Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a response to my ticket to say that they are aware of a problem with 720's and the new map and that it will be fixed soon.
garlonlarkyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
So i recieved an answer from them regarding my tomtom Xl Iberia coming with v675 maps and not beeing able to use last map guarantee. They say that i need i green card that should came in the box saying "free services" ok so i´ve checked their website and that doesn´t say that anywere.
So my resolution for this is to return this crap to the store
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a thought. Idea Idea

Anita and anybody else with GO720. When you use TT Home to operate your GO, what App version does it show? In TT Home, mine says ...
App 7.200 (8519/040301) OS:1000
But on my device running free it shows ...
App 7.210 (8555/071025) OS:2314.

I wonder if the refusal is due to the wrong App version showing in TT Home??

Anita here's your chance to prove you really are a programmer - how about you worm your way inside TT Home to find out where that is stored and how to change it?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
rjgreaves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got this reply from tomtom:

Quote:
Question Reference No071111-001305
Subject: Map Upgrade
Product: All-In-One Navigation
TomTom GO 720
Category: Maps
Downloads
Operating system PC: Windows Vista
Product Code:
TTApplicationVersion: 7.210
Operation System PDA:
GPS type:
Phone OS:
Browser Type:
Submitted: 11/11/2007 03.05 PM
Last Updated: 15/11/2007 05.39 PM

Discussion Thread
Customer 15/11/2007 05.39 PM
so, if I understand this correctly, I update the map via mapshare eg the new roundabout on kirkam bypass, which I did 12 months ago, and then again last month. but this doesn't show untill the next map update, but there has just been an update? so I have provided the information to you and teleatlas, and now I get to pay to see this on the next map?

something is wrong here?

Response (Zoe Z. (UK)) 15/11/2007 11.28 AM

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map.

The Latest Map Guarantee offer is only available for the first 30 days of purchase. However Map Share allows you to update your maps as you go along so there is not much point in purchasing the latest map.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Should you wish to update your TomTom Question, please log in to your TomTom account via the TomTom website.
Click on 'Support - My Questions History', click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'.

You can also attach documents to the question by clicking on 'Browse' and find the document you wish to attach to the question, then click on 'Add Attachment'.

Customer 11/11/2007 03.05 PM
I have map version 705.1480, and understand that 710 version is available, but tomtom home says I have the latest version (in map guarantee? how do I download this update?

this was purchased 25/9/07.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you send this change in via text or Map Share? - I would think it was the manual method from the dates quoted, but changes to the map can take typically 18 months to filter through to an end product.

The issue with this junction is that the highways agency have also moved the roads in order to connect to the new circle, TeleAtlas will probably drive the new revised layout to ensure the map data is correct prior to updating the map, the submissions we send in of a new junction such as this using MapShare or manual text descriptions just act as a marker that something is different in reality from the map version in use. Who knows when the map will contain the correct layout for that specific location.

I could drive it and datalog the new layout with some very high accuracy GPS kit but I doubt TA or TT would use the data

How many hours did I spend in traffic while they re-constructed the junction? - Being local know doubt you will understand what I mean, doesn't the 30MPH speed limit warning for the first stretch of this road annoy you when you turn off the A583 - Mike
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Anita and anybody else with GO720. When you use TT Home to operate your GO, what App version does it show? In TT Home, mine says ...

Sorry to dash a glimmer of hope, Dennis, but mine shows exactly the same as yours, i.e.
Home = App 7.200 (8519/040301) OS:1000
Device = App 7.210 (8555/071025) OS:2314

DennisN wrote:
Anita here's your chance to prove you really are a programmer - how about you worm your way inside TT Home to find out where that is stored and how to change it?

I wouldn't know where to begin, Dennis. Laughing My programming experience started in 1968, using the long-forgotten languages NEAT and Language H on an equally long-forgotten machine - an NCR-Elliott 4100. I left in 1972 to raise my family and went back from 1988 - 1991 using the slightly not-so-long-forgotten COBOL.

But I'm sure there are many young whipper-snappers on this forum who could do as you suggest.
Samsung Galaxy S21
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest answer for me tonight ...
Quote:
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

The latest map under the map guarantee is not currently available. The map online if for purchase and not part of the map guarantee.

With Best Regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 14/11/2007 09.12 PM
Does this mean that the Western Europe v7.10 maps for GO720s which have been available to purchase from your website for two weeks are for different GO720s from mine?

Does waiting 14 business days mean that any new map will not be available to me under the Latest Map Guarantee?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response 14/11/2007 08.45pm
Dear ,

As per my last email the map has not yet been released and will not be available to you until it has been released for your device.

Whenever we reply to an email the status changes to answered.

We apologize for any inconveniece this matter may have caused you.

With Best Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 14/11/2007 08.41 PM
This matter is NOT resolved, so I cannot understand why you have marked it "answered".

How can you say the latest map for my device has not yet been released when I told you on 7th November, one week ago, that your website is offering map version 7.10 for sale?

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=57&Language=1&P=421

I have a friend on the pocketgpsworld.com website who has downloaded the map v710.1632 from your website using her Latest Map Guarantee.

It'll be alright on the night!!

xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my response about the upgrade problem.
Quote:

Response (Tim R. (UK)) 15/11/2007 08.28 AM
Dear Mr *****,

You can check this in TomTom HOME 2 and this no longer requires the map check code.

Checking in TomTom HOME 2 is easy:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of TomTom HOME 2 installed on your computer

2. Connect your device to your computer

3. In the 'File' menu click 'Use Latest Map Guarantee'. NOTE: if this option is not shown then your device already has the latest map.

You can check as many times as you like within 30 days from the date you first use your TomTom device.

With Best Regards,

To which I replied:

Customer (Graham *****) 15/11/2007 01.25 PM
This does not answer the question.
1. I have the latest version of Home 2 installed.
2. Use latest Map Guarantee IS SHOWN thus indicating that I DON'T have the latest map. (As stated in your answer no.3)
Home 2 then tells me I have the latest maps.
Yet I see numerous posts in Pocketgpsworld from users of the Go720 who purchased their Go 720's when they were first shipped and have been able to upgrade their maps via home 2.
The fact that a later version is shown on your web site is a clear indication that there is a later version.

This was their reply to the above.

Response (Tim R. (UK)) 15/11/2007 02.42 PM
Dear Mr *****

We would like to thank you for your message to TomTom Customer Support.

Please contact us by using the telephone number given below:

Tel: 0845 161 0009

You can reach us on this number Monday - Friday between 08.00 and 18.30 UK time.

Our Contact details can also be found on our website at:-
http://www.tomtom.com/368

Please ensure that you have made a backup of your TomTom, to find out how, please take a look at :- http://www.tomtom.com/3171
Also, please ensure that you are by a computer and that you have all of your TomTom Accessories with you.

When you call us, please quote the Reference Number of this email communication:- 071111-000098

With Best Regards,

TomTom Customer Support Team

Will see what happens when I call them.

This would seem to be a problem with either Home 2 which according to them should only give you the upgrade option IF YOU DON'T have the latest maps or their system saying you have when Home 2 is saying you haven't.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you report the problem by email or you report same problem afterwards by phone, how the situation is different? Is there a beef by phone?
The TomTom Support has totally missed the ball. The Latest map guarentee doesn't work and somebody in the development cannot accept this.
I have now reported two weeks about this with same reference, still waiting a resolution.

They could finally approve this failure of operation and offer to download the latest map from their site free to all Go720 users. Clean and easy way to get satisfied customers. Most of these customers has bougth their device before the price drop.
SatMonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

The 1st Line Support Guy "Jeff F. (UK)" is aware of the problem with the 720 and the map Map Guarantee - 2nd Line Support is aware that it's broken.

Suggest that you guys get hold of "Jeff F. (UK)" as he aware of the problem.
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Sorry to dash a glimmer of hope, Dennis, but mine shows exactly the same as yours, i.e.
Home = App 7.200 (8519/040301) OS:1000
Device = App 7.210 (8555/071025) OS:2314

DennisN wrote:

I wouldn't know where to begin, Dennis. Laughing My programming experience started in 1968, using the long-forgotten languages NEAT and Language H on an equally long-forgotten machine - an NCR-Elliott 4100. I left in 1972 to raise my family and went back from 1988 - 1991 using the slightly not-so-long-forgotten COBOL.

But I'm sure there are many young whipper-snappers on this forum who could do as you suggest.

Anita

My device is showing App 7.02, Home does not inform me of newer App. can you please tell me where did you download the 7.210.

Iyad
compost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problems in trying to download v7.10 of WE map for my GO720. I raised a ticket with TomTom Support and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

The map that will be offered to 720 users through the latest map guarantee is not
currently available. Once it is available you will be able to download it through
Home.

With Best Regards

It seems that we'll have to wait and see.........................

It still doesn't explain why some usrs have been able to update to v7.10 maps via Home already.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatMonkey wrote:
Guys,

The 1st Line Support Guy "Jeff F. (UK)" is aware of the problem with the 720 and the map Map Guarantee - 2nd Line Support is aware that it's broken.

Suggest that you guys get hold of "Jeff F. (UK)" as he aware of the problem.

I think "(Jeff F. (UK))" is just an automated robot. I have plenty of "Copy and Paste" replies that don't address the question in the slightest, to imply he is.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whichever tech support person mentioned that the latest map guarantee option doesnt appear if you already have the latest map is talking rubbish. Ive got the latest v7.10 map using the latest map guarantee and whenever i connect my tt up to home, the option to check for the latest map is always available. Although I have the latest map, i still have the option to check again! Maybe its only there during the first 30days tho, coz my tt isnt 30days old yet. Thought this might help someone whos in a wrangle with tt customer support at the mo Smile

iPhone 12
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think Jeff F. must have got it wrong. This is what John G. has just sent me in relation to one of my GO720s (pardon me whilst I go off to determine which one, I'm currently raising the new map guarantee subject on behalf of three GO720s and I'm getting a bit confused)....
Quote:
Discussion Thread
Response (John G. (UK)) 16/11/2007 09.42 AM
Dear Mr,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding your Map Guarantee Code

The Code that appears on the Green Leaflet that came with your TomTom device is a Map Guarantee Code. It is NOT a Promotion Code for Free PLUS Services such as Traffic and Safety Cameras etc.

If you buy a TomTom and a map update becomes available within 30 days of the Date of purchase, the Map Guarantee Code entitles you to a free Map Update.

You will also need to make sure that you have registered your TomTom device onto your TomTom account, to do this, please follow these steps:-
- Log in to your TomTom account via the TomTom Website http://www.tomtom.com/support/
- Once you have logged in, click on 'PLUS Services'
- Click on 'Select My Device'
- Choose your device profile
- Enter your Device Code of your device into your account. The Device Code can be found on the 'Show Version' Menu of your TomTom.

You can use the Map Guarantee Code by logging in to your TomTom account via TomTom Home.
If you haven't already done so, you can install TomTom Home from http://www.tomtom.com/7602

We Strongly Recommend that you make a Backup of your TomTom device BEFORE you use the Map Guarantee Code and download any updates.

Once you have made a backup in TomTom Home, please do the following:-
- Click on 'File - Use Latest Map Guarantee'.

If you are Entitled to a free Map update, TomTom Home will download your Map update if the Map Guarantee Code is still valid.

With Best Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 15/11/2007 09.38 PM
It is now approaching 72 hours since you replied that I should expect a response within 48 hours.

Can you please tell me now that you are releasing map v7.10 for me to obtain under your Latest Map Guarantee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer 12/11/2007 10.10 PM
Tonight I bought a new GO 720 and have changed my account details. I have Home v2.1.2.121. When I click on "Use Latest Map Guarantee" I am told ....
"Your device came with the latest map.
Currently there is no map update needed".
But I have map 705.1480 and on your website the latest map is v710. I attach herewith a copy of my purchase receipt. Please make the latest map available for me to download.

Does anybody know what words their automatic thingy picks up on? It looks to me as though on this occasion it has grabbed "720" and "Map" and "download". Or maybe it's just programmed to pick up on "Please"??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 5 of 36

Jump to: