Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie Question 970T Europe V7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Question 970T Europe V7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndySCFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Newbie Question 970T Europe V7 Reply with quote

Hi

Have a couple of questions and not able to see them covered elsewhere

1) I live in Salisbury Wilts and when I use the "Find Car Park" button offo f the guidance screen (the one next to petrol) It refuses to find me a car park in Salisbury!! it tells me the nearest is in Andover 20 miles away!! this is not a huge problem asI know where car parks are and do not use unit in Salisbury just wondered how if poss to fix it (it does work if away from Salisbury)

2) This is my 1st sat nav but borrowed father in laws before and it is very accurate this Via Michelin seems to have about a 1-2 sec delay in otherwords as driving past a petrol station looking at the screen the petrol station is still in front of you its only a second or so is it just a case of knowing this and anticipating it or can it be racalibrated if you like?

Otherwise very impressed with unit. Thanks in anticipation of any replies

Andy

Last edited by AndySCFC on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Question 970T Europe V7 Reply with quote

AndySCFC wrote:
Hi

Have a couple of questions and not able to see them covered elsewhere

1) I live in Salisbury Wilts SP2 7LN and when I use the "Find Car Park" button offo f the guidance screen (the one next to petrol) It refuses to find me a car park in Salisbury!! it tells me the nearest is in Andover 20 miles away!! this is not a huge problem asI know where car parks are and do not use unit in Salisbury just wondered how if poss to fix it (it does work if away from Salisbury)

2) This is my 1st sat nav but borrowed father in laws before and it is very accurate this Via Michelin seems to have about a 1-2 sec delay in otherwords as driving past a petrol station looking at the screen the petrol station is still in front of you its only a second or so is it just a case of knowing this and anticipating it or can it be racalibrated if you like?

Otherwise very impressed with unit. Thanks in anticipation of any replies

Andy

(1) This does not seem to be unusual. The town in which I live has numerous car parks yet there is only one shown on the 970 when I checked. PS Not a good idea to publish your post code as this makes your home address visible to everyone Crying or Very sad

(2) I too have noticed the small delay - could be built in, I just don't know - but have noticed it after leaving a roundabout when I have gone about 10 to 20 meters then told "Leave the roundabout" The other times have been when I have passed a 'Speed check' sic, and it is still showing 50 meters to go.

Laast night, among other irritations, I was getting continuous warnings of speed checks on the M25 and the warning speed icon was showing zero '0'

I could be a very good device, but there are still some little things to be sorted.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Laast night, among other irritations, I was getting continuous warnings of speed checks on the M25 and the warning speed icon was showing zero '0'

Exactly the same happens on the M42 around Birmingham and is likely due to the fact that as on the M25 these are variable speed cameras and so the limit can be anything between 0 and 70 I guess.

And yes, I live in a town not far from Bath where we have at least 6 car parks but only 1 or 2 get recognised
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near Fareham and it only shows one Car Park whereas there are quite a few in thw town.
Cartography Edition 2007

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: