Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really waiting for the SatMap product for off-road use, but not sure I can justify the money:

http://www.satmap.com/

It's also STILL not released despite the original May 2007 release date. Hopefully you guys have requested a review sample.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, the device you are thinking about has been available for around two weeks, its a great unit Laughing - Mike
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Only get the splash screen? Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
Only get the splash screen?

If anyone upgrades their x10 to 7.16 and finds out it only boots to the splash screen then do the following:

1. Reset the device to turn it off using a paper clip near rear connector.
2. With TomTom Home running and the device on the dock, turn it back on and allow it to connect to the computer (the TT should have the green computer picture showing).
3. Click the "My TomTom" or "operate my device" link and first of all use the device on your screen in the 'simulator'. After you've used the device via the computer, it should then boot normally.

No idea why this works, but it's worked for me and several others when this trick was posted to the forums of another site.

I had this same problem but I could only get it to run via the "operate my device" in TT Home if I had opened the "operate my device" page on-screen in stand-by before I connected the my Go910. Once connected TT Home then downloaded an update, presumably for "operate my device" to work with v7.16, and only once this was done would everything start working.

By the way, does anyone know if there are any benefits in upgrading to Home 2.x? I was prompted to upgrade but ignored it because of all the negative reports and did all the above on Home 1.6.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing-

I can't find either the customisable vehicle icons or the "favourite icons" shortcut button that are part of v7 on the Go x20 machines...[/list]
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all the options that are on the X20 are available. They are device specific as stated on the TomTom site if you follow the link on the first post.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I love about v7 running on the 720 is that you can pick a state and then it will only return cities in that state. After installing v7 on my 910 I noticed that entering destinations still searches every city name in the United States. If you have the updated maps that are compatible with Map Share, do the new maps allow you to narrow down the results to a particular state or is this one of the model specific features that will only be on the x20's?

Report map errors- http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com
rk6246
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem, it appears that you are more limited to the number of POI categories in V7...

After upgrading to 7.16 I can't add anymore categories, so I even deleted some existing ones, and I still can't add any.

Does anyone know the maximum number in V7?

Ross
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Only get the splash screen? Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
By the way, does anyone know if there are any benefits in upgrading to Home 2.x? I was prompted to upgrade but ignored it because of all the negative reports and did all the above on Home 1.6.

I cannot see any real benefits. 2.x seems to have fewer features than 1.6 and I actually had to downgrade to 1.6 to perform certain tasks which you can't do in 2.0 (such as downgrading the device software when it didn't work). If 1.6 is working for you and you don't use MapShare, then stick with it.

However, if you're using MapShare, it seems that you must have Home 2.1 installed for it to download and upload MapShare changes. Version 1.6 does not seem to support MapShare updates.

Nick...
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new problem with v7.16...

If I use my Go 910's remote to go to the "Browse map" menu option the "Find" button displays but does not work.

It is appears as a middle button on the selection bar so there is no corresponding button on the remote (the same as with the older software versions) but if I press the button manually onscreen as I used to do then the button responds by changing colour momentarily but it does not actually do anything. This means that I can only look at a map of the last place I looked at which is not very helpful when I am out and about!

However, if I do the same process using only the touch-screen then it works OK.

Anyone got any ideas? I'll report this to TomTom but I won't hold my breath for a fix...
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: TT Home 1.6 vs 2.0 Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
I cannot see any real benefits. 2.x seems to have fewer features than 1.6 and I actually had to downgrade to 1.6 to perform certain tasks which you can't do in 2.0 (such as downgrading the device software when it didn't work). If 1.6 is working for you and you don't use MapShare, then stick with it.

However, if you're using MapShare, it seems that you must have Home 2.1 installed for it to download and upload MapShare changes. Version 1.6 does not seem to support MapShare updates.

Nick...

Thanks Nick. I agree that v1.6 is better but I'm negotiating for a free map upgrade from TomTom which they seem to have agreed to in principle because they were out of date when I bought it, so if I want to use mapshare I will have to upgrade. Do you know if it's possible to have both versions installed on one PC or could I use v1.6 on one PC and 2.0 on another so I can have the best of both worlds? Do you think my Go910 might get a bit confused?
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you get the option to leave 1.6 installed and 2.1 installs to a different folder anyway. If you try and run 1.6 after installing 2.1 then you'll have to make sure youve removed the TomTom system tray icon.

Another huge bug is that TomTom Home really HATES multiple users under Windows XP. If there are two people logged on when you install the software, it gets into a complete mess. Ensure that there is only ONE user logged into XP when you install or use TomTom.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
It is appears as a middle button on the selection bar so there is no corresponding button on the remote
On my Remote I have 5 raised buttons. The one in the middle, just above the TomTom logo, operates the Find Option. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk6246 wrote:
Another problem, it appears that you are more limited to the number of POI categories in V7...

After upgrading to 7.16 I can't add anymore categories, so I even deleted some existing ones, and I still can't add any.

Does anyone know the maximum number in V7?

Ross

The limit is 100. Included in this are the CA****.ov2 files you will get via MapShare. The PA****.ov2 files which are what are produced when you update any of the MapShare POI files.

Any POI files you add including the PGPSW Camera files.

The downside is that TomTom will always use its own files before it uses the ones you add so if you exceed to 100 any over that will not be displayed or acted on.

The number of MapShare categories that you use can be controlled from within TomTom Home, Preferences/TomTom MapShare/Select POI Categories.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have to be joking with the vertical status bar... right ?

just tried in on my TTOne v2 and it takes up almost 1/3 of the screen for no apparent reason

the text is much larger, why ?, as are the GPS status bars AND the street name is still along the bottom !!

it's laughable Rolling Eyes

Garmin Zumo 390LM
awdxs1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: TT910 Firmware 7.16 and hands free Reply with quote

Upgraded without a hitch but am lightly to go back to 6.52 as its made the Handsfree operatation all but useless. It works badly and intermittently for a few seconds and then locks up requiring a reset. The hack to feed phonecalls audio via the line out to your car speakers no longer works..... Shocked

and I have to upgrade my maps to use Mapshare (tm)...... note sure which of the Western & Central European map to select there are 2 recommented by TT home got the TT910 Confused

At this point I am not sure if I should put anymore money into this TT or go and find a more reliable product....... The Tomtom 910 has been a comedy of errors from the start...... it would appear to be in Tomtoms customer support you need to have a 'pencil and a pulse' Its a genuine dissapointment as It has the potential to be a great product. The replacement TT920 I fear will be worse if the TT720 is any indication.

Sorry Rant over...... just fed up with string of C*&kups, The mount, buggy firmware, TMC...... the loss of SDK at V7.xx and now V7.16 which for me is a retrograde step.

regards

Bruce

TomTom GO 930

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: