Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Splash/Antitheft Screens
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Splash/Antitheft Screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat_Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Splash/Antitheft Screens Reply with quote

The 720 seems a bit particular about the bitmaps used for splash screens, for some reason mine has stopped showing the 'antitheft' bitmap and shows the startup splash screen when shutting down.
Notwithstanding this foible I decided to make a fancy new pair of bitmaps using photoshop, saving them with the correct attributes etc. The splash screen displayed but with corruption in the form of a horizontal line across the image, the odd thing is that on subsequent viewing in windows the thumbnail showed the corruption as though the 720 has re-saved the image.
Thought this might be something to do with pixel shape/size of the file saved by photoshop so loaded the original image into windows paint and re-saved the file: no corruption now. BUT the startup splash screen still appears when shutting down, tried factory reset, but no joy, any ideas anyone?

Last edited by Fat_Al on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thought I had... have you forgotten it's actually "antitheftw" for the widescreen models.
Fat_Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you asked the 720 to show it? From the main menu, choose Change preferences, then safety preferences. You should have a list of options one being Warn not to leave the device in the car. If you tick this one, it should show your antitheftw.bmp file when you turn it off.
Brodit ProClip mount
RaptorJesus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar issues with a disappearing shutdown screen when I changed the splash screen. Even though the safety preferences were still selected.

I just added the antitheftw.bmp image to the root directory again and every things back to normal. Wink

P.S I use TomTom splash generator for Resizing and converting any images and have had no probs so far... Smile
Uk&ROI v710.1561
Beer, so much more than just a Breakfast Drink.
Fat_Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
Have you asked the 720 to show it? From the main menu, choose Change preferences, then safety preferences. You should have a list of options one being Warn not to leave the device in the car. If you tick this one, it should show your antitheftw.bmp file when you turn it off.

Thank you, that's what it was, ok now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: