Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP - wrong product in box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - wrong product in box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat that PayPal will not pay a penny if the seller has no funds in their account, which obviously they won't have, as this is a scam!

I have been there and talk from experience.

Don't wait for a PayPal refund as vibeone seems to think will happen, because it never will except in your dreams.

PayPal which are owned by eBay, are as useless as a chocolate teapot.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- double post -

Last edited by vibeone on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I care whether you've "been there done that' or whatever.

You are very simply, WRONG.

But the proof will be in the pudding won't it - lets see what happens.

If the claim is found in her favour, she will be covered.

*IF* The bloke had money in his account, she could possibly get it all back - but thats very unlikely.

I will I had the email from paypal telling me I'd be getting £50 back and they would continue to try and get funds from him for the rest.

the £150 (£50 in my case.. grr) is guaranteed if it is found in her favour - paypal stand the cost.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my comments, and there are millions of people that have not got a penny from PayPal refunded.

Just do a Google search.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
I stand by my comments, and there are millions of people that have not got a penny from PayPal refunded.

Just do a Google search.

Oh don't worry - ive read most of the paypal sucks site, along with firefox sucks, and whatever else sucks.

dont get me wrong - paypal is a pain in the arse at times - and I've read all the horror stories with people losing £x,000s, but im talking about this specific case, and your information that you are presenting as fact is wrong.

Please feel free to read https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_protections-buyer-outside

and in fact I think I've spotted the issue here.

Paypal in the US does NOT 'protect' the payment - and it will only be refunded if the seller has funds available.

Not so in the UK - £150 is protected. Not sure why it differs, but compare the link above with the US version.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
Paypal in the US does NOT 'protect' the payment - and it will only be refunded if the seller has funds available.

Not so in the UK - £150 is protected. Not sure why it differs, but compare the link above with the US version.

probably all to do with distance buying regulations and banking codes (from memory paypal is legally classed as a bank)

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:

I had two eBay items fail to arrive last year. The seller blamed me and suggested I was trying it on. Filed a PayPal complaint and got nothing as whilst PayPal found in my favour, the sellers payPal account was empty and so they could not reclaim my payment. These were both items under £100.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
vibeone wrote:

I had two eBay items fail to arrive last year. The seller blamed me and suggested I was trying it on. Filed a PayPal complaint and got nothing as whilst PayPal found in my favour, the sellers payPal account was empty and so they could not reclaim my payment. These were both items under £100.

Then I'm baffled. My item arrived but was not as specified.

It was a electric window kit, and loom for my car. I emailed the bloke to make sure the loom was included, he said it was. It then turned out it wasn't.

He lied to paypal and said he had said it wasn't suitable for my car, but they found in my favour and returned £50 (at the time that was the max - its now £150).

I guess you are only protected if there is some form of evidence - like what turned up (which the seller admitted was what he sent), and the ebay listing.

Darren I know you wouldn't - but you COULD have been trying it on, and there is no other proof. I guess thats why. In this case however - eclaire should get £150 back.

I will copy some of my claim corespondance below...
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear xx,

We are in the process of investigating the following claim:

Transaction Date: 1 Aug 2006
Transaction Amount: -66.00 GBP
Your Transaction ID: xx
Seller’s Transaction ID xx Case Number: xx Seller's Name: xxSeller's Email: xx

Thank you for providing the online tracking information for the item being returned. The tracking information has been also sent to the seller. Once delivery of the item is confirmed, a refund will be issued.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Protection Services Department

then...

Quote:
Dear xx,

We have completed our investigation into the claim detailed below.

It has been determined that the seller was at fault, and as a result, we have recovered funds on your behalf. 51.00 GBPhas been credited to your account. This is the maximum amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programme.

If your claim was for more than the amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programme, the balance of the claim is due to you directly from the seller. We will make our best effort to recover the remaining balance from the seller on your behalf.

PayPal will also take appropriate action against the seller in this case.
Actions may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or termination of their account. PayPal uses a number of factors to determine what type of action to take, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we are unable to discuss the details of any action. We hope you understand our policy and appreciate that it ensures your safety when using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller’s Transaction ID: xx Case Number: xx Seller's Name: xx Seller's Email: xx

and finally...

Quote:
Dear xx,

We have concluded our investigation into the following claim:

Seller’s Transaction ID: xx Case Number: xx Seller's Name: xx Seller's Email: xx

Delivery of the returned item has been confirmed and a refund will be issued. 51.00 GBPhas been credited to your account. This is the maximum amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programme.

If your claim was for more than the amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Programme, the balance of the claim is due to you directly from the seller. We will make our best effort to recover the remaining balance from the seller on your behalf.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Protection Services Department

So I'm sorry if people have experienced different outcomes, but the highlighted paragraph is the important it. As I said, this was for a item not as described issue - which is what eclaire has.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this will be of help to eclaire or any of the other buyers, but here is the case history....

6 Sep. 2006 PayPal Seller’s action requested
6 Sep. 2006 PayPal Claim granted
6 Sep. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
6 Sep. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
6 Sep. 2006 PayPal Refund initiated
23 Aug. 2006 PayPal Case under review
20 Aug. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
20 Aug. 2006 Buyer Return sent
18 Aug. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
18 Aug. 2006 Seller Refund buyer upon receipt of item
17 Aug. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
17 Aug. 2006 Seller Dispute escalated to claim
16 Aug. 2006 PayPal Email sent to seller
17 Aug. 2006 Buyer Dispute filed
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
Darren I know you wouldn't - but you COULD have been trying it on, and there is no other proof. I guess thats why. In this case however - eclaire should get £150 back.

It's possible that the protection has been improved since my issues but even back then as far as Paypal is concerned, unless the seller can PROVE delivery then a non-delivery complaint is accepted without fail.

All eBay sellers are expected to be able to prove delivery as per eBay's terms.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
vibeone wrote:

It's possible that the protection has been improved since my issues but even back then as far as Paypal is concerned, unless the seller can PROVE delivery then a non-delivery complaint is accepted without fail.

All eBay sellers are expected to be able to prove delivery as per eBay's terms.

true - When was your claim? As you can see from above, my claim was about a year ago - when they only covered £50 Sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
true - When was your claim? As you can see from above, my claim was about a year ago - when they only covered £50 Sad

Just looked up the correspondence and it was actually two years ago! So that may explain the change in protection, a good thing for certain.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, no reply from paypal as yet, but seller has signed for the returned item and we have emailled the number to paypal
claire:-}
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another link to clarify things again - this was updated June 07.

You have to be careful on ebay and paypal not to be booted over to the US sites, where protection differs.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200705081459002.html

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: