Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Third Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Trust us...
We are NOT talking about software versions or GPS hardware. We are talking about how TomTom themselves refer to the devices privately (and how they are identified in Home).

The correct name for the latest model ONE is the "3rd Edition". It is categorically not a "v3" - that's just what people who don't know tend to call it.

OK, point taken. But judging by the number of misuses of the term just in this thread, it would seem you have an uphill battle ahead of you. I, at least, will change my terminology.

Jon
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the advice. I think I'm a little less confused now. To get a One with an SD slot I have to get any that is not called a 3rd edition. The difficulty there is that most of the online retailers are not calling it 3rd edition either and, living where I do, I can't just go into a store and look at one.

I might just stick to Navigator 6 until I can afford a Go. Assuming that TT doesn't do away with the SD slot in those. Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspencer wrote:
...judging by the number of misuses of the term just in this thread, it would seem you have an uphill battle ahead of you. I, at least, will change my terminology.

Jon

Totally agree with you there!
I had an email flyer from Maplin or CPC yesterday offering several different "V3" packages.

Of course it doesn't really matter UNTIL, people ask for help in a forum such as this, where much time gets wasted working out exactly what model someone has, before you can start trying to help.
In the good old days, all TomToms worked pretty much the same except for obvious differences like whether you had text-to speech or not; but now it's a different kettle of fish! Knowing what actual model is being discussed gets pretty important and many people DO refer to the "V" numbers as reported by Home.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go for a One XL as they all come with an SD slot.
moofoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Favourites question Reply with quote

Just a quick question...

I used to have a Pocket PC (iPAQ) with TomTom Navigator 5 software but this has since broken so I can't use it any more. It used to really annoy me that it was only capable of saving 20 favourite locations on it. I am now thinking of getting a TomTom One V3 as a replacement and wondered if someone could tell me how many favourites you can store on it?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 is the limit for favourite locations, although I would use a custom home made POI file to store locations, this way you can have thousands of location.
When I say "Home Made" I don't mean using TomTom Home software, I thought this should be pointed out - just create a POI category on the device and add the locations to it - Mike
moofoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me so soon Mike. That sounds really good and I think I will treat myself to a new TomTom unit!!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try for a One XL rather than a "3rd Edition"?
snarf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone made any progress on recovering the help options via the custom menu?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading that someone with more brains than most had hacked into the system deep enough to see all the menu codes and there was NO mention of the Help Me and Map Correction items, so they are coded in a totally different way, not through the .mnu
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I remember reading that someone with more brains than most had hacked into the system deep enough to see all the menu codes and there was NO mention of the Help Me and Map Correction items, so they are coded in a totally different way, not through the .mnu

That was actually in the first message of this thread. I suspect that snarf was wondering if, in the intervening 5 months, someone had found the magic cookie that got one past that roadblock. It sounds like the answer is no.

Jon
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to revise my previous message. While nobody has found a way to have both the custom menu and the original Help Me and Map Correction menu items simultaneously, someone has created a program to switch between the two on the fly using just the TomTom menu, without connecting to a computer.

The program is called MenuTT and is located here:

http://www.tomtomheaven.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=29

This page is in French, but not to worry, when you download the program you find that there is a Read Me file in English, which explains how to install and use the program.

There are a couple of items that deserve explanation:

1. There is a folder called icones_optionnelles. In English, this is optional icons and it's just what it says. You can use these icons instead of the default ones. Make sure you put the optional ones in the right place -- the two icons go in different folders. There is also an optional sound file (the program plays a short sound file at the switch).

2. When the switch occurs there is a delay of about 10 seconds and the TomTom goes back to the Legal Notice screen. You lose any planned routes you had running in the process.

3. In the documentation he says he will let you find the icon to get back to the custom menu. Here's a hint -- open the PDF in the optional icons folder.

Jon
vinniet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ... I tried the TTMenu and could not get it to work. I want to have it switch from my custom menu to the original TT one. I would think this could be simple to setup.

If anyone got this working, please let me know how.
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinniet wrote:
Hello ... I tried the TTMenu and could not get it to work. I want to have it switch from my custom menu to the original TT one. I would think this could be simple to setup.

If anyone got this working, please let me know how.

Worked for me. What did it do, if anything?

Remember, since you have to modify the menu to get the custom menu, you also have to modify the menu again to see the TTMenu icon.

Jon
guru-cat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: What a pitty Reply with quote

Please inform me if someone finds the way to keep the existing menu of TomTom ONE Third Edition Europe Version 7.166, just adding Itinerary planning & Manage POIs

And keeping TomTomSafety Cameras, Map corrections & Help me.

I don't understand why you are unable to do it if you did a menu of 8 pages!!

I don't know why TomTom has hidden all these important options!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Thank you guys! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: