Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP - wrong product in box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - wrong product in box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would emphasise you get full screen shots of the item auction before it disappears from eBay.

I've grabbed a full set of screen shots. eclaire PM or email me if you want them.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Paul!!
Tried to register it as a dispute with ebay but apparantly i have to wait for 10 days from auction close, so that will be the 26th
claire:-}
Pufin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which means others will be dupped as well, as soon as a winner comes up email them at least try to stop any cash from being transfered.

Two TomTom 500's
App 7.161 GPS v1.21 Boot 4.8600 Map Western_Europe_1GB v710.1561
Installed on 2gig sd cards.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get his address and go around and explain what a **** he has been and get a refund in cash or kind Twisted Evil
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats's what my OH had in mind....Laughing Out Loud!!
4 negs, including mine, all saying the same thing.
Not heard from the seller, will be filing it as a dispute with ebay tommorow.
now i am looking out for real bargain 910's (as opposed to rip offs) but i might wait till after christmas as they will probably be cheaper then
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strange thing is that the seller has a history of retailing jeans and underwear, not SatNavs - perhaps this is a case of stolen identity or a partner using the account, I would try again to request e-bay intervene early with this case (and the other similar ones listed) as they have a duty of care to their customers be them sellers or buyers - the seven day rule is a smoke screen IMHO.

I see the seller has no more goods for sale, a shame really as it would have been nice to post some difficult questions against the sale, followed by asking e-bay why the questions were not displayed.

As always if something looks to good to be true it often is, although I would say the advert was deliberately misleading - Mike
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont panic eclaire - Ebay have honoured bad deals twice for me now. The advert is completely misleading so you should be fine.

Unfortunately Ebay is full of these folk so I have long since stopped dealing with Ebay.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to file a dispute with ebay today but that just takes you back to paypal and we have already filed a dispute/claim with them so now its just wait and see.

There are now 6 negatives that all say the same - wrong product in a 910 box- so that should go in our favour and hopefully everyone will get their money back from the seller or from paypal.

apparantly the seller has till the 4th december to respond with what she is going to do, otherwise paypal will find in our favour. i presume that means we will get the money back.

shaun43uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eclaire

I would also suggest you post all the details in the account protection/spoof section in the ebay forum.

http://answercentre.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=8016

a lot of good advice given there.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - will post once all is resolved. have sent the whole box and contents back to the seller today as requested by paypal
bdchme
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as i have found out to my cost, not.
Paypal can only recover the money if he either has a) paypal funds in his account or b) a valid credit card.
If he has withdrawn funds to his bank, paypal cannot recover the money from his balance. If he has cancelled the credit card linked to his paypal account then they cannot recover the funds that way either,
I'm afraid when that happens, paypal simply leave the seller with a negative account balance, but with no means to recover tha balance, you will get nothing. He isnt covered by their paypal protection either.
If you want to see the REAL paypal, take a look at www.paypalsucks.com
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to contact your bank or credit card that is linked to your PayPal account.

I have said before that you will not get anything back from PayPal.

Check here for more information. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchan
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - there is a lot of utter utter rubbish being said in this thread.

Firstly - do NOT contact your credit card company yet - and only do so as a last resort. Paypal are bad with this - they demand you use their methods to get money back. Doing a chargeback will just make them close your account - and you will lose everything.

Secondly, a paypal dispute covers ebay as well (hence why you are redirected to paypal - don't worry about this). However, you could post details on the forums linked above - more publicity the better.

Thirdly, in response to mike who said "I see the seller has no more goods for sale, a shame really as it would have been nice to post some difficult questions against the sale, followed by asking e-bay why the questions were not displayed. " - The seller can choose whether to display each questions asked, or not. Its not demanded of sellers - its their choice. poor - isn't it Sad

Finally, you should get some money back. Regardless of whether he has a credit card on file, or money in his account - I know this because I've been in this situation about a year ago. In my case the first £50 was covered by paypal - regardless of anything else, you should get this, and in fact I believe it has gone up so you may well receive more or the majority back now. I was only owed about £60 back for a badly described item - so I lived with the lost tenner.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: To clarify my post, rather than just spout garbage which could leave eclaire in a worse position, I have found a quote from paypal.

Quote:
Purchase protection on eBay — PayPal Buyer Protection.

When you’re shopping on eBay, look for items that are covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.

With it, you get free protection of up to £500.00 GBP on your purchases. To determine if your item is eligible, look for PayPal Buyer Protection in the Seller Information box on the View Item page. When your transaction isn’t covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, you may still be covered by our Buyer Complaint Policy.

To review guidelines for filing a claim and for specific terms and conditions, please review the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy and Buyer Complaint Policy in our User Agreement.

So basically, if the item had paypal buyer protection, you are covered up to £500 - and if it didn't - you will be covered up to £150 - if they find in your favour (which lets face it they should).

So to repeat: technik/bdchme is very very wrong, and to be honest I'm pretty annoyed - because not only is your advice garbage, but if followed could see buyers in a lot bigger mess than they are at present. If you aren't gonna check your facts, or at least make sure they half resemble the truth - don't bother saying anything!

Wait it out with paypal, and never ever do a chargeback on them except as a last last last possible resort. Hope it works out OK for you eclaire.

EDIT2:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_protections-buyer-outside

Quote:
The majority of eBay transactions are completed quickly and smoothly, but if you don't receive your item or it arrives significantly not as described, then your purchase is protected up to £150. If you buy from a PayPal Verified seller with over 50 feedback (at least 98% positive) then your purchase is protected up to £500.

Last edited by vibeone on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
Thirdly, in response to mike who said "I see the seller has no more goods for sale, a shame really as it would have been nice to post some difficult questions against the sale, followed by asking e-bay why the questions were not displayed. " - The seller can choose whether to display each questions asked, or not. Its not demanded of sellers - its their choice.
Very true, but the questions are still logged on the site when submitted and can be pulled back when dispute occurs - as for the Censored please keep the language down as this is a forum with certain rules Wink - Mike
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mike - re-edited my post.

Just pretty annoyed at the misinformation being posted in this thread that could harm other posters!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: