Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NIP's (Notice of Intended Prosecution) Help?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NIP's (Notice of Intended Prosecution) Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyab99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I know i'm gona risk being labelled as thicko amonst all you seasoned 'old timers' - but how the hell do you post updates anyway? I got caught by a mobile site a few months back in Somerset that wasn't on the database (and yes. I was speeding....... ish) - although it has taken the police nearly 3 months to send through the paperwork Confused

Is there software i can run on my TomTom Go 500 and just press a button to record a site - or am I going to have to commit it to memory and just remember to post it ?

For what it's worth, i'd rather the database was up to date and relative to the active sites. If we all chip in our six peneth (when we know how - by we I of course mean me) surely it's a better quality product we all use ?

Gona crawl back into my foxhole now while I wait for the barrage of thicko replies Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyab99 wrote:
OK, I know i'm gona risk being labelled as thicko amonst all you seasoned 'old timers' - but how the hell do you post updates anyway?
Welcome There are no thickos here, especially not you (actually, only old timers can be thickos, newcomers are learners like wot we all woz once upon a time).

If you have very up to date application on your 500, you could get a shortcut (Quick Menu) button on your screen for a single tap to record a spot (Favourite) for later reporting.

If that's not available to you, set your preferences to help out. e.g. go to Browse map, then Options, then tick the Coordinates box and in future it'll show the cordinates of wherever you are when you Browse Map. Then, whilst driving, you ...
Tap,
Tap the Right Arrow,
Tap Browse Map,
Tap the little pointy thing at the top right of your screen and it will put the cursor at your present position AND display the coordinates of that position (e.g. N52.19655, W2.22533). Make a note of them and later, use them to find the location on the submission page map

Another way is to create a Favourite at that spot ...

Tap,
Tap Right Arrow,
Tap Add Favourite,
Tap Right Arrow,
Tap Point on Map,
Tap the little pointy thing at the top right to get your cursor at your present position,
Tap Done
and give it a short name (or leave it with whatever name it gives you).
Then do the same on the submission page when you get home.

It sounds difficult, but give it a try, slowly, at home. Do it a few times until you get the hang of it - you can then easily "Manage Favourites" and delete them all.

We used to have some brilliant software which you loaded into your TomTom. Sadly, TT decided to withdraw the necessary support for using it, so it no longer works with the up to date TT Application.

Come back again for more help if you need it - there are loads of people here just gagging to be helpful.

As a last resort, stay out of Somerset - they're a funny lot down here.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyab99 wrote:
I got caught by a mobile site a few months back in Somerset that wasn't on the database (and yes. I was speeding....... ish) - although it has taken the police nearly 3 months to send through the paperwork Confused

Rolling Eyes

Isn't there somethng it law that say "they" MUST notify you (NIP -Notice of Intended Prosecution) within 21 days or so?? or were you being a little hypothetical in "received paperwork nearly 3 months ago"

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An NIP has to be served on the registered keeper within 14 days. However, in cases such as company cars, hire cars etc there can be a lengthy delay between issue to the keeper and receipt by the driver.

Last edited by Darren on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
An NIP has to be served on the registered keeper within 14 days. However, in cases such as company cars, hire cars etc there can be a lengthy delay between issue to the keeper and receipt by the driver.

"Issued to the keeper" being the definitive timescale, I guess Darren. Thanks for clarification.
Cheers Jumping With Joy
+
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there is no requirement that it arrives with the registered keeper within 14 days. Simply that it is served i.e. sent in sufficient time to allow receipt within 14 days under normal circumstances.

So if it's lost or delayed in the post it does not mean it has not been served!

Try that when submitting your tax return Confused
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
snipped
So if it's lost or delayed in the post it does not mean it has not been served!

Try that when submitting your tax return Confused

Tried and tested? Wink
+
garyab99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - you may be cheering me up here :-) The Notice of Intended Prosecution is dated 21st January 2008, while the 'offence' took place on 28th September 2007. I may be bad at maths, but that's a lttle more than 14 day surely ? And it's a private car, so no delays in relation to hire or company car issues. So do I just write back say - haha TOUGH!!!!! ???

Rolling Eyes
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hived this discussion off to a separate thread as they were OT for the original discussion.

NIPs are a complex area and you should not assume that you have 'gotten away' with this simply because of the time scale.

You would be best advised to consult with a solicitor or review the subject on a site such as Pepipoo. They have some useful advice here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: