Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Looking For Bank Account Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Bank Account Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iain51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Looking For Bank Account Software Reply with quote

Hi

I think this is the correct forum for this question, but if I've got it wrong, I apologise! (I know this is primarily a GPS related site, but it looks like there's a lot of knowledge around!)

I've just ordered a 2210, and one of the pieces of software I want ASAP is a decent banking program. Currently, I've got a Psion 3mx and am running DPBank. This is an excellent program - very easy and quick to enter transactions and it handles auto descriptions, standing orders, transfers etc. These are very important!! Also, it should be able to run as a stand alone app, I don't want to have to do the majority of work on the PC.

Having searched the web, the majority of programs I've found seem to be ones for storing your bank details, ie account number, address, etc. Rolling Eyes That's not a banking program!

One program that I have found that looks pretty good is mcBank. Has anyone tried this? Comments? (My iPAQ doesn't arrive until Weds! Sad )

TIA
Iain
Iain51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other one that looks worth of consideration is RMR Bank. Any comments?
Iain51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after having a play I've settled on SPBFinance It's not perfect, but it'd definitely the best one I've found.
graphic-solutions
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Iain
We use M$ Money for all our home accounts and there is a PCC version which I have not tried, but if it's close to the PC version then it might be worth a go. It's a freebie on Microsofts site, but to save a long winded search there email me at paul@graphic-solutions.co.uk and I'll email you a link.

Regards
Paul
Iain51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paul, but I'm more than happy with SPBF :D
juwlz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Try Cash Organiser Reply with quote

Hi

You might also want to take a look at Cash Organizer from www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php

I tried SPB Finance (and have had another look at it since they brought out v1.5.3 which now allows regular scheduled transactions), and still find Cash Organizer easier and more comprehensive to use. Parts of the user interface are a little bit unorthodox in places, but the basic job of entering and reconciling transactions is very straightforward, and unlike SPB Finance, you can start typing your transaction's category and it will autocomplete (and/or take you to the right place in the category list) which is much quicker to do than having to pick it from a list every time as you do with SPBF.

For those who need it, Inesoft also have a synchronisation option to synch with M$Money on a PC. Before trying Cash Organizer, I also tried M$Money and Pocket Money, but found M$Money of the PC taking over instead of leaving me in control, and Pocket Money far too simplistic.

I'm also an ex-Psion user and used RMRBank on the Psion. I started off using this on the PPC too, but found the UI slow. Also, the look-ahead function that I used to use a lot to predict the state of my bank account at the end of the month hadn't been implemented on the PPC.

Cash Organizer has a huge selection of reports too, and they can be exported to html, text or Pocket Excel files. All in all it's the best personal finance app I've ever seen for a handheld.

I have no connection with Inesoft - I'm just a very satisfied user.
Iain51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie, thanks for the comprehensive post! :D

I will take a look at Cash Organizer, but I'm not sure whether I'll switch having already splashed out on SPBFinance! If CO has a decent look ahead option (SPBF doesn't) then I might be tempted! That's the one thing I really miss from my Psion's DPBank.

Cheers
Iain
juwlz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Sorry I didn't catch you earlier Reply with quote

You're welcome Iain - I'm only sorry I didn't spot your post until after you'd splashed out for SPBF.

Julie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: