Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NavMan ICN750 no longer supported - HELP!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NavMan ICN750 no longer supported - HELP!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antsm1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Well here is my reply from Navman Reply with quote

Got my response from Navman regarding my ICN750 today.
To say that I am not happy is an understatement as I only bought the unit 5 months ago from Tesco brand new!

I sent them an unhappy email in return shall we say, and look forward to their response. That will determine if I buy Navman again.
I advise all owners of ICN7xx series units to contact Navman asking for updated maps.......... if enough people do you never know, they may change their minds!! Question

Here is their response:

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Navman support.

Un fortunately we will not bring out anymore updates for the iCN700 series as we brought out one update in March this year.

However, we do offer our customers an upgrade of their unit. This means that you would send us your unit and for a discounted price you can purchase one of our new units (S30 or S70).

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

xxxxx
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my responce a moment ago and got exact duplicate of antsm1974's email. I always like the personal touch and see that Navman are useing a no expence spared approch.

Now I'm going to phone them and see if they will give me a deal on a S90i for my troubles.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
antsm1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
I got my responce a moment ago and got exact duplicate of antsm1974's email. I always like the personal touch and see that Navman are useing a no expence spared approch.

Now I'm going to phone them and see if they will give me a deal on a S90i for my troubles.

Please let us know what they offer you!!

Thanks
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAVMAN wrote:
The S90i would be availbale for the upgrade offer when we get them in stock.
Please have a look on our website and as soon as they are in stock we can go ahead with the upgrade of your unit.
You would get the S90i for £249.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

You can currently buy the navman from the navman store for £249 so this is not an offer. So I am going to reply to this email again asking for a deal. Evil or Very Mad

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can currently buy the navman from the navman store for £249 so this is not an offer. So I am going to reply to this email again asking for a deal. Evil or Very Mad

Good luck....and you could buy it cheaper (just a little cheaper) elsewhere Wink

Graham
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Good luck....and you could buy it cheaper (just a little cheaper) elsewhere Wink

This is not just a cost cutting exercise. This is a fight for the idividual rights of the consumer against the might of the corperations of this world, which if I do get it a bit cheeper, all the better! Very Happy
Stop it!

minime1984
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have a icn720 and was told the same thing, so i update to the s series for the update maps. The 2007 maps still had most of the missing roads i had on my icn and the s series turn out to be full of faults. I sent back my s90i and have ordered the n60i. if i were you i would keep your icn, it maybe old with a few roads missing but it is reliable.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minime1984 wrote:
if i were you i would keep your icn, it maybe old with a few roads missing but it is reliable.

I am more interested in their accutal responce, which incidentaly they have yet to reply to, but I fear you are right, and may have to accept that I will be keeping my ICN750 for a little while longer. The fact is that Navman have been a bit hasty is removing support for this product, and as such need to know that their customers are not happy about it. If I can obtain a deal through a little negotiation with Navman for their mistake then a few readers of this post may be happier about Navman on a whole and anyone is welcome to take it up or leave it as they choose.

As for the faults you report on the S range, I read in another post that Navman will have a bugfix out in january. Just in time for the sales! Twisted Evil

robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recurring thing about Navman over the last 3 years has definitely been "We got your money, now go away and don't bother us becuase we are now working on the next shiny toy".

Caveat Emptor
AirCooledHeaven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: iCN700 and map updates... Reply with quote

Oh Great! Only bought my 750 from tesco in May this year. Only 5 months from new and obsolete!
Laughing Out Loud![/quote]

Welcome to Navman ownership!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: iCN700 and map updates... Reply with quote

AirCooledHeaven wrote:
Oh Great! Only bought my 750 from tesco in May this year. Only 5 months from new and obsolete!
Laughing Out Loud!

Welcome to Navman ownership![/quote]

If it works, it is not obsolete. It's no different to any modern gadget. Yes, it may not the the latest, but for instance Win95 still works and does a job and I'm sure you can think of other examples. Maybe, obsolete in absolute terms, but think on the bright side. Wink Laughing
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, it may not the the latest, but for instance Win95 still works and does a job and......

Despite all it's flaws Mirco$oft at least publishes, years ahead, the dates that it's products will no longer be sold, and then no longer be supported. I remember getting dozens of emails telling me to downlaod all the drivers and updates for Win95 in the months leading up to termination of it's support.

In contrast, Navman just tells you that they nolonger support product x. I bet if you asked Navman how long map updates for the S series would be avalible, they would not be able to give you an answer.

Also you are comparing a product that was released over 10 years ago, that support ended for about 3-4 years back (?) against Navman products that were released last year and are no longer supported. Thats a BIG difference.

If you do something and it hurts, are you the kind of persoon who does it again, and is surprised it still hurts? If you percieve Navman have let you down, do you buy another Navman product, and expect the result to be different next time?

Although I am bagging Navman, they are not the only ones in this industry at fault. Maybe the fault is customer perception vs supplier perception of whats reasonable, but there is a problem here, and the manufacturers have an obligation to the industry as a whole to resolve this.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertn wrote:
Maybe the fault is customer perception vs supplier perception

Maybe it's Christmas, a GPS Christmas by all accounts and Navman don't want to miss out on their slice. Even though I like the product I still feel pushed aside! Sad

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antsm1974 wrote:
Please let us know what they offer you!!

Navman wrote:
Unfortunately we can't change the prices for the upgrade offer.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Kind regards,

In short, if you don't like it... Evil or Very Mad

This responce I was expecting so the answer is keep what you've got if it is working for you. If not, wait for the sales!

Aikidoana
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I did my research on the iCN 700 series.

The iCN 700 series was launched on end of 2005, the map data is 2005. There was map updates for 2006.
They are not going to release maps for 2007, mainly due to the fact that the new mapping which by the way has speed cameras built in already, will not work on the older models.

Navman doesnt have to release maps.
Its technology things are always getting better.

I took the deal they are offering and Im well content with my new S90i.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: