Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racingzeus wrote:
Hi,
Is there any way of using Camera manager to convert a csv file that I have created myself. The reason i ask is that when I upload this file to my Nuvi the distance that it alerts me of the camera locations is way to early and this sofware is great for setting the alert distance.
If it is not possible to do this is there any other software available to do this.
Cheers
Dave

use cbroms converter for this. see sticky at top of thread Smile

MaFt
jagx400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working perfect so just made you a donation, have a drink on me, Thank you
deleted_user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I seem to be having problems with the overspeed warnings.

I've loaded the cameras onto a Nuvi 660T (ver 4.20) using the latest Full version of the software.

The cameras are sorted by Speed Limit and Type and the timings are unchanged except the redlight camera where I have set the overspeed time to 0.

But, I seem to keep getting the bongs, even when I'm well under the speed limit.

For example this morning, I was approaching a Mobile 50mph camera location, I got the initial warning, then had to stop at traffic lights, and then got another warning for the same camera when I was only travelling at about 10mph.

Is this normal, I thought that the additional warning only sounded if you were still travelling close to the speed limit.

This was also happening when I was moving at about 60mph after the initial warning for mobile 70mph cameras on the motorway.

Is there something that I'm missing, or have I simply misunderstood how this is supposed to work.

Thanks,

Adrian
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For example this morning, I was approaching a Mobile 50mph camera location, I got the initial warning, then had to stop at traffic lights, and then got another warning for the same camera when I was only travelling at about 10mph.

I find this happens too. It's because when your speed gets above 0 again (after stopping) you get the initial alert again.
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the speed warning or the Proximity warning?

deleted_user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt replies, that answers the question about the alarm after being stationary.

I've now changed the settings back to the bongs only, as the voice announcements were getting a bit annoying :o( which is a shame.

I'll have a bit more of a play around with the unit I think, and see how the behaviour changes when using just POILoader, then using Camera Manager.

I'm still puzzled by the constant alerts when I was under the speed limit, I'm assuming that it was a speed alert, as I thought that the proximity alert only sounded when you crossed the line into range then went quiet.

I've got a few more days off work, so I'll have a bit more of a play and see if I can work out where I'm going wrong.

I really like the voice alerts, but if they keep going off, even when under the speed limit, they get on the nerves a bit.
I'll use the bongs for the time being.

Thanks again,

Adrian
deleted_user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it in the end.

Using the "Remove POI's" option in POILoader, then re-installing seemed to eliminate the extra alerts.

Ade
phillik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Still can not get it to work Reply with quote

chippypah wrote:
Tried everything and all it keeps saying is not logged in to pocket world, Help.
Cheers
Pete

I have had to go Vista from XP on my laptop. Somehow I knew I was going to have issues. Tried it before on my home PC's and kept giving up in dismay then going back to XP. SatNav was one application I expected trouble. Ash's Camera Manager was giving these "Not logged on to Pocket..." and "Cannot find database". I tried turning off the IE protected mode and the error changed from the former to the latter. I set Camera Manager as an exception in the Windows firewall with no change. Then I tried a different Internet connection (Mobile Phone) that had no firewall other than Windows. All working. Smile So if you get these errors and your are a member and have logged on the PGPSW web page . Check that you are not behind a corporate or Router firewall ;)
Johnny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: voice prompts not working Reply with quote

I've got the unlocked Camera Manager and downloaded the mp3 files it suggested in the help file. They are all sitting nicely in d:\POI along with the gpx files and the icons with the signs rather than the cameras. Unfortunately I can't get the voices to work (only tried it with a couple of 30MPH cameras. I see a camera icon and a 30MPH icon on the screen.

Any thoughts?
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you made sure that the names are EXactly the same spelling

and on which unit are you doing it

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Johnny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The names are spelt exactly the same except for the extensions. I'm using a Nuvi 660. I have about 120,000 POIs on it - copied loads from here plus MaFTs.

cheers
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the .mp3s play ok on your PC?

Can you get other .mp3s to play on the Garmin - eg music?

Check the MP3 volume setting - touch the power button and see what it is set at.
Johnny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plays MP3s fine. I notice the files are not on the Garmin - are they part of a zipped file created by POI loader or do I have to move them over manually?
Johnny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Doh! Reply with quote

I had an i3 before and it beeped anytime I came near a POI so I turned off POI alerts on the 660 and guess what. Yep they need to be on! Sorry for not realising the blatantly obvious! Embarassed

Update: I now get a bong every time I pass Tesco, or any of the other POIs. I think I'll create a short empty MP3 file and copy and rename it to all the categories and see if that stops it!
nsb2k1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny_Boy, I'm quite new to this but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if you use POIloader in Manual instead of Express you can turn on/off the proximity alerts for individual groups of POIs.

I'm still playing around with Ashs program trying to get the timing of the voice alerts right so they don't drive me mad, but thanks to all who've added to this thread as it's been very useful. Have got the beta 2.4.0.0 POIloader and it puts Wav files onto my Nuvi 200 just fine. Used Audacity to convert them from MP3 versions. Was able to do it without Camera Manager but is far better with it.

Thanks again Ash. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 33 of 77

Jump to: