Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 720 and LG Phone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 720 and LG Phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: GO 720 and LG Phone Reply with quote

The first 2 720's I got both had to be returned because of the faulty mic problem. Both gave me a handsfree bluetooth connection to My LG KG800. The first 720 I updated the software before connecting. The second I tried straight out of the box and it connected fine. Today I collected my 3rd 720 and it won't give me a handsfree connection - only a data connection. Is there anything I can try? Would updating the software help. This one is on Version 7.010. I know this phone isn't on the approved list but I don't see why it worked with the first 2 and not this one. I tried my wife's Samsung phone and it connects fine and gives a good clear connection both ends so at least I've got one that works, if not with my phone!

John
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are having the exact same problem i was having with my 710. you should try running the clear flash tool. It is also for the x20 models. have a look Here and it will also tell you how to install it. If you can please post your findings for us all to see if it worked for you. Good luck.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the clear flash tool. The problems it appears to solve didn't relate to mine and it seemd to pertain to sd cards. I have found a work around for my LG phone problem though. When I tried to hook the 720 up to the the phone it would run it's interrogation for features but would stop with an error at 40% saying phone disconnected. I then had the option to retry or continue. If i retried it stopped with the same error again. If I continued it reported I could use the phone but I only had a data connection. I subsequently found that if when it stopped with the error at 40% I turned my phone off and on again (so re-establishing the connection) and hit continue, it would complete to 100% and I would have all features including handsfree. Still not quite plain sailing though as I found that when I tried to use handsfree in practice (ie LG phone had bluetooth enabled) and I turned the 720 on it would supposedly connect to the phone but it wouldn't make or receive calls. I've found that if I then turn the phone off and on again it seems to work ok. Not ideal but something I can live with.

Ian, did the clearflash tool work for you?

John
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what was happening with me and i was told to run the Clear Flash tool by TT and as you said the problem was not listed. It is not just for the SD cards it works on the internal memory also. You should give it a try. I will try an find the post of my fault and will post it here for you to read.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodge wrote:

Ian, did the clearflash tool work for you?

Have a look here and see how it worked for me and others also.
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian, I've downloaded the clearflash tool but I'm a bit nervous about using it. I've made a note of the instructions for future reference. This is my 3rd 720 in a week. The first 2 had the faulty mic problem and when I did an update on this one I got the flashing red circle and white cross. I was up til the early hours this morning trying to get it going again and now that it is I think I'll leave well alone for now.

John
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest anyone that has uesd the Clear Flash tool that i know of has not had any problems. TomTom also say that it will not effect the running of the machine in any way. If you have'nt, download the Flash Tool from here and then install it and then do a Factory Reset straight away.

Also if you are worried about doing it you should make a full back-up using windows explorer, You can do it from #1 of the FAQ's you can find here and that way you have nothing to lose as you can go gack to your back-up.

It is your choice but you will be surprised if you give it a try. Wink
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, my current situation is that my GO 720 will receive calls ok with my LG K800 but if I try and make a call my TT says to check my phone. If I then turn the phone off and on again and hit redial on the TT then it seems to work. I've tried my old Sony Ericsson T610 and that works fine for both incoming and outgoing calls. Yesterday I tried the Clear Flash tool. Found it a bit confusing as I wasn't sure if it 's an application that you install to your pc and then run. i just keep pressing the right arrow to continue and it seemed to do something. I pressed the reset button next and when I tried out handsfree on my T610 I got a connection but no sound either end. I tried voice recognition and the mic wasn't working. I pressed the reset button again and everything seems to be back as it was.

I now realise that after running the Clear flash tool I should have done a factory reset rather than press the reset button (although there is no mention of this on the TomTom page where you download Clear Flash from). I didn't realise there were 2 different kinds of reset. Is it worth me trying Clear Flash again with a Factory reset? Or shall I just settle for things as they are? The LG K800 is not on the approved list so maybe it just isn't compatible. I'm tempted to leave things as they are as every time I try to fix one problem I seem to create another.

John
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually I found this on the TomTom website which answers my question ....

Question
Why can’t I make a phone call from my TomTom device when using the LG KG800 Chocolate phone?
Answer
After the person you were talking to ends the phone call, you may find that you can’t dial out from your TomTom device when using the LG KG800 Chocolate phone. This is caused by an LG-specific implementation of Bluetooth on LG phones.

As a workaround, we advise you to make calls directly from the phone instead of the TomTom device. You can still accept or reject calls on your TomTom device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: