Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GM2ITN Google Map To TomTom Itenary Free & Legal Program
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GM2ITN Google Map To TomTom Itenary Free & Legal Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: GM2ITN Google Map To TomTom Itenary Free & Legal Program Reply with quote

GM2ITN Google Map To TomTom Itenary

Just found this on the web designed by Meg from Australia - I have tried this and works very well and easy to operate: http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_52867/tm.htm

You simply go to google maps, paste in your link into the HTA program and it converts it into an easy to use tomtom ITN file, which you then import into your tomtom.

Very easy, very good, full instructions on the site - enjoy!

I quote:

Quote:
Google Maps as you know lets you create a route on a map and then save it as driving directions.
This script will take that one step further and create a file that you can load onto your Tomtom GPS.

Create a new file on your computer called GM2ITN.HTA and paste the attached code into it.
Usage instructions are displayed in script.
Save the itinerary file it creates on your PDA here \Program Files\Navigator\itn

Enjoy.

What is an HTA file?

Quote:
HTA stands for "HTML Application". It's a concept from the research kitchens of Microsoft and works with all computer running Explorer browsers 5.0 and above. HTA understands everything the browser understands including HTML and CSS code. Microsoft described an HTA as running much like an .exe file.

Essentially you are creating your own HTML script from Meg's code that will then operate on your computer, and change a google map link into an ITN file which can then be used in tomtom - very neat if you don't like using tomtom home: http://www.slashgear.com/tomtom-and-google-partner-to-offer-send-to-gps-option-039339.php
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaky
Yes, Google maps is great when it comes to planning an Itinerary. Free too. To be able to plan a route on your desk top and then place it onto your PDA is a dream come true. I use a different method to you but the result is the same. My method is to plan the route on Google Maps, copy the Link and then go to http://houghi.org/tomtom/index.php and follow the instructions. In the blink of ones eye the file is converted to an Itn file and one is ready to rumble. Perfect. However, I will try your method and see how they compare.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaky
The other day someone on the Forum advised me to try a small programme called ‘Tyre’. It works in conjunction with Google Maps and makes planning an Itinerary a cinch. Its free and can be found at http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

Once mastered I cant think of any easier way of planning a route. Its as good as it gets. If you haven’t already tried it I suggest you do so.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Megabyte1024
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your interest Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest in my HTA.

Just wanted to let you know that someone found a city where the program does not work. Other online implementations like Houghi's don't work at this city either. Don't know about the tomtom home version though.

Feel free to download an updated version of my HTA from here:
http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_52867/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#62808

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: