Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowie wrote:
Hi Gerry. I have been using the default icons on this system and the previous 6 TT systems i've had. ( Apologies for the slight sarcasm there) Smile

How can you have the 24x24 and the 44x44 working together as I always thought it was one bmp file for each type of camera.

Thanks Steve

What I was meaning was to get back to the default icons so that we know where you are with it. Smile Next I was going to get you to overwrite the default icons with the 24x24 ones. Once that was working OK, I was going to get you to copy across the 44x44 icons into the same folder.

The filename for the small (24x24) icons is the same as the default ones so should overwrite them. The large (44x44) ones end _X2.bmp. This is new in Navcore 7. You need to have both installed.
Brodit ProClip mount
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gerry

Should have read your notes more closely on the download page. I've got the 24x24 icons workin and will test out the 44x44's later as i've just started d/l 715 map of Europe so may take some time!!

Will update you once it's done.

Appreciate your hard work on these and must say they do look a lot better than the old defaults. (Apologies to PGPSW Very Happy Very Happy )
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All working now. Thanks for the advice guys. Very Happy Very Happy
ellelou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: gatso Reply with quote

i would just like to say these are great but are you thinking of putting the word gatso at the top of the other camera signs and are you thinking of making them bigger which would be great Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size is dictated by the device, TomTom have a maximum of 24x24 for the 'on map' icon and 48x48 for the alert at the top left of the display.

We cannot make them any larger as there is no device that supports a larger icon size.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these - seem to work great!
Home 2.7.3.1894
Jibjob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Nuvii 370 Reply with quote

The 24x24 icons look great and work just fine except for the redlight camera icon that looks like a ladder with the rungs coloured green, amber and red as you go up. Any ideas what I have done wrong?!

The larger icons don't appear at all. Sad
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvii 370 Reply with quote

Jibjob wrote:
The 24x24 icons look great and work just fine except for the redlight camera icon that looks like a ladder with the rungs coloured green, amber and red as you go up. Any ideas what I have done wrong?!

The larger icons don't appear at all. Sad

The redlight icon is supposed to look like a set of traffic lights (black background with red, amber and green circles going down) so I expect you have the right icon. Does it look like the one at the bottom right / end of the icon set image on the download page? Confused

What version of software are you running? The large icons only work on TomToms running v7 as far as I know.
Brodit ProClip mount
Jibjob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 370 Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Gerry, great icons btw!

Downloaded all the icons but it is only the redlight one that does not display properly. It looks like it is trying to display it properly but it has lost every other line horizontal line making it look like a ladder.

Software versions are:
Nuvi 370
Software version 4.40
GTM SW version 4.7
GPS SW version 3.00
City Navigator NT v9
Smile
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work!! Very Happy Very Happy

will have a play later/weekend. Just got PC and files back working for Nuvi so having to install all camera manager, webupdater,poiloader etc. again!

i take it its simple to work for the Nuvi360, just change file types so they work with Ash's camera manager?....sorry got a few more pages to get through, so answer may be there? Question Very Happy Very Happy
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 370 Reply with quote

Jibjob wrote:
Downloaded all the icons but it is only the redlight one that does not display properly. It looks like it is trying to display it properly but it has lost every other line horizontal line making it look like a ladder.

Give the 22x22 icon a shot to see if that looks better. I've no idea what they look like on a Nuvi or even if it likes non-square icons. Confused

djben wrote:
i take it its simple to work for the Nuvi360, just change file types so they work with Ash's camera manager?....sorry got a few more pages to get through, so answer may be there? Question Very Happy Very Happy

It's something like: After downloading the files, you have to copy the alternative icons over the default bmp files (with a bit of renaming I believe - see end of page 4) before copying them to your device.

If a Garmin user could give a quick step-by-step that would be useful. Smile
Brodit ProClip mount
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Give the 22x22 icon a shot to see if that looks better. I've no idea what they look like on a Nuvi or even if it likes non-square icons.

Someone here is psychic!!! Watch your PM over the next 24 hours........

Quote:
It's something like: After downloading the files, you have to copy the alternative icons over the default bmp files (with a bit of renaming I believe - see end of page 4) before copying them to your device.

If a Garmin user could give a quick step-by-step that would be useful.

Well that's pretty much it. Make sure the names match the names of the original files and then copy them over the top.

Nuvi screen shot here
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 370 Reply with quote

Jibjob wrote:
Thanks for the reply Gerry, great icons btw!

The redlight icon is the only one in the set that isn't square. Gerry originally made the icons for the TomTom and discoverred that on those units the icons don't need to be square so he did it.
Presumably the Nuvi is stretching it or otherwise getting confused by it.
Just open it in any paint program you have on your PC (MS Paint at a pinch, it's included with Windows) and re-size the icon back to 22x22
missing_user

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, could you add the Garmin Colorado 300 to the list using GerryC's icons.
22 x 22 and 24 x 24.

Consolidated on the left and zonned on the right.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strumble wrote:
Darren, could you add the Garmin Colorado 300 to the list using GerryC's icons. 22 x 22 and 24 x 24.

Done

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: