Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin launch V7 "New Edition" satnav softwar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: First "new edition" delivery received in the UK Reply with quote

Quote:
Clive....Easiest thing to tell you is that anything which has New Edition on it and has the NEW box design (UK Language only) has the new mount. This stock will be with Retail and Etail customers by the end of next week!

Stu - Your promised stock supply date for the new edition was spot on!
I received the following info from GHSTech.co.uk today (Friday 26 Oct) ref X970T new edition:

"Your order is shipping today and will be with you in 2-3 working days.
Many Thanks for your patience. The goods were launched this afternoon and this is the first delivery received in the UK"
Very Happy
mbailey3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: First "new edition" delivery received in the U Reply with quote

Clive06 wrote:

Stu - Your promised stock supply date for the new edition was spot on!
I received the following info from GHSTech.co.uk today (Friday 26 Oct) ref X970T new edition:

"Your order is shipping today and will be with you in 2-3 working days.
Many Thanks for your patience. The goods were launched this afternoon and this is the first delivery received in the UK"
Very Happy

That looks a good price £143 (£153 delivered) for the X970T Europe as the RRP is £169.

It will be interesting to see if this manages to bring down the prices of the mid to high end Tomtom devices that this is competing with.
Clive06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: categories of safety camera files Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
HI

I can confirm that you can load on third party POI files onto all our devices and this will still be the case in the new Content Manager which comes with V7......

I will see about getting a listing of the types of camera to post...

Stu - My shiney new X970T should arrive in the next few days Very Happy
Any luck yet with the list?

I guess what I need is the categories of safety camera files that I can download from the Pocket GPS database to supplement, but not duplicate, the safety camera POI files supplied by ViaMichelin.

Sorry if I seem impatient, but I have next week off to play with my new toy and the excitement is getting to me!
joeann90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I have just purchased a X950 on the 28/9/07 if i send away for the dvd disc to get a map update for £7.00 when i send in the receipt and barcode etc,can anyone tell me if i will be eligible for a free Very Happy software update to the new version 7 which is coming out soon,or do you have to pay for the upgrade to version 7, i am currently on version 6.00 on my X950 ,i am a bit confused about this software version 7 ,can anyone explain it to me in simple terms as i am new to this Wink thanks for any help or replies, Smile
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeann90, I am new to this as well but the ViaMichelin website says that the Version 7 software is only available for the 960, 970 and 980 models. Did you get a software (not maps) upgrade voucher with your SatNav? If not then you probably are only entitled to the maps and you should go ahead and return your voucher and pay the £7 when requested. That's a bone of contention for me - I just bought the X-980T this month but the maps were 2006.1 (from May 2006). The minimum I would have expected on a new purchase would be 2007.1.

You should be able to upgrade to version 6.5.4 software by downloading a patch from the ViaMichelin website. Once you register your product (on-line) you should be able to do that. The website is a bit clunk but manageable in the end. I think you should be able to download a free 2007 UK Michelin Guide as well.
Cartography Edition 2007
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RCorry.

I am sorry that you got the older maps but the X-980T has been out for over a year so any older stock in dealers would have original maps from the product release. The fact that you had to upgrade to 6.5.4 makes me think you had one with V6.1 which was first release and would have had maps from the dates you specified.
Even if it is an older version - If you made a purchase after August 15th you can get V7 for free with 2007.3 maps included.

As for the X-950 - V7 is not free and is only compatable with one containing V6.5 onwards....

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Processor speed Reply with quote

What's the processor speed of the X-970T "New Edition" ?
On the french ViaMichelin site, the "New Edition" (with the V7 software) shows a Samsung 300Mhz and on the UK site, the specs of what seems to be the previous version (with the 6.5 software) is showing a Samsung at 400Mhz.
Seems a bit strange to introduce an updated software only to get it running on a slower processor ? Would that explain reports by some users on http://www.gpspassion.com that a delay problem in the displayed position on the map on previous versions is apparently still apparent in this "New Edition" ?

Bernie
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Processor speed Reply with quote

B_G wrote:
What's the processor speed of the X-970T "New Edition" ?
On the french ViaMichelin site, the "New Edition" (with the V7 software) shows a Samsung 300Mhz and on the UK site, the specs of what seems to be the previous version (with the 6.5 software) is showing a Samsung at 400Mhz.
Seems a bit strange to introduce an updated software only to get it running on a slower processor ? Would that explain reports by some users on http://www.gpspassion.com that a delay problem in the displayed position on the map on previous versions is apparently still apparent in this "New Edition" ?

Bernie

Bernie

There is a slight difference on occasion between the voice comment and the distance reported on some motorway junctions and this is being resolved - The distance is reported to the end of the junction (Top of the slip road) and the voice matches the actual distance to the start.
We have reduced the procesor as part of the cost saving which has been passed onto you the customer. We ran simulations and the change made no difference to route calculations and use of the product.( I am having this data sent over and will be happy to post it here)!
If it altered the product use or we reduced our cost and didnt pass the savings on I could understand your concerns - But we have reduced our pricing and we are giving free upgrades to a large number of customers - Find me another manufacturer who does this sort of thing??

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we still have to wait until Dec before the upgrade DVD's go on sale? What are the chances of the software being shipped in time for Christmas, just wondering if I should add it to my Christmas wish list or not.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...I have made our team aware of the number of requests from people to get their upgrades as soon as possible...we are trying to improve the dates and I will post as soon as we get an update.

www.leyio.com

EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Processor speed Reply with quote

Strange since other manufacturers put a more powerful processor in order to reduce route (re)calculations time.

Deepfour wrote:
But we have reduced our pricing and we are giving free upgrades to a large number of customers - Find me another manufacturer who does this sort of thing??
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu. Thanks for your prompt reply re. the processor speed. Strictly speaking though, one ~might~ be better off getting the previous 400Mhz version and get the free V7 update specially as, without looking hard, I have already found one advertised on the web within a similar price range ? It would be interesting however to see how the 400 & 300Mhz processors compare in the "day to day" useability of the V7 software.

Bernie
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy/ Bernie/ Everyone

I have looked at the charts now and for route/re-route calculations and seraches there is absolutely no difference in the speeds of the calculations form the old version to the new.

As for the comment about other manufacturers - All I can say is that this is the only change and the other products havent changed the processors or anything else. Our pricing is significantly lower than market averages and as better featured.
Of course the information is on our website to see clearly but if looking at Tom Toms site you will se that the TT1 has no information about the processor and just says "highly sensitice GPS Chipset" rather than be transparent about whats inside. If you check out the facts you will see that theirs actually has a 266 processor!!

If you want copies of the graphics showing the speeds- email me !

Cheers

www.leyio.com

jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_G wrote:
Stu. Thanks for your prompt reply re. the processor speed. Strictly speaking though, one ~might~ be better off getting the previous 400Mhz version and get the free V7 update specially as, without looking hard, I have already found one advertised on the web within a similar price range ? It would be interesting however to see how the 400 & 300Mhz processors compare in the "day to day" useability of the V7 software.

Bernie

Sometimes software tweaks can improve the speed, just giving something a faster processor can be seen as a way of hiding sloppy programming.
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Arrival Time Reply with quote

Just to change the subject a little!

Now that half term is over and traffic is heavier I am seeing the benefits of the TMC on my new X-980T. I am quite pleased with the accuracy of the data, however, I have noticed a shortcoming. This morning I had a Congestion warning of traffic at 25 mph over an 8 mile stretch of the M27. But the Arrival Time was not changed to allow for the slower traffic, it still assumed normal Motorway speeds. Thus, I'm not convinced that the system is really capable of offering me the best alternative route - no diversions were offered in this traffic.

Will V7 have improvements in this area?
Cartography Edition 2007

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 10 of 20

Jump to: