Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trouble installing POI Warner on GoPal 210T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble installing POI Warner on GoPal 210T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndianaBlues
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Trouble installing POI Warner on GoPal 210T Reply with quote

Hi,

Today I bought the full version of POI Warner for GoPal Navigator 2 and installed it on my 210T. Whilst the installation went smoothly, and everything seemed to work afterwards, as soon as I turned off the unit then reactivated it, it rebooted with the "Light" version of POI Warner...

I then tried deleting all the POI Warner folders from MY FLASH DISK and reinstalling, but now after powering off then on POI Warner doesn't start at all (no green/red square)...I'm assuming that somewhere there's a config file that's still pointing towards the preinstalled Light version, which I removed after things went bad the first time...any ideas? Embarassed
IndianaBlues
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK managed to fix it...just renamed the folder and executable so that they were the same as the Light version Wink
RickBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: PNA210T Reply with quote

IndianaBlues

As a matter of interest, I updated as well and I find that if you play around with the Warner software on the 210T the green dot goes. If you then reboot, the 210 reverts back to the lite version again. I'd be interested to know which files you renamed etc.
Cheers,
Rick.
RickBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: PNA210T Reply with quote

Ok, found and tweaked the files and just renamed the old "Light" file and folder. Now all is well. Some updates will have to have the files re-named correctly for them to work, then re-named again afterwards. It would be good to find the exe file that points at the folder in the first place and deal with it. The POIWarner site doesn't help much, I can't seem to find an email address to contact them and get some support. Ho Hum.
Merry Christmas,
Rick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: