Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Marking a point - S90i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Marking a point - S90i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RicksAlfas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Marking a point - S90i Reply with quote

Hi - first satnav and first post here so apologies if it's all been done before!

I'm just getting to grips with my S90i and wondered if there is a way of simply marking a location as you would on a hand held GPS? There's a couple of speed cameras which aren't showing up on the pre-installed list for example and I'd like to "press something" as I'm driving past.
Wink
Great site by the way! I feel I have a lot to learn....
Embarassed
Cheers
Rick
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The positions are worth noting.

Pocket GPS World offers a free lifetime subscription if you send in camera positions which are not present on the database.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Marking a point - S90i Reply with quote

RicksAlfas wrote:
Hi - first satnav and first post here so apologies if it's all been done before!

I'm just getting to grips with my S90i and wondered if there is a way of simply marking a location as you would on a hand held GPS? There's a couple of speed cameras which aren't showing up on the pre-installed list for example and I'd like to "press something" as I'm driving past.
Wink
Great site by the way! I feel I have a lot to learn....
Embarassed
Cheers
Rick

I don't (yet) have an S90i, but it believe it does have Navpix (?). I believe that Navpix will give you the coordinates when you get home so that you can then submit them to PGPSW. All supposition but that would be one way Wink

Welcome to the Forum
RicksAlfas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Marking a point - S90i Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Welcome to the Forum

Thanks!
Yes, it has NavPix so I'll have a go with that. This time of year it's dark both times I go past so it might be a grim pic but if it gives me the coordinates that's all I want.

nortonbeak wrote:
Pocket GPS World offers a free lifetime subscription if you send in camera positions which are not present on the database.

Is this database different from the RoadPilot one already on the S90? Supposedly it's only meant to warn me of cameras raking in cash on my side of the road, but that hasn't been totally accurate so far. Rolling Eyes
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this database different from the RoadPilot one already on the S90? Supposedly it's only meant to warn me of cameras raking in cash on my side of the road, but that hasn't been totally accurate so far.

Allegedly! Yes, it is the most comprehensive safety camera database and, as Nortonbeak says, you can get free lifetime membership just by finding
a previously unreported fixed or mobile camera but see and read the full criteria HERE
I feel that even if you pay the full subscription it is still the best and worth it Wink

This database will give you a warning of both cameras on your side of the road and cameras on the other side, although the S90's database is supposed to differentiate between the two Rolling Eyes
RicksAlfas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Allegedly! Yes, it is the most comprehensive safety camera database and, as Nortonbeak says, you can get free lifetime membership just by finding
a previously unreported fixed or mobile camera but see and read the full criteria HERE
I feel that even if you pay the full subscription it is still the best and worth it Wink

This database will give you a warning of both cameras on your side of the road and cameras on the other side, although the S90's database is supposed to differentiate between the two Rolling Eyes

OK. Thanks! I've had a look at that link and the cameras which are missing off the S90 database are aleady noted on this database so it is clearly more comprehensive. I'll subscribe and have a go at uploading it! I feel I maybe back asking more questions...
Embarassed
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK. Thanks! I've had a look at that link and the cameras which are missing off the S90 database are aleady noted on this database so it is clearly more comprehensive. I'll subscribe and have a go at uploading it! I feel I maybe back asking more questions...

You are very welcome. There is a comprehensive number of members here (tens of thousands!) to exchange views and help you, so feel free to post questions but remember you may find the answer by searching the forums Wink
Aikidoana
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also report the missing cameras to NAVMAn on the Iupdate.

That helps Roadpoilet know.

Also remember most cameras on this site when alerted on your satnav never have and never will exist.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aikidoana wrote:
You can also report the missing cameras to NAVMAn on the Iupdate.That helps Roadpoilet know.

Also remember most cameras on this site when alerted on your satnav never have and never will exist.

If you are referring to the PGPSW site I would question the accuracy of your statement - all the locations of cameras are double checked by the staff and not included in the downloadable POIs until they have been - with the exception of the provisionally submitted mobile cameras, which are difficult to check due to their mobile status. If you are referring to Navman safety cameras, then you could be correct - I have no knowledge of Road Pilot data.
minime1984
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SPEED CAMERAS FROM THIS SITE, THE S90I ONLY TAKES 1200 POI'S AND THE SPEED CAMERA FILE ARE MORE THAN THAT. NAVMAN NO ABOUT THE PROBLEM. Sad
StIvo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman know about the very many problems with the new S series. I've just sent back my second S90i for a refund.

They assure me though that a software patch/upgrade(?) will be out in a couple of weeks and that this will fix all the problems.

Time will tell!
SS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just brought the s90i and i think ill be returning it, Im not prepared to pay 34 quid for there camera database,
I think ill go for the tomtom 720 at least it can play mp3`s

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: