Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Device for clocking business miles?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Device for clocking business miles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farsat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Device for clocking business miles? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. And what a great site/forum! Never realised there was so much to this subject! Very Happy

My beginners question is: Is there a device out there that I can use to simply clock up my business mileage? I'm thinking of a dash mounted device (I would like speed camera reporting as well but can take or leave sat nav functions) that I can use simply by, say, tapping an icon to tell it "start recording" then another to say "stop". Later, I could download all start/stop points and journey mileage records onto a pc to analyse and sum individual journey miles. Simplicity and ease of use is all.

The only device that I have been able to find which can do just this is the now-discontinued RoadPilot Pro. I actually bought one but found the display to be so poor I couldn't actually use it. Others that I've found will record business miles (eg new navmans) but only for journeys programmed into the sat nav, which misses the point for me. I do a lot of short journeys in which I know exactly where I'm going and how to get there. I don't want to programme in the journey - just clock the miles.

Can anyone out there navigate me to a solution??

Many thanks in advance
farsat
CharlieG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Clocking business miles Reply with quote

I have an Inforad which is principally a GS speed camera warning device but which will also log your trips. The log file can be down loaded for transfer to Auoroute, TT, etc. if required.
Dest 6, Maps of Europe, Memory Map Navigator (Europe Edition)
GlobalSat SDI0 SD-501 GPS, BT GPS
TT BT GPS, Inforad
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tripmaster also allows you to record details of your trip in csv files that can be read with excel, it records the start position, finish position and waypoints along the route plus route mileage

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk
farsat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to the two respondents!

Had not spotted either of the two products suggested so well worth while posting. Having looked at the options I think I'll probably go for the inforad on the grounds of simplicity plus I've already got a built in satnav in the car anyway.

Thanks to both again
farsat

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: