2K or XP system there is no autostart of the install/setup routine. So I had a look at the CD's contents and it only contains the following 4 files:

100.o11
200.o17
200.o18
200.o19

There is no setup file or anything else, just these 4 unusual files. Has anybody else come across this problem? I have email TT but have yet to get a response

:x
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's all you see, your CD is probably damaged. An undamaged CD will autorun when inserted, and if not, you just run the Setup program.

If you have any unusual CD drivers, you could try uninstalling them - these include things like packet writing software. I suspect, though, as you've tried two machines that your CD is really damaged.

David
mshaikh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...I have the same problem, but worse...No autostart and NO FILES/FOLDERS shown in the windows explorer in D:drive...although the properties for the cd shows that it contains 667Mb worth of data. I have emailed TomTom today for help and hope they get back to me soon. But in the meantime if anyone can help I'd be more than grateful.

If I get response from TomTom I'll definitely post it here! Confused Sad Exclamation
raboyme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean the cd's carefully. There maybe a very small rubbish on the surface of the cd. If there is something(even small) on the cd, it will not work.

Roy
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Update on my problem Reply with quote

After waiting on the phone for an age I finally got to speak to TomTom support. He straight away said I had a bad disk from the manufacturers but was at pains to keep pointing out that it was very rare. He stated that I was number 6 out of 30,000 shipped discs.

If anyone else has this problem, you need to give them a ring and they will direct you to a web page to enter your details. Once you have an RMA number you then have to ring DHL to arrange pickup of the faulty disc (but NOT the case with your reg code on it). Once TT get it back they will send out replacement.

Hope this is of use to others with similar problems

Regards
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised that TomTom want to pay to collect the faulty CD, especially if it's a problem they know about. It's not as if you can repair a CD, and when you're having thousands duplicated, a CD doesn't cost you very much.

You could try suggesting that seeing as you have a valid Navigator 3 Product Code (which they can confirm you haven't activated), they could just send you a new CD.

However, in the end, it's probably easier just to go along with their proposed way ahead. It might be interesting if you post the markings from near the hub of your CD. Mine, which works, says "* C4D/56746/TTN301/150304/3C00.060.301 * 1" (without the quotes, and with a bar code in front of it)

David
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already packaged up the disk ready for collection by DHL later today, so I can't get the batch code off the hub. TT give a DHL reference number to use when booking the collection. It turns out that this is actually their account number - so if you want to make any deliveries and charge them to TT............;-)

Here is the full text of the return instructions:

Dear Customer

Your request for service has been received and your RMA number is shown in the subject of this e-mail (Wxxxxxxx). Please make sure when you return your defective TomTom product to us, that this RMA number is clearly shown on the package and that you also include the proof of purchase (a copy of your purchase invoice). Without this, we cannot process returns.

1. Please do not include 3rd party products in your RMA (Such as PDA's or third party GPS devices). TomTom is only able to repair its own products. Products of other brands should be returned to the original manufacturer;

2. Please make sure that you only return the defective item to us ? do not
include any accessories;

3. Without the RMA number our courier will be unable to pick up your defective goods, so please make sure you copy the address and RMA number shown below onto your parcel.

Modus Media International,
Att. Receiving Department - RMA (Wxxxxxxxx)
Laan van de Leeuw 4
7324 BD APELDOORN,
The Netherlands

Depending on your country of residence, please call one of the following numbers to request pickup of your return shipment at TomTom's expense. Our DHL pickup number is 966xxxxxxx

Country DHL number to dial
Netherlands 0800-0552
Germany 01805 345 22 55
UK 08701 100 300
France 0820 20 80 80
Italy 199 199 345
Spain 902 12 24 24
Belgium 02-715-50-50
Sweden 020-345 345
Denmark 70 130 130
Switzerland 0800 55 77 77
Austria 0810-810 010
Finland 0800-17 17 17
Portugal 218 100099
Luxembourg 35-09-09

Please be aware that the replacement shipment will be sent only after our
receipt of the defective Tom Tom product and within 5 working days after our reparation. You can follow the status of your RMA through our website on the following url:
http://repair.tomtom.com/palmtop/tn/repair.NSF/Status?openAgent&ID=xxxxxxxxx

Thank you and best regards
TomTom Customer Support
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the reason why they want the CD back is to remove the product code from circulation.
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that is the case as the product code is on the case/cover which they ask you NOT to return. When you get the replacement disk back you are then to use the original product code

Regards

Simon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: