Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP - wrong product in box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - wrong product in box
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: HELP - wrong product in box Reply with quote

Hi, got a ''910'' off ebay which was supposed to be new with a years warranty. We unpacked it yesterday and the device is definately not a 910, it appears to be a NAVGO unit.

it says Tomtom on it at the bottom and the SD card isnt a tomtom card its a generic SD. It wont recieve GPS in the house and the map just says 'Britain' and is route 66 not tomtom

Can anyone give me any idea of what this is? i am going to contact the seller today. We paid £166 for it

thanks
claire:-}

Last edited by eclaire on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nav'n'Go are software developers of GPS Software, clearly you haven't got a 910 so you need to complain to the seller immediately, it may just be an honest mistake.

Do you have a picture of the device you received? Also what is the link to the original eBay sale or it's item number?
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

item number 150181809085

it isnt looking good as there is another negative about the same item - he had a load for sale at the same time. when we bought he had 100% feedback.

its definitely a navgo with route 66 software - only for britain not the lots of countries specified in the ad, also the size is smaller and no voice to text facility. we cant get it to register a gps signal either, this is fast becoming a disaster.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: HELP - wrong product in box Reply with quote

eclaire wrote:
Hi, got a ''910'' off ebay which was supposed to be new with a years warranty. We unpacked it yesterday and the device is definately not a 910, it appears to be a NAVGO unit.

it says Tomtom on it at the bottom and the SD card isnt a tomtom card its a generic SD. It wont recieve GPS in the house and the map just says 'Britain' and is route 66 not tomtom

Can anyone give me any idea of what this is? i am going to contact the seller today. We paid £166 for it

thanks

Tthe 910 has a built in hard drive and NO SD slot.

It also comes with full Western & Central Europe and North American maps.

You have likely been defrauded.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, time for positive action. Despite the negative I don't think all is lost here.

First, did you pay using PayPal? if so, immediately file a complaint, item significantly not as described.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, have filed with paypal. have also emailled another ebayer who bought a 910 from the same seller to see if they have problems.
its complex as this is meant to be my crissy pressy so i bid on it as me, but my OH payed by paypal so there are two accounts involved.

should have known it was too good to be true....

if i end up keeping this navgo thing - seems to be an SY865 - can i load it with my tomtom maps and things?
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the fixed description it does say Brand: Nav go , and the dimensions are incorrect for a TomTom 910.

The seller has been deliberately misleading.

If you paid with PayPal you should be able to get a refund from your credit card company directly as it is over £100. Paypal themselves are usually not very helpful in getting your money back.
Get a screenshot of the auction in case it is removed.

Goodluck.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
In the fixed description it does say Brand: Nav go , and the dimensions are incorrect for a TomTom 910.

The seller has been deliberately misleading.

If you paid with PayPal you should be able to get a refund from your credit card company directly as it is over £100. Paypal themselves are usually not very helpful in getting your money back.
Get a screenshot of the auction in case it is removed.

Goodluck.

I would actually read that as SATNAV Go 910. The suspicious thing is that there are no pictures of the unit itself, only the box.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an update, this was the second of these ''910's'' that we had bid on from this seller, the first one we were outbidded on.
i just found the name of the winning buyer and emailled him - guess what, his is just the same, a cheap Navgo in a 910 box.
He has filed with paypal as well but has had contact with the seller who apparantly doesnt think she has done anything wrong.
will keep you all informed
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the sellers other feed back? - there are at least two others that have been "duped" in the same way.
The advert is misleading to say the least, the text description states 20GB Hard Drive, which AFAIK is only applicable to the 910 - Mike
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoken to two people now, and they have heard from several more. i just hope everybody is cheking what they have got in their box and not just wrapping it up and putting it away for christmas
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you also alerted eBay themselves?
Would emphasise you get full screen shots of the item auction before it disappears from eBay.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the bit in the listing about not being responsible for items lost or damaged in the post without additional insurance is complete and utter rubbish! This seller has set out to deceive and should be hammered.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Also the bit in the listing about not being responsible for items lost or damaged in the post without additional insurance is complete and utter rubbish! This seller has set out to deceive and should be hammered.

Absolutely, that is a term that is unenforceable, the seller is liable until you have the items. This sale is significantly not as described and PayPal should act to resolve this.
eclaire
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i went back over all the sellers finished items and emailled everyone who had bought a tomtom 910 and told them to check it carefully not juts parcel it up and put it away. So far i have had contact with 5 people who al had the same. i have explained to one guy how to open a paypal dispute, which he has now done, and we have escalated our paypal dispute to a claim.
i have emailled myself the whole ebay page so i have the evidence if they try to remove it.
cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: